Life as a student constable

Stampede

Hi everyone

Popped in to give an update as to how things are going in sunny South Africa. I am still very much in training, which mainly takes place on Saturdays. I am studying constitutional and criminal law under South African police acts and will be undergoing further practical exams in the use of a "tonfa" (PR-24) and firearm training with a Z88 9mm handgun. I am also going to be undertaking basic SWAT (all recruits go through it) which involves house penetration, jumping in and out of helicopters and getting sprayed with mace. Yay. All SAPS officers are required to wear bullet proofs while on duty. Our uniforms are very much designed for urban assault.

I'm still awaiting my uniform and there is a massive backlog, so even when my training is finished, I will probably have to beg borrow and steal for a while. In the meantime we wear reflective jackets and bullet proofs.

During evenings when I can, I work from 10pm to 2am at the charge office, assisting the inspector on duty and other reservists. Sometimes I have to search suspects or sit in during a questioning.

I'm also still writing for PCFormat South Africa and enjoying the perks! As well as working at my usual job in construction.

Chat soon, thanks to everyone who has added me as a friend...though I must still figure out what that's all about.

Follow the link below to see a grainy pic of me in the station wearing a vest.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/Pho...os/meinvest.jpg

Glad to hear things are going okay. ^^ (And that you have to wear bullet proofs!)

We miss you around here. Writing for PC Format eh? Spiffy. What kind of stuff?

Thanks Switch.

I review games! So far I've reviewed:

UFO Afterlight

Battlestations Midway

Warfront: Turning Point

Expand Rally Xtreme

Spiderman 3

World Championship Poker 2 (wip)

Genesis Rising

I've also been given Command and Conquer 3 Kane Edition as well as a N.O.D t-shirt!

Archived