Editor won't run

Shanix

Nope.. this *IS* the entire file...

[XComGame.XComContentManager]
-ColorPaletteInfo=(Palette=ePalette_AfricanSkin,ArchetypeName="X2_UnitPalettes.AfricanSkin")
+ColorPaletteInfo=(Palette=ePalette_AfricanSkin,ArchetypeName="qUIck_X2_UnitPalettes.AfricanSkin")
-ColorPaletteInfo=(Palette=ePalette_ArmorTint,ArchetypeName="X2_UnitPalettes.ArmorTint")
+ColorPaletteInfo=(Palette=ePalette_ArmorTint,ArchetypeName="qUIck_X2_UnitPalettes.ArmorTint")
-ColorPaletteInfo=(Palette=ePalette_AsianSkin,ArchetypeName="X2_UnitPalettes.AsianSkin")
+ColorPaletteInfo=(Palette=ePalette_AsianSkin,ArchetypeName="qUIck_X2_UnitPalettes.AsianSkin")
-ColorPaletteInfo=(Palette=ePalette_CaucasianSkin,ArchetypeName="X2_UnitPalettes.CaucasianSkin")
+ColorPaletteInfo=(Palette=ePalette_CaucasianSkin,ArchetypeName="qUIck_X2_UnitPalettes.CaucasianSkin")
-ColorPaletteInfo=(Palette=ePalette_HairColor,ArchetypeName="X2_UnitPalettes.HairColor")
+ColorPaletteInfo=(Palette=ePalette_HairColor,ArchetypeName="qUIck_X2_UnitPalettes.HairColor")
-ColorPaletteInfo=(Palette=ePalette_HispanicSkin,ArchetypeName="X2_UnitPalettes.HispanicSkin")
+ColorPaletteInfo=(Palette=ePalette_HispanicSkin,ArchetypeName="qUIck_X2_UnitPalettes.HispanicSkin")
-ColorPaletteInfo=(Palette=ePalette_WeaponTint,ArchetypeName="X2_UnitPalettes.WeaponTint")
+ColorPaletteInfo=(Palette=ePalette_WeaponTint,ArchetypeName="qUIck_X2_UnitPalettes.WeaponTint")

I've already inserted a few slots into each archetype sets; one for each skins and started to increase the Armor primaries (adding 4 more per Hues & a new Cyan group of 7)

Reference below....

http://s21.postimg.org/mv28fdb2v/PAL_Armors.png

Sooooooo... default Reds #70-72 would receive four more shades to fill a whole line -- you can witness this grouping principle in other palettes as well.

The entire sets would end up like this;

R

O == 73 will then be pushed down as #77 as any of the others 'sets' below...

Y

G

B

C == new

V

M

All followed by Firaxis Greys & Blacks (#91-96) with much further Numeric tags (+140..) !!

Here's what i am basicly using as structure for a smooth spectrum & rational ranges;

http://s11.postimg.org/3quyducqb/Hexact_Pal_256.png

Ideally each 6 corner hexes must be represented. If possible the other mid-range six (Orange & Violet already exists in the default palette, btw) could be exploited to offer balanced variety. Thus these two are simply missing; SkyBlue & Avocado

I'm just about ready to give up any hopes of ever compiling my ideas in this stubborn SDK. Reasonable patience at my age is a complex issue, sadly. :wink:

Edited by Zyxpsilon

Looking good Zyx :)

I mean, if a mod with only XComContent.ini file containing that single line breaks the editor, it is something Firaxis should look into.

Well, at least there is a hope. I'm currently fighting an old notebook with failing hard drive that is no longer manufactured = fail whatever I do.

Yup, I made a brand new empty mod, added xcomcontent.ini with only [XComGame.XComContentManager] in, build solution, now the editor wont load.

Loaded up my current wip mod afterwards, editor still won't load.

Deleted test mod in sdk mods folder, editor loads again.

This seems to be an editor only problem right? I've seem mods that edit the colour palettes so it must work in game somehow.

Plenty wrong, AFAIC.

1) I suspect the UPK file settings must be tricky for each of these UnitPalettes references to be correctly handled by the compiler. If they're built as Archetypes, it possibly means their correct "Group" has to be defined and even if that option is valid... the naming conventions should match with (again) an incode process. Problem is -- i have yet to see the correct way to actually create any sort of valid UPK under sooooo many different conditions. Exactly the kind of precise documention (UE3) that Firaxis should have given to us all in the SDK PDF system.

2) The ShaderCache flaw (85MBs+) prevents me from even trying to compile anything until they address this very important issue. Any Solutions or Builds wouldn't be "saved" correctly.. much less, making a "Debug" ready folder with valid assets! The Editor simply collapses under these serious flaws and the only way to have it back is to delete the newly created MODS (from Xcom2 SDK) folder. Weird enough, right off the next session, it complains not being able to find THAT folder. How would anyone be able to load something that needs to be deleted to even start the Editor itself?! Weird.

At least that's how i should interpret the latest troubles. Might be wrong or absolutely right. The only proper conclusion at this point is that i surely won't be making any VALID and ERRORS-FREE mods any time soon. I just need a stable IDE which can deal with MY mistakes when & then -- as it should steadily.

Edited by Zyxpsilon

• 5 months later...

I'm having the exact same issue that jgbaxter is; pretty much identical log files.

Nothing's resolved it.

By comparison, I run the actual UDK just fine, so something's buggered up with XCOM 2's editor and there's absolutely no information out there to fix it.