Why? I mean why? Really why?

ENBarcelo

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not make some bad ass armor for DUDES.

simple: because those bad ass "armors" for girls are, going after their appearance, basically, well, hard underwear. :-)

if you went for what could have any actual armor-value in real life (starting with covering the whole body!!) from those girl-armors, you'd be down to zero in no time.

1. Well, that's not entirely true either. I did get a bunch of downloads on the professional suits for example, although not only they cover the whole body, but they arguably do a too good job of hiding a woman's curves. Sure, I'm aware that sex would "sell" better, but it's not exactly down to zero either.

Or I got a bunch of downloads on weapons that I didn't pose on some naked babes. The FO3 lightsabers were even included on a list of must-have mods, although all the pics included were of someone in a metal armour or vault security armour and with helmet, and from the back. I mean, the sex-appeal factor is literally at this non-existent level:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/images/836-2-1228232029.jpg

But, back to armours, I also notice that Star Wars armours got quite a few downloads too, although you'd be hard pressed to make something look less sexual than a full Stormtrooper armour. (Not my mod, btw. Still nice.)

So, yes, those bikini armours do get more downloads, but it's somewhat inexact to say it would be down to zero with full cover either.

2. Ultimately even that's fluff, because not everyone does mods just for number of downloads. Some of us are right nuts with just doing what we feel like doing. E.g., when I made the medieval maces, it was clear from the start that it will get less downloads than even swords in ia game with guns, because there just aren't that many impact weapon geeks around. Most people like guns and/or swords. I just felt like smashing something with a flanged mace or spiked mace, and to hell with whether anyone else wants it too :P

I'm guessing at least some of the people doing those "slutty" bodies and outfits are basically the same. Nobody pays them per number of downloads, so they just do whatever they felt like doing. And many as "slutty" new mesh or port was probably just what the modeller felt like doing.

3. I know that in my case a lot of stuff was done more or less just to show (if nothing else, to myself) that it can be done, or that I can do it. The first silenced weapon I did for FO3 was just because everyone was repeating the matra that you need to leave the number of mesh pieces in a .nif alone, and I just wanted to show that that's actually false, and you can add a whole new mesh piece. The lightsabers were actually a similar project.

I would imagine that a lot of those "slutty" mods are just similar showcase pieces. Someone wants to show that they can model a whole new body, or an armour with all the funky lights and shiny pieces in all the right places, or that they can convert something that was rigged for a different body. And I for one am impressed all right. It's certainly harder work than my swords, so all respect. I'm not actually using them, but I can respect the heck out of the skill that went into making them.

As long as the majority of gamers and modders are male, the majority of outfits and body mods will continue to cater to the wants and needs of the male mind.

What about Gaymers?

Oh me me I will be catering to gaymers and ladies :o

When I finish with my male mods *wink wink wink somthing in my eye wink* XD

But yes lets face it, men like to look at sexy sweaty bouncing breast and games like oblivion/fallout3,NV give them the ability to do so.... so they make it.

After years of modding and downloading I have learned to just ignore this the best I can, it makes me sad but nothing I can do about it but make my own mods.

It really is not something that will EVER change.

Well if I had any talent for modding I would make "The Bad Ass Dude Mod", but it looks like I'm gonna have do like they said back in the Army, "suck it up and drive on".

Yeah, I'd love to be on OP's side here, but that's just life in the game modding world. It's the same with pretty much any game. Tons of "nude females" or "tiny armor that has no real place in the game world, and breaks a lot of common knowledge about armor efficiency by somehow having more strength than powered armor". If it bothers you, skip over the mod and pick something else. I kinda like the cosplay mods and such. Some of them look downright awesome, and most have a male option as well, though naturally the female version is set to be more visually appealing. A lot of modders seem to be guys. Guys will generally make chicks look hot, and don't care to put emphasis on a man's buttocks or his pectorals. If this really bothers you that much, get to making a Hulk Hogan mesh, and whip up some textures for it. You can't force modders to make what appeals to you.

I hate the bikini "armors" too, it's a shame that many skilled modders decide to go that way, but it's not just the modders, in many games (and movies, comics, you name it!) the female armors look ridiculous. :(

My current female character:

http://s2.postimage.org/r004mizo/Armory_weapon_display.jpg

Veronica isn't in that pic but she's wearing T51b PA without helmet and nothing as ridiculous as this and I do have the Beware of Girl body replacer installed, but I guess I don't really need it... :)

I wish there was more armors like the Tribal PA from The Pitt, IMO it's one of the best armors ever, a "home made" T51b cobbled together from various parts would be awesome. I also prefer to use WME instead of mods that add tons of shiny new weapons.

Found a male body replacer too: Breezes New Vegas Males, but I'm probably not gonna use it, there's no need.

EDIT: Found another male body replacer Rivens Chunky Duncan Race_Fat Man, definitely gonna try this one, it looks a lot more like me than the Breeze's. ;D

You guys all have a good point - it isn't Bethesda as much as it is the various modders.

Granted, as a guy I find more enjoyment in looking at the female form, and als to each their own when it comes to using and/or making mods.

I just find it questionable how both FO3 and NV(and Oblivion to a much lesser extent, though it should be mentioned) have become playgrounds for half nude virtual barbies.

I do, however, have to give credit to many of the mod authors for their level of detail.

When you boil it down, all you have to do is turn from your modded version of Fallout NV and go outside, and depending on were you live you'll see the same things, if not less clothed...only the "virtual barbies" are real :P

At least we can be mature adults and discuss this, unlike on other message boards which shall remain un named.

When you boil it down, all you have to do is turn from your modded version of Fallout NV and go outside, and depending on were you live you'll see the same things, if not less clothed...only the "virtual barbies" are real :P

Man you aren't wrong about that. But Then it's more about undressing them rather than anything to do with dressing. :thumbsup:

man I need to STFU. :ohdear: