Why? I mean why? Really why?

ENBarcelo

All the psychology stuff is erking me. Y'know since I started playing New Vegas my favorite color seems to have switch from blue to brown, I think I felt the same way about green when I played fallout 3. :unsure:

Anyway, I'm on the side of people who don't really like all sexed up armor mods. Of course I'm also altogether bothered by the presence of all jugs and shlongs flying around the place. I expect them to be there no matter where I go, but honestly when they are protruding so greatly that they poke almost anyone in the face, it can be quite agitating. Indeed when one sees many great armor and quest modifications having been kicked to a side in favor of the second most popular mod of all time being a female structure replacement of great depravity, one must occasionally wonder; "Just what the hell kinda crew am I rollin' with?"

Pfffff, I can live with it though. But if I had the skills (clearly I could get them but I'm lazy) I would probably convert many of the type 3 armors into vanilla female bodies or even male versions. Which brings me back to how much I wish that all the custom body types, along with the vanilla bodies, could exist within the same game-space.

Nobody's forcing you to run with any particular crew, though. I know I don't have any body replacer in either FO3 or New Vegas at the moment, and the only races installed are the She and Shojo, mostly because, well, I still like to get a pretty face. So, you know, I'm living proof that it's possible to not see tits and schlongs all over the place. Not that either particularly bother me either, mind you, but it just didn't seem worth the bother either, and they seem to make the neck seams worse.

It's also not like there's ever been a shortage of clothing and armour that's not a BDSM harness, though I guess being able to do my recolours also alleviated that problem a little. But, anyway, I'm living proof that you don't really need to download any of those "slutty" outfits either. The "kinkiest" outfit I even have around is the old black Ghost outfit, and even that I only use for screenshots for my mods for the last year or so. (Hey, sex sells.)

Again, not that I have anything against those "sexy" clothes per se, but I like my character to look less like a tramp and more like a nerdy brain-surgeon. You know, giving free lobotomies in .357 magnum, courtesy of messrs Smith and Wessons, purveyors of fine brain-surgery implements since 1852 ;) Matter of character concept, is all.

You can get a recoloured power armour, or power armour, or some of the custom metal armours around, or some of the wild west outfits, or just get some normal clothes and slap some Tailor Maid accessories over them for a survivalist look. And things get even easier if you're not all that fussed about the theme, because then you also have a choice of ST uniforms, SW stormtrooper armours and Maker knows what else.

Not to mention that the game was designed to be playable with no mods at all, too. It's not like anyone is locked from venting the Legate's brains unless they download an armour mod. If none of this free stuff is to your liking, well, you don't have to roll with any of it.

But, heck, if you're that bothered by tits and ass, you can even go the other way around: use the Children Of The Wastes outfits, which actually work on adults too (but not the hats and glasses) and make a woman as flat as an ironing board. Literally. It's like tits-be-gone clothing. And that's a LOT of outfits in that collection alone, some of which even look like they have an excuse to be given some DT value. You could play through half a dozen games with those outfits alone.

So I really don't get this recurring complaint about rolling with the wrong crew. Nobody has to roll with anything they don't want. All of it is completely optional, and there is no shortage of options anyway.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. Llama,

How can I say this, without being edited, warned, or banned.....lol x 2.

The BNB bouncing jiggly action comes from "boob bones" in the skeletal frame, right? So in order to get junk sway for a male body, one would need to add a "bone" to that particular area of interest. Although, I personally never ever want to view such a thing wiggling towards me in a game (or anywhere else), you fully have the right to ogle some opposite anatomy.

AND: because of your fine female companion mod work for the community (mostly for guys, judging from the bff Willow nekkid dance) we should all demand that some quality body modder step forward to provide you with the fullest of full monties that you deserve.

[There. I swear I didn't swear up there.]

lol! It does seem only fair that all genders should be treated the same, doesn't it?

I'm really behaving myself and not going anywhere with the "bone" thing.... :facepalm: so many lost jokes...

The BNB bouncing jiggly action comes from "boob bones" in the skeletal frame, right? So in order to get junk sway for a male body, one would need to add a "bone" to that particular area of interest.

Maybe. Is the mod packaged with a skeleton.nif and several animations, such as fastforward.kf etc?

if it doesn't, they probably weighed each boob to the foot bone by a very minuscule amount. when the

Jiggly Bones is a Source invention, properly done like they did them, they are actually like scripted bones...

Though to do it in Ob/F3 properly you would as you say add new bones to the skeleton, I would like to try adding a spring or something and run reactor sim on it after importing each animation, in hopes the boobs actually bounce realistically. Could be fun. :biggrin:

I think during the Skyrim mod cycle I am going to focus on HB and it's animation engine.

Edited by Ghogiel

I agree that there should be more male-oriented items, both sexual and non-sexual. I tend to play female characters because I'd rather look at a woman's frame for 60+ hours than a man's. However, in the event that I do play a male character in the FO universe, I'd like to have the option of well-rendered boot-cut jeans, leather belt without a gimmicky buckle, button-down longsleeve shirt, and work/hiking boots. In Oblivion, it seemed like there were more options available for male characters, seeing as how a suit of armor is simply awesome. In the FO universe, a more "modern" setting, men don't wear chain shirts and jointed gauntlets, nor do we carry 20-lb metal melee weaponry. We do, however, wear Kevlar/ceramic body armor, various forms of camouflage (one instance can be seen in the Airman Battle Uniform mod for NV, inasmuch as I believe the ABU to be inadequate and ill-designed for anything besides office work at 72*F). I think having more options with regards to fatigues/combat-oriented apparel would be good for both sexes in the FO universe. However, humans are wired to prefer the female form aesthetically. So, we end up making more female-oriented mods, female-oriented clothing and accessories, etc. All you have to do is look at a Wal*Mart, Sears, Bealls, or JC Penny store. Female-oriented clothing/accessories dominate apparel sections. The ads for most stores that offer clothing have female announcers. Fortunately for us men, we do have a lot of options otherwise besides clothing. We have many automotive/motorsports outlets. We have vast tool sections in stores. You don't often see a placard of a woman relaxing on her lawn tractor after mowing the lawn, nor with a post-hole digger building a fenceline. Home theater sections are built to appeal more toward men than women. You see ads with football games and motorsports running on demo displays (though nature presentations are more gender-neutral). Nevertheless, the primary interest with apparel is making women attractive, so more time, effort, and money is spent there.

Short version: Deal with it or make your own. Sorry if it's blunt, but that's how the world works.

P.S.: Are there tools available to start preliminary work on Skyrim mods or is information available about what file formats will be used for them?

Edited by chargerguy1973

lol! It does seem only fair that all genders should be treated the same, doesn't it?

I'm really behaving myself and not going anywhere with the "bone" thing.... :facepalm: so many lost jokes...

*Giggle snort*

I would totally go for more male bones...... *snickers*

I think I am to old to be snickering over jokes like that... yet here I am XD

...However, humans are wired to prefer the female form aesthetically. ... Fortunately for us men, we do have a lot of options otherwise besides clothing. We have many automotive/motorsports outlets. We have vast tool sections in stores.

...Wow.

Humans are wired to prefer females? I guess that's why all women are lesbians and there's no such thing as a gay man.

And what the hell does that have to do with this thing like we're on Tool Time? Take a break from whatever you're smoking, man.

*snip*

That was mostly a joke back there.

And by "crew" I was referring to the Nexus community as a whole.

Still, what I mean is that from an outsider or newcomer perspective, we all look like a bunch of pervs. That's speaking from the perspective I had when I joined TESNexus way back when I first got Oblivion.

Me, I'm not a perv, all I wanna do is be able to get rid of "those meddling kids!" Funnily enough, there are no mods on here for that at the moment. :rolleyes:

"Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, is having fun." :P

Some people obviously download those. In fact, I get a feeling that for every person that downloads or endorses my suits collection, some 2-3 do that for some mod that removes the sieve bras on raider women. Let them have their fun too :P

I for one can agree with ENBarcelo, I wish there were better armor mods for males, but understand that most of us are males, and such would rather watch a females ass for the sixteen hours that we play than our own, but to those of us who roleplay as themselves (myself included) I find most of them distasteful and needless, I mean, ten to one, a 12 year old is playing with some of those ADULT only mods installed.

And that is not a nock against management, it's simply a a sad truth, I did play with a type 3 body replacer, but did'nt like it. And its simply a byproduct of who we are, I mean some people like anime in there games, some babes, some BAMF-killing everything in sight, I myself like the third choice, but I'll take the good with the bad, cause insperation, comes outa the wierdest places sometimes!

There are almost no lore friendly mods anymore.. Every mod nowadays seems to be COMPLETELY OFF from what Fallout even is about. In a couple of years thats all you're gonna have and no lore at all.