⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Oblivion Mods: Common Questions and Problems

I've got the Unofficial Oblivion Mod working, and yes the game plays, but I still have no dialogue. The only thing he has to say is the guards are coming for me. Everyone tells me the Custom Race Fix Mod isn't needed with the Unofficial Oblivion Mod, but isn't the Custom Race Fix Mod suppose to fix the dialogue problem?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Konnor, it's not a matter of "trying", it's the way this mod must be installed: you take that esp and place it inside your Data folder, where all the esp files need to be, and then you activate it using your Mod Manager or the Data Files tab of Oblivion Launcher.

Besides not having the extra dialogue, does the Main Quest start for you?

And the Unofficial Oblivion Patch not working for you...

Are you under Steam or Retail Disc? if Retail Disc, which version number of your game appears in the lower left corner of the Main Menu?

I think it's not that this mod or the UOP are not working right, I suspect you haven't the game itself installed and patched properly.

Note: do not use Nexus Mod Manager for Oblivion. This game is too old and does not work with tools not designed specifically for it.

Cheers!

Yes I have the Retail Disc,and yes I have Nexus Mod Manager for Oblivion. Non of these are my problem, My problem is just this is my first time. For my first time I have managed to get a few mods working with no problems. :~)

If Valen Dreth says the guards are coming I think the UOP custom race fix is working. Does the Emperor show up and the main quest start?

- Edit - Make sure the game version number is 1.2.0416 (as seen in the main menu screen at the lower left corner).

Edited by Striker879

Konnor, the UOP does indeed FIX the prison dialogue, because if I remember correctly (I haven't played the vanilla, non-patched game in ages) without it, Valen Dreth will not talk to your custom race character AT ALL.

From my point of view, and since I don't know which additional lines of dialogue the Custom Race FIx by Kinetarse is supposed to add, everything is working as expected for you. No Custom Race Fix: Valen Dreth says nothing to you. Custom Race Fix: Valen Dreth talks to you.

Cheers!

Konnor, the UOP does indeed FIX the prison dialogue, because if I remember correctly (I haven't played the vanilla, non-patched game in ages) without it, Valen Dreth will not talk to your custom race character AT ALL.

From my point of view, and since I don't know which additional lines of dialogue the Custom Race FIx by Kinetarse is supposed to add, everything is working as expected for you. No Custom Race Fix: Valen Dreth says nothing to you. Custom Race Fix: Valen Dreth talks to you.

Cheers!

Sorry call me a protectionist but I just wanted everything to work. Well them the only thing I can think of is I have left him speechless and he has no insults for me. So much the better.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this has been answered yet, but I have been trying to install the HGEC mod, and I must've messed up somewhere, because now whenever I try to load a previous save or start a new file, it just shows a blank screen with either the map (when loading) or the character creator interface (when creating a new character)

I've tried taking out the mod, I've tried uninstalling Oblivion and reinstalling it, and I've even tried erasing my files then putting the disk back in!

Please help me!

• 1 year later...

So I'm just getting into moding. I've never done it before but a guy I met while on vacation showed me some of the cool stuff possible with oblivion. WHERE DO I START!? I've installed Oblivion Mod Manager but I can't seem to figure out how to work it. Can someone suggest a good walkthough video for "dummies"

• 2 months later...

Hiya, everyone. I've been having a problem when installing mods; more specifically, mods that belong in the Models/Textures category. Even more specifically, the mods that alter the characters. No matter what mod I try to download (and I've tried a handful), if it involves updating characters or changing textures in ANY way shape or form, it will always say it had a "problem installing." I've had the same issue with Skyrim. I've run the program as administrator, but no dice. Could someone please tell me what my problem is, and how I can fix it?

Again, the issue is not that I don't see changes in-game. It's getting the mods to activate in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Quick question, how does one edit the text messages of a mod? Things similar to the "you are encumbered" message. The message from od will appear only when in stats page, I'd like it to appear without going into journal menus. As well as maybe edit what the messages say.