ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

Fallout: Through Dust and Bone

MajikMoshos

Attention:

Please register here before joining in on the RP. Rules are outlines in the announcement thread. Any queries regarding the ruleset go there as does character profiling.

This is being started a little early to help drum up awareness, and it's never too late to join in. Have fun!

FALLOUT

Through Dust and Bone

"Those who seek Glory through Fear are destined to crumble in the winds of time"

- Canton Smith, co-founder of Greater Anchorage

The towering Sordo marches through the snow, his regiment of mutants behind him. Adorned in golden combat plating, they glisten against the wintery expanses.

Smoke rises in the distance, atop a high hill.

Sordo adjusts his goggle, a grimace across his face.

Sordo

He knows how to show up...

Nightkin Kard seems perplexed, eyeing his commander with a curious tilt

Kard

You don't think it's a little...grrrr...OBVIOUS dah-darling?

Sordo

If there's one thing I know about this dum-dum, it's that he loves to turn his fire slaughter into a blood party.

Kard

Ha! Cleeaarrgghly not a trap!

Sordo socks Kard in the jaw -

Sordo

Stupid Kard! So stupid! What would dum-dums know about setting traps?

Not too far away, at the source of the smoke: at a burning cabin. A wrecked corvega lies nearby.

Mutant Brier sits in the foilage - covered in snow. His cracked dark brown skin could pass for a rock surface.

Brier

Come Sordo...

The Armoured mutants reach the hill, inspecting the fire. Sordo grits his teeth in rage.

Sordo

Dum Dum! Where are you?!

The other mutants seem fearful of the blaze...

Kard

Garrhhh...He's mu-muh-miles away by now Sordo -

Sordo

Shut Up! Shut up!

Brier shuts his eyes.

Brier

Five...

Sordo

Brier! I'll find you and your forsaken ilk! You hear me!?

A small tear winkles down Brier's cheek...

Brier

Four...

In the distance, a scared human boy stops running up the mountain side - turning his attention on the blaze in the distance.

Aaron

We've...we've got to do something Petra -

His older sister grabs him by the arm

Petra

Don't stop now Aaron...daddy knows what he's doing...

Aaron

But...

Petra

Look -

She points to an old road tunnel ahead, full of wrecked cars.

Petra

The tunnel goes through the mountains...it can take us to the town!

Aaron

But...daddy...

Petra

He's gonna be okay...he'll...he'll meet us there...

She looks back up to the hill, a tear streaming down her eye.

A mile away, Hoage kneels by the large footprints leading to the flaming hills.

Hoage

Mutants...heavy armour...

He looks to the blaze, seeing the large figures.

Kard looks around the hill. A mutant Brute nearby walks towards the mountains in the distance.

Mutant Brute

I think I see someth-

A click. Kard's eyes widen.

Kard

Frrrrag Mine...

Sordo turns his attention to Kard.

Sordo

Clever Dum-Dum...

The Brute slowly looks down, breathing heavily.

Mutant Brute

Oh...

Boom! The brute's thrown back in pieces. Another mutant takes a step back - Brier's fist coming out of the snow and grabbing onto it's leg.

Mutant #2

Gaah!

Brier rises out, shoving a ripper right into the mutant's spine.

Sordo grinds his teeth -

Sordo

You decided to show yourself!

Sordo swings his super sledge - Brier throwing the dead mutant in his path, the sledge ripping through #2's face. Brier lunges at Sordo, who tries to dodge - the Ripper digging into his shoulder blade.

Hoage now sprints to the Hill, the battle clearer for a moment as a blizzard starts billowing.

Sordo pushes Brier down. A mutant goon readying a gauss rifle - Brier yanks it from his hands, turning the rifle around and blowing a hole clean through the goon's torso.

Kard nervously looks around - spotting Sordo's Super Sledge lying in the snow, covered in blood. He picks it up, types into the stealth boy on his arm.

Kard

Grraaaahhh.....

Dark (extremly cold voice)

This is my release.

Brier and Sordo now exchanging hand-to-hand blows.

Sordo

Dum Dum Brier - you could've been a great Fist to lord Saturn -

Brier

Saturn noble goals are marred by his own inability!

Brier knocks Sordo down onto the snow, driving his foot down onto Sordo's face

Brier

And his trust in the likes of you.

Something strikes him in the leg - Bone shoots out! Brier falls to a kneel as a cloaked foe brings himself before him.

