Fallout 4 Beta Update and DLC, Creation Kit News

SirSalami

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #35167160. #35168960, #35201605 are all replies on the same post.

shnumber7 wrote: So Just as I thought. The new update has broken my game again! YAY another full week of attempting to get it back and working
kanedog wrote: Good luck im still messing with it to get it fixed, let me know if you get yours fixed
shnumber7 wrote: Yeah I will do, but as I said last time it took me over a week

what's the error? mine is when I start the game after 2-3 seconds it closes again

In response to post #35167160. #35168960, #35201605, #35210720 are all replies on the same post.

shnumber7 wrote: So Just as I thought. The new update has broken my game again! YAY another full week of attempting to get it back and working
kanedog wrote: Good luck im still messing with it to get it fixed, let me know if you get yours fixed
shnumber7 wrote: Yeah I will do, but as I said last time it took me over a week
merbentan wrote: what's the error? mine is when I start the game after 2-3 seconds it closes again

Broke mine too....however i believe it has to do with my mods and the update rendering my mods incompatible.....

In response to post #35130310. #35130710, #35135545, #35140215, #35141660, #35142005, #35142115, #35146180, #35179105, #35200505 are all replies on the same post.

Deaddropping wrote: Has anyone else who uses the NMM started up Fallout with the recent update and gotten told by the game that their mods are no longer available?
TheAddiction wrote: No. I am getting a CTD when I reach the main menu though.
afurryferret wrote: No, and all my mods are working fine as far as I can tell.
AgamemnonTWC wrote: It seems F4SE needs to update for this update. The update is already up, so try downloading it and seeing it that fixes it. I haven't updated yet, and frankly don't want to.
Centerman wrote: CTD when accessing the workbench in a settlement.
kanedog wrote: What is F4SE?
kanedog wrote: had a slight whoops on the waht is F4SE, has anyone figured out a way around the CTDT when starting the game?
Faylar001 wrote: CTD in workbench is because the update seems to screw up some modded meshes. just replace the missing meshes from the meshes folder. It will be trial and error to find which ones they are. Or you can simple open all your mod Zips and just grab every mesh you see.
rex8112 wrote: Nope, my game is running quite smoothly. I had to update the Place Everywhere mod but that's it. Well and F4SE but otherwise I'm all good.
Ironart wrote: I had this problem, if you have the Dev_inf mod installed you must download the update in the mod page, worked for me.

f4se is a script extender. needed for a lot of good mods. and will be vital once the creation kit is released.

In response to post #35130310. #35130710, #35135545, #35140215, #35141660, #35142005, #35142115, #35146180, #35179105, #35200505, #35212585 are all replies on the same post.

Deaddropping wrote: Has anyone else who uses the NMM started up Fallout with the recent update and gotten told by the game that their mods are no longer available?
TheAddiction wrote: No. I am getting a CTD when I reach the main menu though.
afurryferret wrote: No, and all my mods are working fine as far as I can tell.
AgamemnonTWC wrote: It seems F4SE needs to update for this update. The update is already up, so try downloading it and seeing it that fixes it. I haven't updated yet, and frankly don't want to.
Centerman wrote: CTD when accessing the workbench in a settlement.
kanedog wrote: What is F4SE?
kanedog wrote: had a slight whoops on the waht is F4SE, has anyone figured out a way around the CTDT when starting the game?
Faylar001 wrote: CTD in workbench is because the update seems to screw up some modded meshes. just replace the missing meshes from the meshes folder. It will be trial and error to find which ones they are. Or you can simple open all your mod Zips and just grab every mesh you see.
rex8112 wrote: Nope, my game is running quite smoothly. I had to update the Place Everywhere mod but that's it. Well and F4SE but otherwise I'm all good.
Ironart wrote: I had this problem, if you have the Dev_inf mod installed you must download the update in the mod page, worked for me.
kmutz wrote: f4se is a script extender. needed for a lot of good mods. and will be vital once the creation kit is released.

a Fresh install seems to have fixed it for me

Update to my problem after the latest Beth update. (Here) http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3835840-fallout-4-beta-update-and-dlc-creation-kit-news/?p=35173135

Turning the secondary monitors off or unplugging them doesn't work. Unplugging the data cable or disabling the monitors through Nvidia control panel does. So it seems to be a software thing and possibly related to Nvidia instead of Bethsoft. I don't remember a recent Nvidia update, but there have been several Windows updates since it last worked properly. I'll look into it some more later today. :rolleyes:

@bben46,

I was getting that message myself but it was before the latest patch. I also have a three monitor sett up. I'm not getting it anymore and it never switched me to the other screens when saying no.

Not sure if that's because my video card is unsupported by the game or not and I haven't seen this again since 1.3.

I know not helpful at all. :wallbash:

The reason why they're holding back on the GECK is because if they released it right now no PC players would bother to buy the 1st or 2nd DLCs because they are easily copied and made into mods. They're dicking us around because they're afraid of losing money.