Why? I mean why? Really why?

ENBarcelo

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Rant. I couldn't agree with you more really.

I don't generally play male characters but I do want a decent looking male companion to travel the wastes with, and there really isn't much to offer in terms of outfitting him aside from combat Armor modwise, even that seems to make them look overly bulky.

I don't want my male NPCs to look overly feminine but I don't care for making them look overly macho either, though even that might be a nice option at this point if there were more of them.

If people are really doing retextures of outfits from other games than why not take some inspiration from male characters? If I could do it, I'd do it myself, hell if it's not too hard I might actually do it.

Cloud's Outfit from FF7 could easily just be made off of a modified reinforced Leather armor. Note, I don't even like Cloud but the outfit definitely would look pretty darn good in Fallout as it does kinda have a lore friendly vibe.

Dante's Coat?

Jill's BSAA outfit, why not Chris' or Wesker's Jacket? Even Leon's outfit with the nice jacket from Resident Evil 4 would be nice.

Even for those who enjoy seeing skimpy dressed females, some of you play males don't you at least want to look like you might actually be attractive to those females you're fantasizing about? >.>;

I have seen some Male mods that have good concepts but seem to make them look too hulking for my liking. Nothing wrong with muscular but I don't think every man should be so, why not an average build? I avoid the overly curvy and big breasted female outfits, hell I play a child for God's sake, I do like variety :/ and there's just not enough for the male player/NPC

What about Gaymers?

I don't even understand what you're asking here.

Gay Gamers.

PS - know what sucks worse than playing a male character in this game?

Playing a black male character in this game.. Overexaggerated Fro and braids with clipping issues seem to be the best hair options. Yet there's a million mods to make your character look like a weaboo or belong in an anime. >.>;

Black men straightening their hair is kinda dead.. But I suppose in the world of fallout where that was still done it might work. Looks off IMO though.

WTB Nivea male mods. Must bribe.

Edited by TziporaHalevi

I dunno, there are a few outfits that don't look all that bulky to me. Granted, some of them are not exactly canon either, but you can still combine bits and pieces of some. Like try putting a Starfleet Body Armor on top of some clothes. It actually sounds worse than it really its. It's just a kevlar vest you can put on top of something else, and that something doesn't have to be a Star Trek uniform.

And if you're at the level of coats, I'm pretty sure I've seen a few retextures of suits around. Some of them even my own :P

PS - know what sucks worse than playing a male character in this game?

Playing a black male character in this game.. Overexaggerated Fro and braids with clipping issues seem to be the best hair options. Yet there's a million mods to make your character look like a weaboo or belong in an anime. >.>;

Black men straightening their hair is kinda dead.. But I suppose in the world of fallout where that was still done it might work. Looks off IMO though.

WTB Nivea male mods. Must bribe.

I want more mods that make my character look look like he just walked out of a 70's Blaxplotation film. I want old time pimp coats! I demand it!

Lol... just a smaller version of the over exaggerated fro I've seen would be nice, of some better braids. The other ones I think are a port of the dragon age hairstyle and just look kinda off on the fallout character's head. The default buzzcut short hairstyle works for now but seems to be the only option, less you wanna look like Mr. T

I dunno, there are a few outfits that don't look all that bulky to me. Granted, some of them are not exactly canon either, but you can still combine bits and pieces of some. Like try putting a Starfleet Body Armor on top of some clothes. It actually sounds worse than it really its. It's just a kevlar vest you can put on top of something else, and that something doesn't have to be a Star Trek uniform.

And if you're at the level of coats, I'm pretty sure I've seen a few retextures of suits around. Some of them even my own :P

Starfleet actually has body armour!? I've only seen the ol'mauve shirts walk briskly into combat with naught but a tiny laser pointer and a pointy badge.....you mean Enterprise series uniform don't you?

Basically: females are aesthetically correct, males are just ugly like hell.

Don't tell me: now Michelangelo would disagree...

He's gay, therefor he is not a man, but a woman (no disrespect to gay people!!! I mean this in the GOOD way. Many of my friends are gay, and even girls think of them as female... And so do I. Naturally, they ALL disagree on my point of view regarding Aesthetics... *grins*).

Basically: females are aesthetically correct, males are just ugly like hell.

Don't tell me: now Michelangelo would disagree...

He's gay, therefor he is not a man, but a woman (no disrespect to gay people!!! I mean this in the GOOD way. Many of my friends are gay, and even girls think of them as female... And so do I. Naturally, they ALL disagree on my point of view regarding Aesthetics... *grins*).

Thats a ..... interesting theory you got there.

Personally I think men/boys get so scared by people/media/parents/ect that to actually think the male body looks like "art" that means they are gay and thus bad and going to hell...or whatever it is people seem to take issue with.

It is OK to say hey that naked man in that amazing wonderful panting is art. It will not make you gay. :P

Rofl guys are so weird... hot... but weird. ;)

Yeah, it really does suck how much attention and time gets put into the "sexy" mods and not any awesome looking stuff instead, especially awesome looking guy stuff.

I'd be glad to do my part and hook up some armor and such to alleviate the problem but I can't get the rigging on the skeletons in F3/NV down for the life of me. I'm stuck to doing weapons only until I figure it out, but once I do I've got some armor planned to go with said weapon I've created.