a good third/first person RPG?

akatsuki555

Ooh there are sooo many to choose from. I'm a fan of browser based games, which tend to have lower quality graphics but they're freeeeeee. Have you tried Drakensang Online? It's my favourite browser game....

There are so many games i've played. No, seriously I said RPG not MMORPG or a browser game

Mass Effect 1/2?

Didn't I mention, no bioware stuff?

Edited by akatsuki555

• 1 month later...

Fallout 3/New Vegas. You won't regret it!

If you already have those get Borderlands. Not really a full open world game but still a ton of fun.

If you're in to games like GTA get GTA 4 or Saints Row 2 or Just Cause 2

I prefer Saints Row 2 and Just Cause 2 myself.

Edited by Dastardlybob

Brink has some RPG elements, but is more fps, idk the rpice on steam, if its low or u catch it on sale this week, its deff worth a look

what about the Diablo games, or Torchlight (both very popular so im guessing youve played them)

(personal questions)

would you guys recommend Fable 3 even if ive never played any of the others?

and was Alpha Protocol good? i remember it got some pretty bad reviews....

Might I recommend Titan Quest? It has RPG elements (quests and skill trees; just no "decide the outcome of the story").

It's similar to Diablo, and it's incredibly addictive.

Torchlight, the novelty wears off quick, mods are a bit of fun....thinkin' about 30 hour playthrough for main quest, But if ya do strangeland that can be a blast .

Just cause 2, though not really an rpg, is a ton of over-the-top fun, and the sheer size of the world is jaw dropping. The perfect mix of towns and cities to cause a ton of chaos and destruction and open forests if you want to see the view give you a lot of choices.

Plus i love anchoring an enemy jet to the ground as its taking off.

Edited by CommanderCrazy

I'm going to chime in here and recommend that if you can find a copy of Hellgate:London, a really underrated third/first person action/rpg, you can get a fan patch from the Hellgate:Revival forums (Revival patch 1.2.1 I think is the most current, tho there's been talk of a 1.5 patch in the works, but it might take awhile for them to finish it, as they have to completely rewrite their mod installer). It fixes a LOT of gltches, bugged quests, and rewrites some of the quest text so that it matches up a lot more with the settng and the storyline from the books, tho you don't need to have read any of them to follow along with the story.

Here's a link to the page with the patch download, tho I recommend perusing the Faq section.

http://www.hellgateaus.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

Here's the link to the current version of Reanimator, their mod/patch installer http://www.hellgateaus.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=69

There's also a really awesome mod called Lost London 2.0, with a 3.0 in the works.

Edited by zidders