[WIPz] Kikai's Isolated Kit, Accessories & Items - Modder's Resource

Kikaimegami

I am so proud of the name I came up with for this; you have no idea.

I have been working for the past week on going through each armor and clothing mesh, tearing off the bits that people like to use by making an alpha channel on the texture. Or bits I'd like to use. Or bits I think might be useful. Some of the ones I've already got done have been done before, but I like the pain. Really, it's mostly because I wanted a complete library of bits for myself when I go on to making new stuff later and don't want to spend an hour tracking down where all the pieces I used came from and who made them when it comes time to write ReadMe's.

Now I will admit here that I am not the best at this. I'm not even the second best. I'm an amateur, self-taught, stubborn wannabe with too much time on their hands, so if someone else does something better, for the love of god use their stuff instead.

Up until I started this project, I'd been doing the same alpha channel hacking (and editing meshes in Nifskope by zeroing polys or by changing each. Vertex. Position. By. Hand. :wallbash: ), then a friend came to me and asked if I could port something from FONV to FO4 for him. Except I'm waiting for updates to the Blender NIF scripts, which I told him as much. Then I said screw it, I got stuff from Morrowind into Oblivion when that didn't have a working exporter either; It can't be that hard. Might as well try, right? A day later, I could do it. I kind of wish someone would have bothered me more like two months ago.

I haven't decided if my complete hackjob solution is better or worse than those first days of Oblivion modding, but it is at least as annoying. I'm also having to dredge up all the crap I forgot while not touching any of this kind of stuff for the last five years, while also learning about new crap (MATERIALS FILES :wub: ), and trying to figure out how to do new crap (I will get a facebones mesh working, I swear to god).

Still not entirely sure what's possessed me to do a huge project like this first off, though.

So here's what I've done so far. Everything has both the male and female meshes, and unless otherwise specified, when I list something plural (like "Bags"), that means each individual item in that group is its own mesh. I like options. Also, everything that has cloth physics in the vanilla meshes will keep cloth physics in these. I toil hard for you, my friends.

Meshes Completed, Tested In Game:

Postman: Bag

Residents 5 Suit: Bag (the little purse thing)

Combat Armor: Belt, Belt Bags, Canteen

Field Scribe: Vest, Backpacks, Ropes, Vest/Belt Bags (TEN MILLION LITTLE POUCHES), Arm Pouch

Kellogg (by far the one that has given me the most fits): Waist/Leg/Chest Belts, Leg Sheath, Belt Bags, Left Arm Armor (4 pieces: shoulder, bicep, elbow, wrist).

Kellogg Custom [Front] [Back]: Chest Harness, Right Arm Armor (4 pieces) ~Req by: Deadeas

Leather Armor (Light): Chest Belts (2 pieces, shoulder strap and chest strap), Chest Belt Hardware (for the straps listed), Belt, Belt Hardware

Leather Armor (Heavy): Chest Belts (2 pieces, shoulder strap and chest straps.. I should separate those further though...), Shoulder Belt Hardware, Belt, Belt Hardware, Belt Bags

Leather Armor (Heavy) Custom [Front]: Lower Belt, Lower Belt Straps

Metal Armor: Belt, Belt Bags, Bedroll (It is a bedroll, right?)

Meshes Completed, Not Tested (AKA: I deiced to do all the Raider stuff in one go and will deeply regret it when I go to test them all):

Raider Heavy (Under Armor): Coat, Belts, Female Coat Bottom (because it had other crap in it and that bugged me)

Raider Heavy (Medium): Neck Scarf, Bag

Raider Heavy 02: Belt, Belt Tanks

Raider Mod Armor (Under Armor): Neck Wrap, Left/Right Arm Wraps Upper/Lower, Waist Belts, Waist Belts Wrap (This has gaps in it where the belts fit)

Raider Mod Armor (Light): Belt, Belt Tanks, Pickaxe

Raider Mod Armor (Medium): Two Adorable Little Fuel Tanks Strapped Together For Your Belt!

Raider Mod Armor (Heavy): Belt Addon (meant to be used with the Under Armor waist belts), Belt Bag, Belt Sack (which is much like a bag, but instead is a sack), Belt Skull, Belt Loin "Cloth" (which saddens me that it didn't have cloth physics on it, but I may try to rig some up.. and now I want to do that and make it sound like wind chimes when you walk.... :ermm: )

In Progress:

Raider 01: Scarf, Scarf Border (for the frayed edges), Jacket (can't stand alone because the top half is missing, but it could work with something that covers the shoulders), Jacket Right/Left Arm, Shirt (use with Jacket), Duct Tape, Belt Bag

Raider 02: Belt (slightly custom, a valiant effort to get rid of the shirt flopping over it in places)

Planned Next:

Raider 03: Backpack (I want to see what I can do with finishing the straps), Bedroll (for adding to other back gear), Belt, Coat, Scarf, Belt Bag, Belt Bag Hose, Coat Bottom

Raider 04: Harness

Raider Heavy: Hood

Raider Under Armor: Beltssssss, maybe the jacket too.

