How to restrict file downloading on a uploaded mod?

lonewolfkai

I've uploaded a file that I'm working on so that I can share the work with a team mate, but I don't want the files available to the public yet. How do I keep the file from being downloaded by the public but allow access to my team mate? Is that possible?

It's not what the system was designed for. The file database is for sharing public release files, rather than for private mod development among a modding team. It's mainly because we're slightly restricted on space requirements so don't want all the space being taken up by mod teams with no room for actual releases.

Creating a Source Forge type site for mod developers (with this topic in mind) is on my list of things to think about, but right now we do ask that mod teams don't use the Nexus to share private files with each other.

It's not what the system was designed for. The file database is for sharing public release files, rather than for private mod development among a modding team. It's mainly because we're slightly restricted on space requirements so don't want all the space being taken up by mod teams with no room for actual releases.

Creating a Source Forge type site for mod developers (with this topic in mind) is on my list of things to think about, but right now we do ask that mod teams don't use the Nexus to share private files with each other.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the quick reply. :D

I guess I thought it was possible because sometimes when you try to look at a new uploaded file, it'll say something about access restricted, but I take it that's Moderator Review mode?