Whiterun is missing

Caliban0310

This is a tough call. So Whiterun completely disappears leaving only the land it stood on?

It vanishes from the map, and when I walk to the location and try to enter the city, the game crashes. Most of the mods I'm using I have used before, and I can't think of anything that would influence Whiterun like that.

This is a tough call. So Whiterun completely disappears leaving only the land it stood on?

It vanishes from the map, and when I walk to the location and try to enter the city, the game crashes. Most of the mods I'm using I have used before, and I can't think of anything that would influence Whiterun like that.

Eh, I don't know what else to say. Maybe try unchecking mods one by one, seeing if you can pinpoint the mod that cause the issue. If you still can't find it, I'm afraid that you'll have to reinstall all your mods.

Eh, I don't know what else to say. Maybe try unchecking mods one by one, seeing if you can pinpoint the mod that cause the issue. If you still can't find it, I'm afraid that you'll have to reinstall all your mods.

Yeah, unless anyone else has some ideas I guess that's what I'll have to do. Thanks for your help!

Sort your MO left panel right. In priority order list texture files certainly shouldn't be higher priority than main dlc files. Priority order from start should be Dawnguard, Hearthfires, Dragonborn, Unofficial patch, High rez textures 1,2,3 and then everything else. Your resource files are loaded in wrong order, it can cause issues.

Sort your MO left panel right. In priority order list texture files certainly shouldn't be higher priority than main dlc files. Priority order from start should be Dawnguard, Hearthfires, Dragonborn, Unofficial patch, High rez textures 1,2,3 and then everything else. Your resource files are loaded in wrong order, it can cause issues.

I thought only the right side mattered when it came to load order? Cuz I've ordered everything correctly there.

Here's a new development: I removed all mods except for alternate start and SkyUI, and it STILL removed Whiterun... does this mean there's an issue with the base game or something?

I thought only the right side mattered when it came to load order? ...I removed all mods except for alternate start and SkyUI, and it STILL removed Whiterun... does this mean there's an issue with the base game or something?

Maybe not. When you removed mods did you simply uncheck the plugins on the right panel? Try unchecking folders on the left panel until Whiterun shows up again.

If that doesn't work, then yeah something plum terrible has happened to your base game.

Maybe not. When you removed mods did you simply uncheck the plugins on the right panel? Try unchecking folders on the left panel until Whiterun shows up again.

If that doesn't work, then yeah something plum terrible has happened to your base game.

Yeah, it seems like the base game got corrupted. I can believe it, I've been restoring my Skyrim folder from a clean backup I made a long time ago. Gonna reinstall and try again.

I found the problem. I have no idea WHY this is a problem, but it is.

Using Alternate Start, I was selecting the "I am camping in the woods" option. This drops me at a camp close to Helgen, and causes the "Live another life" quest to update immediately upon starting the game. I think when the quest updates immediately, it causes the issue.

Even with a fresh install of Skyrim, SKSE, SKYUI, and Alternate start, Whiterun still vanished. Using any other start option leaves Whiterun on the map.

Idk why this keeps happening, but thank you for all of your help in trying to figure it out!