Could the Nereverine be Dovahkiin?

stars2heaven

I've been playing through Morrowind cause I never actually beat the game (I have now! just not the expansions yet) and I came across a line in the "Lost Prophecies" that stated that the Nerevarine, among other things, was Dragon-born.

Of course it was taken to mean that that passage meant that the Nerevarine had been born under the sign of the dragon which does not necessarily mean he is an actual dragon-born. But hey, prophecies don't always have to be figurative, right? They can sometimes be literal as well.

Then again, that was a long time ago in game years. But isn't the Nerevar essentially immortal now? Contracting corprus made him/her "ageless and immune to disease".

Barring any established lore that marks the death of the Nerevar or absolutely prohibits him from having a dragon-soul I don't see why our illegal immigrant, aka Dovahkiin, can't also be the infamous Nerevarine.

Edited by stars2heaven

The nereverine went to akiviri (not sure of the spelling) and never returned. Its on the USEP Wiki.

Yeah, when the Oblivion crisis was going on. Who knows what happened to him after 200 years? I think he got there, and after searching for 200 years for the dragons that were supposed to be there, he turned around and headed to skyrim when he heard some rumors there might be some there.

It would also explain why he is crossing the border :P

Edited by stars2heaven

Well, I guess part of it depends on the definition of "ageless" in this context. Does that actually mean immortal, or just that his/her body doesn't show signs of age? You can simply not show the signs of age and still die when you get old. Otherwise, about the Dragon-born part, I suppose he/she could have been of the bloodline, but not necessarily the one you play in Skyrim.

Well, I guess part of it depends on the definition of "ageless" in this context. Does that actually mean immortal, or just that his/her body doesn't show signs of age? You can simply not show the signs of age and still die when you get old. Otherwise, about the Dragon-born part, I suppose he/she could have been of the bloodline, but not necessarily the one you play in Skyrim.

I'm not sure a person could die of old age unless they actually aged. That is the reason everyone dies from old age after all. So unless a person could actually accrue all of the various detriments that are normally associated with aging then a person couldn't die from any of them.

As far as the level comment goes, that could be explained in a number of ways. Perspective is one way. Level 100 or whatever in Morrowind is roughly equivalent to the Nords expectation for a level 1 warrior. They aren't pansy elves.

My Dunmer doesn't approve of being called, "pansy" ;D In all seriousness, I've wondered about this myself. I thought that the Nerevarine will at least have some mention in Skyrim. Maybe he/she conquered Akavir and is coming back with a fleet? A little too late for Morrowind though . . . :( :sadpanda:

I'm not sure a person could die of old age unless they actually aged. That is the reason everyone dies from old age after all. So unless a person could actually accrue all of the various detriments that are normally associated with aging then a person couldn't die from any of them.

As far as the level comment goes, that could be explained in a number of ways. Perspective is one way. Level 100 or whatever in Morrowind is roughly equivalent to the Nords expectation for a level 1 warrior. They aren't pansy elves.

Do you realize how MASSIVE a gap like that would have to be? If Nords were that powerful, that a level 100 is weak to them, why haven't they conquered the empire? The whole world, even?

If you go by that logic, you could train in Morrowind all your life and amount to what? A level 1 rat in Skyrim?

Plus the higher you level, the harder it is to level, if you reach 100, you're gonna have a harder time reaching 200 then you did reaching 100.

It is possible. After all, the PC in Morrowind was merely a reincarnation of the Nerevarine.

It is entirely possible that the PC in Skyrim is the Nerevarine as well; that, or (this just occurred to me), perhaps the Nerevarine is actually a dragon! :ohmy:

The nereverine went to akiviri (not sure of the spelling) and never returned. Its on the USEP Wiki.

Yeah, when the Oblivion crisis was going on. Who knows what happened to him after 200 years? I think he got there, and after searching for 200 years for the dragons that were supposed to be there, he turned around and headed to skyrim when he heard some rumors there might be some there.

It would also explain why he is crossing the border :P

He's crossing the border because he is being led to his execution. Howard stated this himself.

Interesting idea though. The PC could technically be a relative of the Septims unless there is more than one bloodline that is Dragonborn.