Why? I mean why? Really why?

ENBarcelo

What's with all the mods that make women look like something out of a Heavy Metal Magazine.

Why not make some bad ass armor for DUDES.

I could find 50 mods that make a female a big breast bouncing spandex body suit wearing aeon flux goddess with flaming nipples, but I can't find more then a dozen mods that make a dude look like a hulking destroyer from the apocalyptic abyss with freaking laser beams attached to his foot, so when he shoves his foot up a Deathclaw's ass it disintegrates and fertilizes the soil.

There's a lot of good mods out there. I'm just pissed because I downloaded brokencrash's Ghost variant mod, and there's no cool male armor.

Rant over...

Edited by ENBarcelo

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd assume that it's because most of us are heterosexual males who like looking at women's curves, but not so much at guys' curves. So if you're a woman or just want your character to look like Hulk Hogan, you're less in luck.

Actually even that's not the whole problem. A lot of the meshes you see around -- save those who are the same mesh just tweaked for a new body -- actually come from other games or mods for other games. The number of people who can make a new armor mesh AND a good texture for it, is actually rather limited. And again, see the previous paragraph, the number of existing rigged meshes for other games has also reflected the greater target demographic of horny teenage male nerds.

Still, I do remember seeing some male body meshes around. Could have been for Fallout 3, though.

Still, I do remember seeing some male body meshes around. Could have been for Fallout 3, though.

Male/unisex costumes are pretty much overshadowed by female costumes, but not by a lot.

In any case, aside from the need to hug the horn, I guess that there's also the people who like to play dress-up.

Male/unisex costumes are pretty much overshadowed by female costumes, but not by a lot.

if you disregard unisex outfits.. it's very biased towards female outfits.

As for guys like looking at female bodies.. yeah ok.. on the one hand saying they don't like looking at the male form....but then playing dress up with a virtual barbie.. I can't quite place my finger on it. :confused:

^ What he said.

I agree - most of the armors are designed to be either unisex or flat out female only. I usually play female chaacters, so on that hand I'm not complaining(I'm 30 and don't "get a grip" looking at virtual barbies :P )

However, when I do my male characters, the most badass armors have been either PA or Combat Armor. It sucks that those two are like the only ones that are worth playing a male as.

Let's face it - Bethesda has taken Fallout and made it into "how slutty can we make female PCs look?"

Let's face it - Bethesda has taken Fallout and made it into "how slutty can we make female PCs look?"

The only slutty things I see in Vanilla New Vegas is the Prostitute Outfits, and they even makes the guys look like Gay Bondage Slaves. Naughty Nightwear/Sexy Sleepwear are pretty lore friendly cause they got a 50's look to them. However, the moders turned it into what you said. I see so many freaking adult mods, it drives me crazy? Why do we even need them here? I personally don't find a pile of coding and texture meshes "Sexy".

So don't download them. I can testify first hand that it's possible to play without any "slutty" mods, since I don't have any installed. I don't even have a body texture replacer in either FO3 or NV, and, amazingly, sboth still run. I'm guessing nobody made you download any "slutty" content either. So exactly what is your problem? Edited by Moraelin

So don't download them. I can testify first hand that it's possible to play without any "slutty" mods, since I don't have any installed. I don't even have a body texture replacer in either FO3 or NV, and, amazingly, sboth still run. I'm guessing nobody made you download any "slutty" content either. So exactly what is your problem?

It's sometimes names mislead me. It might sound like it's just going to be a simple outfit, and it turns out it isn't. I know nobody's making me, it would just be nice if there where no "Slutty" outfit mods on the first page of the uploaded files.

Why not make some bad ass armor for DUDES.

simple: because those bad ass "armors" for girls are, going after their appearance, basically, well, hard underwear. :-)

if you went for what could have any actual armor-value in real life (starting with covering the whole body!!) from those girl-armors, you'd be down to zero in no time.

and if you apply this whole principle to male armor, you'd get guys in hard underwear, and at this point, one basic rule of life kicks in:

girls in underwear look sexy.

guys in underwear look, at best, gay, if not plain ridiculous.

if you don't like that, complain to god. :-)

well and if you move away from the underwear-department and go for what would be "real" armor, you'd end up, in matters of optics, with exactly the shapeless leather-or-whatever-stuff you have in the game anyway, so there wouldn't be much use in making new ones... :-)

btw, cass looks great in the brown pimp suit from the freeside-fashionstore-mod... ;-)

Actually I wasn't expecting so many responses, but I Like I said before I got really pissed when I downloaded the ghost variants mod and there was no male stuff. I don't like playing barbie dolls, but I like my PC to look like a bad ass. This modding community is so much different from Dragon Age's, I can find a ton of pimp armors for my guys in DA nexus.

Spectre armor would look so bad ass on a dude. Honestly I can find a mod for FO3 that creates a race that make your PC look like a female bodybuilder, but I can't find a mod that puts a toe spike on a boot, or make me look like Mongus Humongus from the road warrior, or resistance soldier from terminator, c'mon.

If you don't believe me http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=14508, warning some disturbing images, so if nudity offends don't bother looking.

Edited by ENBarcelo