A serious problem

GothicNicki

After all my current issues I have come across another problem with the settlement workshop, when ever i select the crafting menu it CTDs. This is annoying as I do like my crafting tools.

Many thanks Nicki

i did not know there was one, and i am running the latest version, downloaded at the weekend.

well i think my mod list has any added crafting benches. I do have one more issue and that is missing textures, and they do exist in the textures dir.

I have been bypassing the FO4.exe by using FO4 script extender, since the FO4.exe seems to like disabling mods.

Since it was did not work yesterday, I checked to see why, and saw through steam I had BETA next to the game :(. Tonight I will get the latest version that will work with the patch, and see which mod crashes the workshop on me.

Well to see if you indeed are using the latest update or not at the main game window select settings. You will see the version of the game that is running in the lower right corner.

Or open Steam, and check your games. If the work BETA is next to FO4 then you have the beta patch.

If you're missing textures and crashing on workshop menus, even though the files are there, you most probably don't have the archive invalidation setting (anymore). Make sure to double-check on that.

I do not believe I am missing textures, unless one of the settlement mods needs to be updated for the Beta patch.

Which setting should I check? I did run the game through the .EXE (after a few tries as it still wanted to disable all my mods), so unless the patch changed a setting on me. I did try to check them, but it was late last night, so I only glossed over them, and think they are ok.

I am not sure if it's related to the Beta patch, but one gun sound changed so I can almost not hear it, the Minigun. All others sound correctly. I do have a mod that changes the sound, but it affects the vanilla sound as well. The mod works correctly checking it out of game, but not in game.

Edited by bill8872

I think I found the issue, but will have to wait until I get home, but it might be DEF_INV - Improved interface beta causing the issue.

At least that is what I have read on there page.

You can delete the workshopmenu.swf from data\interface folder and it will work with the new Beta update.

This is what I have read. Will try it in a few hours.

Edited by bill8872

If you're missing textures and crashing on workshop menus, even though the files are there, you most probably don't have the archive invalidation setting (anymore). Make sure to double-check on that.

I do not believe I am missing textures, unless one of the settlement mods needs to be updated for the Beta patch.

Which setting should I check? I did run the game through the .EXE (after a few tries as it still wanted to disable all my mods), so unless the patch changed a setting on me. I did try to check them, but it was late last night, so I only glossed over them, and think they are ok.

I am not sure if it's related to the Beta patch, but one gun sound changed so I can almost not hear it, the Minigun. All others sound correctly. I do have a mod that changes the sound, but it affects the vanilla sound as well. The mod works correctly checking it out of game, but not in game.

Wasn't referring to you.

Edited by wax2k