Nexonian US Military  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which branch are you in?

• Marine Corps
    • Army
    • Navy
    • Air Force
    • Coast Guard
    • In the Military, but not the US Military (other countries)
    • Signed up, but havent gone through boot camp/ basic training/officer candidate school yet.
    • Retired Military

I found a thread dealing with the Army, but didn't see one involving the other (US) branches. I know the Nexus has many members NOT in the US, that might also be in the military. Hence the 6th option there. I'm not asking anyone to reveal information about themselves (a lot can be seen in the profile's anyway).

Just wanted to see, out of the people that use these forums, which branches are seen the most here. Active, or reservist. To make it fair, since I'm the one posting the poll, I'll state what I am: Active Marine.

I am slightly ignorant to other country's military branches. Please forgive me for that. I wouldn't mind learning, though. So, take that for what you will.

Please, do NOT degrade any of the branches here (that includes flaming/trolling/flamebaiting/trollbaiting). I know there are many jokes for each branch, and I know there are many out there that believe their branch better represents itself, or outdoes the other branches. I get that, and can respect it when done in the proper setting/atmosphere. This is NOT that setting or atmosphere. Please remember the Nexus ToS.

EDIT: I suppose I also have to add that if you do not support the military, that's fine. It's a right you have. This thread does not need to hear it. Please take it to the debate threads.

Edited by amullinix

ex-Navy. I didn't make it past boot camp :( Messed up my foot pretty bad...

These things happen. I'm sorry it was to you. How did you mess up your foot? I had a good buddy of mine that had to go through nine months of boot camp (MC) because he had technically broken both legs.

Air Force here, back in the early eighties. Medically retired now. (not from the military though...... didn't go career.)

I won't be career either. Two more years, totaling nine years, and I'll be out to finish college and push for the job I've always wanted: writing.

Currently a Navy corpsman for the Marines. Oorah!

You guys go through much more than most Marines give you credit for. Oorah indeed!

Army - Retired since 31 March 1987.

You know what, I'm honestly not surprised by this :D

Edited by amullinix

Just like to drop in and say thanks to all those who've served, or are currently. Wish I could say I've done the same, but unfortunately I'm medically ineligible to serve in any capacity, due to some severe damage to my lungs from a nasty case of pneumonia when I was young.

But again, thank you, all.

Connecting with what RZ1029 said; thank you to all those who serve or have served in the military. Many people do not respect what members of the armed forces do.

My grandfather was in the Air-force back from 1942-1946. He had a near death experience with an aircraft carrier (the grapple that is supposed to grab the plane as it lands snapped, and he went sliding right off the edge into the water).

My father was also slated for the draft back in Vietnam. Luckily, the draft was cancelled just before he was "officially" drafted. He went through all of the medical exams and filled out all of the forms, but he never actually made it to basic - the draft was cancelled just before that.

I just realized tat I have several family members that are and/or were in the military. My cousin is a Captain in the Navy, my other cousin (his daughter) is an Ensign in the Navy, my uncle was in the army back in WW2, my grandfather was in the air-force...

I have thought about enlisting, but perhaps I will do that after I get my degree in engineering.

Edited by IndorilTheGreat