My first Institute spy encounter

tomomi1922

Abernathy farm called for help. I came in, not seeing anyone, and got successful quest message. Then I realized 1 of my settler died.

Reloaded the game, now running like crazy to save the settler from being killed. only to find this (check screenshot). So all the myth about Institute spy is true. I know this settler, I outfitted her with all those stuff. And the sad news is, she is one of my very few clean faced settler. I tried to reload and not come to help, maybe she will stay alive? But no, even quest failed, population still went down, and this time her corpse was nowhere to be found.

But I am kinda ecstatic. It is a bit sad, as seen in screenshot, that she screamed out for help like a normal settler. Bethesda didn't bother with giving her a new dialogue as she was discovered. There is no doubt she is a spy, check out that content on her dead body. She was smart, she ran for the exit. Other settlers didn't take that so kindly and she was mowed down.

See, I try to be nice to the synths, because I like a couple synths in this game, but those spy bastards make it really hard :mad:

I think I'm going to build a prison. I'm going to build a concrete block square that's open in the middle, and put up ladders to get them in and out and then delete the ladders. Then they can rot in there for all time, or at least until the stupid game engine decides they can still vandalize something :down: