Evolving character

billyro

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like evolving characters in Skyrim?

(Fable)

Would you like to see your character grow into a giant as your strength increases? Want to see your character get fat when he consumes too much food? Want to see your character get bruises, cuts, and scars when they get hurt?

Well I don't. My reasoning is mainly for the look. I can imagine how annoyed people are going to get if they spend hours on making a person, and then the character's face will become something completely different after playing for a week. I don't like the idea.

Well, what are your opinions?

I vote undecided but I just have to mention that your siggy is awesome! :P

:)

Something just popped into my head as I read some of the previous posts.

Temporary effects; use a potion that increases strength and you look stronger for the period of the potion, but then revert to normal afterwards.

I think scaring is great, I mean, it gives more realism into the game, if everyone is so concerned about how they look then they should start thinking about how to kill without getting bruised.

It would be great to see specific scars like, if you got hit with: a sword the cut would be clean and the healing process would turn out better afterwards; with an axe the cut would turn out to be gruesome, the healing process slow and the scars would be bigger; with a mace, depending on the blow it could break bones and crash skulls (not recommended if you've spent previous elder scrolls series playing with the gameplay difficulty bar halfway downwards lol); with a fire spell you would get burns, and so on and so forth.

For me this would be the cherry on top of the cake, because it would make Skyrim much more realistic, even though I doubt that Bethesda is going to do that.

Even so, this game is going to be Legendary.

I would like to see scars and (realistic) weight gain. Not like fable where a slab of meat turns you into a blimp. Like, if you eat a lot, but instead of using a sword, you use magic, and you fast travel a lot, you'll get fat.

With scars though, a sort of elaborate quest to make a potion to get rid of them would be great. It shouldn't be too easy to do (so that if you have a character that doesn't really care, they'll just continue to wear the scars) but it should be doable. (The grand soul gems for vampirism were just a nightmare. The fact they had to be empty drove me insane. I wished I just needed a special artifact from a difficult dungeon... I don't much like scavenger hunts)

I disagree with the OP, I feel that your logic is flawed, and here is why:

Building and customizing a character does not begin and end on the customization screen. What if a guy I created in my minds eye IS a huge guy with a giant axe? What if the average build my nimble and limber thief was given isn't skinny enough? What if I want to play as a fat wealthy merchant? Then I will play the game accordingly in order to create the character that I envisioned. If your guy is getting too bulky, stop eating so much! Drink diet potions instead. Using this mechanic inside of Radiant Story would be perfect for providing variation between NPCs. If your character gets an unsightly booboo, apply an ointment, or reload your game and try not to get owned again. :thumbsup:

I say yes times a thousand!

Yes, but I'd like to stick to my character that I make. I don't really want a medium builded guy turn into a walking tree just because I like fighting enemies with swords.

Yeah, I get that. Maybe I'm just a visionary that should be working for Bethsoft, but I'm betting that if Bethesda wanted to implement this, they would do it right by giving users options to directly control how their character looks. I've already mentioned ideas that I came up with on the spot that would be more than effective enough to allow people to build the characters they want. Maybe it's the terrible implementation of this in Fable that makes others so gun-shy.

I think it's more immersion-breaking to watch your character eat a thousang pounds of beef and drink gallons of mead and not look any different for it. Does anybody else remember how awesome GTA San Andreas was? If you didn't pay attention to your character, he'd come out average. If you wanted to make him bulky you could, and if you wanted him skinny you could with ease.