Pink textures on mod items

Shurikeeen

you may need to activate archive invalidation, or try this: A guide to setting up your PC version of Fallout 4 for modding. This does not show you how to install mods, but rather set your game up ready for mods to be installed. These edits are required for installed mods to work in your game.

You will need to add the following line to the Fallout4Prefs.ini file below the section marked [Launcher]:

bEnableFileSelection=1

You will need to change the following line in Fallout4.ini:

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

Might be a typo in the NIF or Material file not pointing to the correct texture location. I think the game with CTD if the string is wrong in the NIF, at least that happens to me if I typo something in a mod I'm making. But, if the path is wrong in the material file, you'll get the pink texture affect.

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

Actually: that's outdated information. And it has been for some time.

The actual line needs to be changed to:

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Add nothing behind it. It needs to be empty.

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Which then wouldn't work due to being incomplete. The correct lines for activating archive invalidation in Fallout4Custom.ini, thus enabling custom assets, are:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Source: http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Fallout_4_Mod_Installation

Edited by wax2k

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Which then wouldn't work due to being incomplete. The correct lines for activating archive invalidation in Fallout4Custom.ini, thus enabling custom assets, are:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Source: http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Fallout_4_Mod_Installation

Note that I only quoted the sResourceDataDirsFinal line he posted and corrected that.