Gamers Music Preferences

Lateralizm

Gamers Musical Preferences  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favorite genre, no subgenres. General area or nothing.

• Metal
    • Rap
    • Pop
    • Alternative
    • Other?
    • Classic Rock
    • Jazz
    • Blues
    • Classical
    • Electronica

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this list needs some expanding. What about Jazz, Blues and Classical? (and Electronica if you consider that big enough to be its own genre). Seems to me mostly we've got everything after the 60's. Don't forget that music didn't start with that...

On the contrary, most of what I listen to lately is modern stuff (Rapcore, metal) but my favorites are some Power Metal and Metalcore bands:

1. Starkweather

2. Textures

3. Blind Guardian (Since this was already listed I'll give my favorite female-fronted metal, Nightwish and Epica).

I think this list needs some expanding. What about Jazz, Blues and Classical? (and Electronica if you consider that big enough to be its own genre). Seems to me mostly we've got everything after the 60's. Don't forget that music didn't start with that...

On the contrary, most of what I listen to lately is modern stuff (Rapcore, metal) but my favorites are some Power Metal and Metalcore bands:

1. Starkweather

2. Textures

3. Blind Guardian (Since this was already listed I'll give my favorite female-fronted metal, Nightwish and Epica).

Yeah i understand that i definitely should have expanded on a wider spectrum, but off the top of my head those are the ones i thought of. I will add those to the list, but i dont think i can add much more.

Thank you. I really suspect "Alternative" is more of a pseudo-genre. Most of what's "Alternative" is modern, and belonging to many different styles. Something that isn't genre-limited could also go under "Other". I see no use for "Alternative", but it looks like people have already voted on it so might be a bit unfair to get rid of it. I would also suggest "World" but that could go under "Other" as well. Just my suggestions :)

Thank you. I really suspect "Alternative" is more of a pseudo-genre. Most of what's "Alternative" is modern, and belonging to many different styles. Something that isn't genre-limited could also go under "Other". I see no use for "Alternative", but it looks like people have already voted on it so might be a bit unfair to get rid of it. I would also suggest "World" but that could go under "Other" as well. Just my suggestions :)

I did that mainly to cover subgenres as a whole so no one is like well oh i only like black metal not classic metal or something along those lines. Haters are Welcome. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Voted "other"

Electro-orchestral all the way. and classical, and symphonic rock. But mostly electro-orchestral.

Nothing beats a nice electric guitar riff accompanied by flying violin strokes, tubas, synthesizers following in on the melody. So many chills down my spine. so... beautiful, so lively!

As in, most of han zimmer's scores (Especially the more recent ones) like the score for COD6 and Crysis2.

holy hell, that guy can COMPOSE. i mean, Gladiator, The last Samurai, The pirates of the carribean... They ALL kicked me into an orgasmic peak... Followed by an eerie headache.

Edited by vesemir the witcher

Voted "other"

Electro-orchestral all the way. and classical. But mostly electro-orchestral.

Nothing beats a nice electric guitar riff accompanied by flying violin strokes, tubas, synthesizers following in on the melody. So many chills down my spine. so... beautiful, so lively!

As in, most of han zimmer's scores (Especially the more recent ones) like the score for COD6 and Crysis2.

holy hell, that guy can COMPOSE. i mean, Gladiator, The last Samurai, The pirates of the carribean... They ALL kicked me into an orgasmic peak... Followed by an eerie headache.

Have you ever heard the 'Venetian Snares' album 'Rossz Csillag Alatt Született'? That's the only thing I can think of that could be considered electro-orchestral. Though, we may be thinking of different things, as 'Venetian Snares' has no electric guitar in it...

Venetian snares were intresting, but not what i had in mind.

Here, these should help you get my meaning.

Link 1

Btw i forgot to mention inception's "the dream is collapsing" by zimmer. That guy's found my spine, and he keeps chilling it in his gaddamn fridge!!