Why? I mean why? Really why?

ENBarcelo

I wonder if Slof's still in New Vegas... She was heavily into modding "male for female" stuff for MTES, Oblivion (less though)...

Gonne check, brb...

Hmmm, do check here...

Just MAYBE you like something there...

At Nivea:

I actually find a male aesthetically incorrect proportioned.

Women are pleasing to the eye, where a male is... well... a male, heh...

Then again, that's my humble opinion, I do not force this on anyone else.

Edited by Klipperken

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically: females are aesthetically correct, males are just ugly like hell.

Don't tell me: now Michelangelo would disagree...

He's gay, therefor he is not a man, but a woman (no disrespect to gay people!!! I mean this in the GOOD way. Many of my friends are gay, and even girls think of them as female... And so do I. Naturally, they ALL disagree on my point of view regarding Aesthetics... *grins*).

Thats a ..... interesting theory you got there.

Personally I think men/boys get so scared by people/media/parents/ect that to actually think the male body looks like "art" that means they are gay and thus bad and going to hell...or whatever it is people seem to take issue with.

It is OK to say hey that naked man in that amazing wonderful panting is art. It will not make you gay. :P

Rofl guys are so weird... hot... but weird. ;)

LOL. Gay men are women! never heard such ridiculous s*** ever. When it comes to aesthetic opinions, you should probably refrain from mentioning yourself in the same sentence as Mike, within that subject, you are probably next to nothing in comparison skill, knowledge or otherwise,

My advice: Stop confusing aesthetics with your penis and your sexual preference. :thumbsup:

Edited by Ghogiel

My "why oh why" question is more along the lines of why must someone always (re)start a "too many sexy female outfits" thread every few weeks. To me, it's not really something worth starting a thread about, let alone the hundreds of threads about this that has come out since Morrowind. Ghogiel has likely seen more of these threads than me, but I think my count is possibly an understatement. The least a person can do as an alternative is to refresh one of the already existing thread about this with a "yeah, I hear you." I mean, the same thing said here and the same people/mods mentioned here have already been mentioned at least dozens of times before in these kinds of threads....a big chunk of 'skimpy' female clothing are mods intended to support custom female bodies like Type 3. They are shapely and skimpy because they are trying to show off the body they support. Most power armour mods are usually designed with a male/unisex body in mind. That's always been a great alternative to me when my characters are predisposed to that look.

I have seen a few of these thread. They are confusing to me. But the mod contributions do not bother me. I am both technically and artistically interested in outfit mods of all kinds. Any complaints about the number of skimpy out fits can be replied to with "don't like it? don't download it" or "make your own and stop complaining".

though socially and psychology behind WHY there are so many of this type of mod is interesting. I still do not buy the reasoning that it is primary pubescent or young males wanting to play dress up with barbies and getting boners and not playing with male bodies because it kills their boner and they find them ugly. or whatever the consensus is. That part confuses me.

Erm, my "sexual preference" has nothing to do with what I said.

Sexual attraction and vision of aesthetics are closely related. Why do you think Mike was drawing a lot of young men with their weiners out.

Are you so different? is there any other reason that you have such an aversion to the male form, besides that you have a hetero preference? Careful when skirting the line of homophobia on this website...

Edited by Ghogiel

Didn't we have this thread last month?

Thank yourself lucky you''re not in a MMO, it's not like you have to play with other people using these mods :)

Personally overall in nearly any game I find a female character more interresting to play, they look more realistic than muscle toned guys. Though I don't mind playing a Duke Nukem type at times or even a robot.

When do we get some chainmail bikini armor or speedos for the duncans chunky mod?

I have seen a few of these thread. They are confusing to me. But the mod contributions do not bother me. I am both technically and artistically interested in outfit mods of all kinds. Any complaints about the number of skimpy out fits can be replied to with "don't like it? don't download it" or "make your own and stop complaining".

It's more so the fact that not everything is specifically labeled "For male" or "female" so you'll have to dig through the armor/clothing sections. The fact that everyone wants to make a sexy female outfit makes it very hard to dig for a good male outfit.

Besides this really isn't a matter of which gender is more pleasing to the eye, if you're playing a male character you don't wanna look boring and vanilla while all the females are customized and pretty. Men want to look handsome sometimes.

Sexual attraction and vision of aesthetics are closely related. Why do you think Mike was drawing a lot of young men with their weiners out.

Are you so different? is there any other reason that you have such an aversion to the male form, besides that you have a hetero preference? Careful when skirting the line of homophobia on this website...

If I were to be homofobic, then why do I have a considerable amount of gay (both male as female) friends, as I mentioned in this topic before?

I do not see them as any different, nor for religion or skin color for that matter.

To me there are only 2 races: good folks and not good folks.

That simple.

As for sexual preference and aesthetics: I never thought of it that way.

You do got a point there that I like to ponder upon.

It's always good to hear the thoughts of others, thank you.

BTW: could we communicate further through PM?

I do not want to hijack the topic, see.

We can leave it there Klipperken, I am happy with that. :thumbsup:

This thread is toasted anyhow.

It's more so the fact that not everything is specifically labeled "For male" or "female" so you'll have to dig through the armor/clothing sections. The fact that everyone wants to make a sexy female outfit makes it very hard to dig for a good male outfit.

It is? I thought the OP was asking why.. and why... and why there are so many female skimpy chainmail thong outfits making them look a backing vocal for Kiss. And there is a large disproportional bias towards modders creating female outfits leaving a perceived lack of armor for "DUDES". And wondered why that is so.

When he said he searched and found 12 outfits that make a hulking dude... he actually did find them all. and he was disapointed in the number that actually exist. not that they were hard to find. but yeah tagging for females/ males is probably underused. and hopefully will be less of an issue in the future.

Besides this really isn't a matter of which gender is more pleasing to the eye, if you're playing a male character you don't wanna look boring and vanilla while all the females are customized and pretty. Men want to look handsome sometimes.

I suppose. However, what then is your explanation/theory as to why there is such an apparent bias in mod outfits?

Edited by Ghogiel

I believe it is, and I may be wrong there, that more MEN play the game than women.

Thus there are more male modders.

herefor there are, logically, mor female gears and body replacers.

Could be wrong there though.....

And let's face it, most men just think with their second head... HAH...

Edited by Klipperken