About Lycanthropy

hejpadig

Hello fellow adventurers.

I've really been thinking about the whole lycanthropy part of Skyrim, if it will be included, of course. I really didn't like the werewolves in Blood Moon. I think they didn't really look that well, it was a long time ago, but still. I'd like Bethesda to make them pretty much like normal wolves, but bigger. (running on all fours, etc.)

Am I the only one with this concept or do you share my thoughts concerning this subject?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people hated the graphics of Morrowind once the next gen consoles (360, PS3) came out. It still ranks as my more prefered Elder Scrolls game. Never became a werewolf in-game but, in my mind, werewolves are bipedal. Meaning they walk upright. I wouldn't mind running on all fours when using the sprint boost but otherwise, two (count 'em 2!) feet walking.

Complelty agree! Werewolves are men that turn into wolves. Not men that get hairy and grow claws and run around on 2 legs... I don't want the to become one and then fight like my normal char but with claws instead of swords like you did in bloodmoon.

Here-here! The lycan in the trailer looks like a troll with two eyes and black fur, not good-let's have some proper beasty lycans, PLEASE!

You missed something in the first one. The lycan in the trailer is completely bipedal, and looks like a deformed mutant-somewhat like an extremely thin, black furred troll, or a tiny Yao Gui Edited by Vindekarr

You missed something in the first one. The lycan in the trailer is completely bipedal, and looks like a deformed mutant-somewhat like an extremely thin, black furred troll, or a tiny Yao Gui

Probably because that's exactly what it is, a troll. I doubt that thing is going to be our lycan, is there any source stating that it's a werewolf?

A few folks on the Nexus, nothing concrete. That said-judging by the snout, and the ears, it MAY be a lycan, but after some of the at times poorly thought out conspiracy threads about skyrim so far, I wouldn't bet my moustache on it. Idealy we'l;l see polymorphing from Vanilla here. I loved the polymorph spells in WoW, they were great fun, and I think they'd fit neatly into Elder Scrolls. I mean, in the Lore there's mention of polymorph-certainly of mages and daedra turning one object into another object, a spell to turn yourself into a tiger surely isnt too out of the question, or so I hope.

And yeah, WoW, I dont care how many people hate it, it was a fine game in it's day, and while it's currently very fashionable to say you hate it, it's still a game I have a great deal of respect for, from both a gamer's perspective, and a writer's.

Edited by Vindekarr

Actually I remember an interview that was only sound, with Todd Howard where they asked fan´s questions and one of them was about werewolves, mister Howard said they were trying things.So werewolves are not 100% excluded from happening.Although I´m going to play as a vampire I´d love to see werewolves in game.