Requested:

NOTHING YET. Unless TS people mentioned something to me and I forgot to write it down :ermm:

Mama Murphy Clothes: Fuzzy Slippers ~Req by bethjunkie

- I'll be doing more to this one of course, but I'm putting a note so I don't forget.
Various: Leg Braces, Leg Bandages, Leg Wraps, etc. ~Req. by: Athanasa
~

I'd like to hear what everyone wants to see. I do plan on visiting every last clothing and armor piece eventually, but it's going to take me forever. Even if it's bits in meshes/sets I've already visited; I'm aware I left out tearing apart things besides the torso/under armor meshes. I am also willing to take requests for custom bits based on vanilla pieces, such as making things that are only on the texture into meshes, or right/left variants. I don't mind trying something new just so see if I can make it work (and not look like ass).

Edited by Kikaimegami

This is wonderful! It is so good to see you back modding again!

One thing I've wanted since the beginning of the game is Mama Murphy's fuzzy slippers. I would totally run around killing Muties in a strappy armored outfit with colorful fuzzy slippers on my feet.

This is wonderful! It is so good to see you back modding again!

One thing I've wanted since the beginning of the game is Mama Murphy's fuzzy slippers. I would totally run around killing Muties in a strappy armored outfit with colorful fuzzy slippers on my feet.

Thank you :smile: I guess I couldn't stay away forever :tongue:

Oh my god. I am adding that to the list. Yes.

Oh! Oh! Erm, can I request? If not, requesting it anyway!

I don't know if it exists in-game (I think Kellogg had one?), but a standalone leg brace of some sort would be AWESOME. Mostly to slap onto some special NPCs as flavour for old war wounds.

Kellogg's doesn't have it, but I recall seeing something like that somewhere. I'll keep an eye out. I know for certain that there's several wraps and kitbash trousers repairs that exist on some textures (and a few meshes) and they'd look like bandages and the like standalone. I was waffling back and forth about modeling the texture-only stuff, but obviously someone wants it, so there's that decision made :tongue:

Edited by Kikaimegami

Hey Kikai, nice to see you around again.

Looking forward to what you can come up with.

Dante! Long time :smile: (Well, long time on here at any rate :P )

I have so many outfit ideas. It's driving me crazy. I just know doing this project now will help me so much later.

Edited by Kikaimegami

I forgot to mention it above, but this will also come with my final skeleton compilation that should have every additional bone for clothing physics, which will be for loading into BodySlide so you can edit everything in Outfit Studio. It's going to be necessary for anyone using this resource (and who can't model) because you will need to be doing some of your own fitting in OS since these are, at most, made to not clip with the Enhanced Vanilla Bodies, and even then, some might, because the armor and clothing meshes have varied fitting (and rigging in many cases). I'm trying to not make them too far off their vanilla sources, but I do alter them here and there.

EDIT: Mentioning the above because I'm currently staring down the Raider03 body mesh and the TEN BILLION CLOTH BONES I need to copy over to my compiled skeleton :wacko:

Edited by Kikaimegami

http://tes.kikaimegami.com/screenshots/Fallout4/mods/Isolation/Screenshot%202016-02-12%2012.37.47.png

http://tes.kikaimegami.com/screenshots/Fallout4/mods/Isolation/Screenshot-2016-02-13-03.35.jpg

I kind of wonder if I'm going a little overboard modeling the texture stuff out and making everything modular. This right here is what's slowing the entire process down. Argh.

All of the Raider meshes have been put through the conversion gauntlet and the male variants are working in game; I haven't yet tested the female meshes. That'll happen once I get the male mesh clipping issues sorted (there's a few, just because of how skin-tight clothing/armor behaves vs. the naked base body). I'll update the OP with the list of what's what once all the Raider stuff is fixed and re-tested.

this some cool outfit :smile: will this be a outfit mod ?

This will be a resource for people to make their own outfit mods from for the most part. I'll be including an esp with a few sample outfits made from the stuff, but mostly it's just a resource for those who can't do 3D editing, but would like simplified assets rather than having to make most of the mesh invisible in order to use a single piece from a vanilla item. What you're looking at in those screengrabs is the Harness outfit with the texture-only portions of the straps modeled to be real, separate objects, so they're much easier to add to other outfits or accessories.

I'm really more accustomed to working with other people, me doing the modeling (and some texture work), while getting requests from my modding buddies for what meshes they want/need. Since I don't really have a modding partner to work with right now, I'm doing this for the community to use instead. I tend to go way too far overboard when I'm in charge of all aspects of a mod on my own and it's really better for me to focus on one thing if it's ever going to see a release :ermm:

Granted, I do intend to use these assets in my own standalone mods eventually; I'm just getting the super tedious busywork out of the way first.

EDIT: In other, related news, I have given up all hope of using OS to do fitting and just started throwing lattices at everything in Blender. Eesh.

Thinking I may include original and fitted variants of everything I'm doing fitting to. I've been saving them in separate files at any rate.

Edited by Kikaimegami