CK dropping in April

Userper

Vault 81 was a weird experience to me. It potentially is the only fully functional, good condition vault in the entirety of the Fallout franchise that a player can experience through most of the game and stay that way. I'm used to finding vaults and expecting to find ruins and bad news with what happened to the original occupants.

I'm sure FNV does have one?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with some others that the community seems to be getting a bit too nit picky about the Fallout franchise. Rockstar does not offer a tool kit to create add-ons for their games, albeit they polish up pretty well (with more studios mind you). Most others do not either. And no one is bringing mods to the console sector, except Bethesda. For as much as some tout their knowledgeable about gaming and having worked in the industry, one would think they have chaired the IGDA and no longer need any financial recompense from their work.

Bethesda needs a good launch for their console mod port and creating a website and mod framework that will work across both Sony and Microsoft with excellent tools is no small feat. I only hope that for all the negative talk most will not use it as an excuse to not mod FO4 to the hilt for a great introduction to console players. If there is any hope, right now, for those that can mod with talent to possibly work a way into the gaming field for some form of paid modding, we need a good showing for the console players, which have been the meat of the market since the late nineties. I have no idea what paid modding would look like... and, before, I cough up some ideas I need to see some success on writing and creating for gaming, mainly level designing and story writing with some other skills.

I find it funny, it's sad, but funny still.

V81, for example, what can you do in that room?

If you add a simple chest, you will not fit in that broom cabinet anymore.

If people would actually have survived in there for 200 years, then each and everyone had Godlike capabilities.

Hell, if I were to be put in such vault, I'd go killing spree within 5 months, rofl.

Not to mention 200 years!!!

But say, you want to add some things, like chests, where would you leave them?

Soon (relatively speaking) there will be usable mannequins.

Awesome, if only we had a spot to put them at.

Think about this: 80% of the population has been wiped away.

Settlements and towns take quite a wee of space, sure, but half is either entirely demolished, or overrun by criminals/creatures.

Then we have half the other map, unused.

I can't see a reason why not to build larger places?

Merely saying.

And you know in terms of how many seem involved in the modding community versus the FO4 gross sales, the community is pretty small. I am surprised there is not a huge coalition of modders playing together to rival a DLC release from the production crew.

I can always count on Boombro for the latest fallout news

Thanks, but I said nothing about this one.

If there is any hope, right now, for those that can mod with talent to possibly work a way into the gaming field for some form of paid modding, we need a good showing for the console players, which have been the meat of the market since the late nineties. I have no idea what paid modding would look like... and, before, I cough up some ideas I need to see some success on writing and creating for gaming, mainly level designing and story writing with some other skills.

What are you talking about? No one said anything about paid modding.

I find it funny, it's sad, but funny still.

V81, for example, what can you do in that room?
If you add a simple chest, you will not fit in that broom cabinet anymore.
If people would actually have survived in there for 200 years, then each and everyone had Godlike capabilities.
Hell, if I were to be put in such vault, I'd go killing spree within 5 months, rofl.
Not to mention 200 years!!!

It no the same people from 200 years ago, and some NPCs came from the wastesland and stayed.

But say, you want to add some things, like chests, where would you leave them?

Soon (relatively speaking) there will be usable mannequins.
Awesome, if only we had a spot to put them at.
Think about this: 80% of the population has been wiped away.
Settlements and towns take quite a wee of space, sure, but half is either entirely demolished, or overrun by criminals/creatures.
Then we have half the other map, unused.
I can't see a reason why not to build larger places?

You mean houses?

Well, building large stuff is really harder all around.

And you know in terms of how many seem involved in the modding community versus the FO4 gross sales, the community is pretty small. I am surprised there is not a huge coalition of modders playing together to rival a DLC release from the production crew.

There is no GECK and it really hard to mod right now for new comers and old dogs.

Edited by Boombro

Old friends: Sure, but think: Would the wastes be spared of radiation?
Fallout?

Realistically: survivability out there: 0, since no shelter, and water/food.

Point was: if you put 30 man in a vault the size of a lockbox, NO one will ever emerge.

We simple cannot live together, ESPECIALLY not locked up, being forced to see the same faces day in/day out for 10 years.

Not speaking of 200 here....

