Fallout 4 1.4.124 Beta Update is on!

Boombro

^is that the bug where it's super bright and the floor floats?

ye, aka the LOD bug. It's annoying as a like farming that area once in a while so having to go there then restart the game is tedious as best.

They have done many fixes and this glareing one is still here?

yep been there had that

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saving and fast travel are my two, big issues with the new Survival Mode, and for similar reasons. Both are conveniences to prevent potentially serious frustration. I save to preserve hard work which could be lost to a glitch (something at which Bugthesda excels in providing), so tying saves to an arbitrary sleep requirement seems like making it harder to play, rather than to survive. Fast travel, especially in light of the increased respawn times, is simply a way to avoid unwanted drudgery, humping it across well-travelled and explored terrain for no good reason. Movies fade to black when there's nothing going on; fast travel is that fade to black.

Hopefully, this mode will be modified to provide the option to select elements, rather than having to take all of it in one, big chunk. ='[.]'=

Saving and fast travel are my two, big issues with the new Survival Mode, and for similar reasons. Both are conveniences to prevent potentially serious frustration. I save to preserve hard work which could be lost to a glitch (something at which Bugthesda excels in providing), so tying saves to an arbitrary sleep requirement seems like making it harder to play, rather than to survive. Fast travel, especially in light of the increased respawn times, is simply a way to avoid unwanted drudgery, humping it across well-travelled and explored terrain for no good reason. Movies fade to black when there's nothing going on; fast travel is that fade to black.

Hopefully, this mode will be modified to provide the option to select elements, rather than having to take all of it in one, big chunk. ='[.]'=

Actually I find Fast Travel not really legit in Fallout4 since you can actually use some fast Travel related to the story (

vertibird and/or institute

).

So using the standard ("map") fast Travel kinda breaks this whole aspect of the game.