These folks are not heavily trained and tested astronauts, right?

They can live together for a wee, but it won't be the first that began to doubt his own mind, up there...

One even said, a Russian, that he got so down at a point, that he wanted to just blow the hatch...

Or so the story goes, but it does make one think.

Large places: well not quite, there are quite a few large places, that when cleared and cleaned, might become decent housing.

About cleaning: are the only ones that have somewhat a brain, those in V81, or the Institute (not that I ever got there, but pictures online say quite a bit)?

People should now that hygiene is a must, especially in those conditions? XD

There is no GECK and it really hard to mod right now for new comers and old dogs.

AND: not everyone sees things in the same way.
I tried to 'resurrect' the Dwemer, by the logic, that if 3 Dwemer could survive the curse (one being a Ghost, but STILL a Dwemer) others might as well.
Dwemer always had this strange, attractive pull on people, just look at some Dwemer based mods.
But nope, could not get it running...

Tried for a long wee, though...

If there is any hope, right now, for those that can mod with talent to possibly work a way into the gaming field for some form of paid modding, we need a good showing for the console players, which have been the meat of the market since the late nineties. I have no idea what paid modding would look like... and, before, I cough up some ideas I need to see some success on writing and creating for gaming, mainly level designing and story writing with some other skills.

What are you talking about? No one said anything about paid modding.

That is a personal desire and plenty of talented gaming modders have mentioned it. Nothing wrong with aspiring to contract a DLC for Beth that only cost $9.99 or so and they approve of the work and take a stout piece of proceeds... I said I would give no ideas and, yet, here we are. A team could easily set up its own alpha and beta with a login key, and test and appeal to Beth as a private group/company, after some success. I applied and received feedback on my writing with Codemasters Dragon Empires going in the way back machine. I have attended IGDA meetings and actually like the folks and work with media finance... Nothing wrong with getting to know a subjectively small group.

Plus, there is the creative appeal to making something other small to big kids love playing with... that bit cannot be stuffed in a vault.

I can think of lots of more storylines, provide some artwork, and give a group working storyboarding on projects. Off the top of my head, we could have a US SIGINT quest mod that literally dives into how long a nuke bunker can last post-painting the majority of the world as shadows on walls! All the great restoration mods could be used in multiple flashback sequences with entry and exit points specific to the RPG quest... we could then destroy said pristine assets. Using some camera effects, we could first person a nuclear white-out and make the screen shake and controller vibrate, while the "Ebola Gay" bombs drop.

I totally understand we need less "unknowns" in our tools and more communication. Hopefully, we have a multi-million people sandbox that is and will produce a kingdom to play in, wherein we are the anti-heroes and heroines.

Old friends: Sure, but think: Would the wastes be spared of radiation?

Fallout?

Realistically: survivability out there: 0, since no shelter, and water/food.

Point was: if you put 30 man in a vault the size of a lockbox, NO one will ever emerge.

We simple cannot live together, ESPECIALLY not locked up, being forced to see the same faces day in/day out for 10 years.

Not speaking of 200 here....

These folks are not heavily trained and tested astronauts, right?

They can live together for a wee, but it won't be the first that began to doubt his own mind, up there...

One even said, a Russian, that he got so down at a point, that he wanted to just blow the hatch...

Or so the story goes, but it does make one think.

Large places: well not quite, there are quite a few large places, that when cleared and cleaned, might become decent housing.

About cleaning: are the only ones that have somewhat a brain, those in V81, or the Institute (not that I ever got there, but pictures online say quite a bit)?

People should now that hygiene is a must, especially in those conditions? XD

AND: not everyone sees things in the same way.

I tried to 'resurrect' the Dwemer, by the logic, that if 3 Dwemer could survive the curse (one being a Ghost, but STILL a Dwemer) others might as well.

Dwemer always had this strange, attractive pull on people, just look at some Dwemer based mods.

But nope, could not get it running...

Tried for a long wee, though...

Not everyone was frozen and revived in the Hollywood dream of cryo-pod heaven. Heavens no, such feats are reserved for the Wanderer! There is a Hades around here and virtual canvas begging for Ted Williams gone wrong to come out of the Popsicle tube as a freakin' ghoul!