Dark

Pitiful...

Dark decloaks before him, raising the Super Sledge high into the sky.

Sordo

Wait!

Dark slowly turns around - Sordo getting up, bloodied face.

Sordo

Let's give him an indignifyied death.

Dark smirks...

A huge explosion rips through the wind - Mushroom cloud rising into the night sky.

The children stare at the firey sight in fear and awe.

Aaron rushes down the mountainside, Petra chasing after him -

Petra

Aaron!

She quickly grabs him, carrying him back up the mountain path against all the kicking and screaming - heading for the Road tunnel.

Hoage runs up the hill, avoiding falling, burning logs that crash down into the hillside.

Climing to the top, he spots a small crater. He looks down, a piece of burning metal at his feet.

A splutter catches his attention.

Brier

S...Sah...someone...there...?

Hoage readies his 9mm, walking towards a figure lying on its back - Brier, missing most of his face and his entire lower torso.

Brier

You...smell human...

Hoage

Who did this to you?

Brier (spluttering, coughing)

Golden Fist...old unit...when we...served the...meh...master.

Hoage kneels down.

Hoage

Golden Fist?

Brier

You're a stranger...Why come out here?

Hoage

I'm looking for a friend...someone who owes me a favour...who are the Golden Fist?

Brier

The golden fist...Super Mutants...they serve the masked king...who rules the Coldlands. Once loved by...all...now he's soon to be...dep...deposed, or worse. I had to run...leave before the coming storm could tear...us apart. Secure their future...

Hoage

Us...why did you stay and fight?

Brier

Had to...hold them off...My children...Petra...Aaron...they're in the moun...

Brier's breath cuts short...a painful gasp of air dies down

Hoage stands to his feet. He looks up to the mountain side - spotting two large, dark figures ahead. Further ahead, he can't make out much more.

Hoage

Two kids lost on a mountain...no chance for them...

He looks around - blizzard dieing down. He has no idea where he is.

Hoage

Well...there's only one way to go....

He starts his journey for the Mountain range ahead.

Edited by MajikMoshos

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fenix left the town of Healy just two days ago. He is trying to track down a man called "Izek".

/a local tough-guy who forgot -or refused to pay up his debt to a "Mr. Freija"; the gent' therefore decided to finally ask Talon Company to find and "encourage him"/

Fenix:

Okay, so this guy has been last seen in South Alaska, or at least that's what that saloon owner in Healy said.

*He shakes his head.

Man, sometimes I start to doubt if its worth going after this guy. I've been chasing him for nearly a week now, but I still didn't get close enough to fnish my job...

... and there is this damn cold too...

...maybe I should go home, and say: "sorry boss, mission failed".

*a moment of silence...

Ah, no way, he'd just rip my head off.

Oh, and by the way, I'm talking to myself. I'm totally becoming insane...

He spots a car tunnel a not so far from him, so he decides to move up, and take shelter in there for the night.

When he's in, he drains some petrol from a car, takes out some wood he found, a box of matches he bought in Healy for 7 caps, and makes a fire in an empty space in the tunnel.

Fenix:

Not enough wood to last a whole night, but at least it'll keep me warm for an hour or two.

As he lies down to the ground, he hears a huge explosion. It came from far away, but it was still strong enough to shake the ground a bit.

A few minutes later he hears two voices coming from the other end of the tunnel.

Fenix:

They sound like children... what are they doing out in the cold alone?!...

...And did they have to to anything with that Mini-nuke that gone off a few minutes ago?

Edited by Fenix HuN

The blizzard masks all but a tiny, soft orange glow

Hoage trudges through the snow, cigar in mouth. .32 and 9mm in hand, ready for anything to come out at him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Further down, the Mutants Kard and Sordo can barley make out the rockface ahead. So many decades of snowstorms and rockslides have hidden what remained of the road.

Sordo

There's a tunnel up ahead. Little squirms probably hiding in there!

Kard reels, shivering.

Kard

Sordo...I ask you again....did...gaah....did he come out back there?

Sordo snorts out loud

Sordo

I don't have time for your crazy head sickness, nightkin.

Kard

Gaarrhhhhh....Damn you Sordo. You think King Saturn's gonna cut you a check forrrr this?

Sordo

Of course. I just killed a turncoat.

Kard

Turncoat? Brier was one of the brrrr....best Golden Fist we had....The Best!

Kard wipes his nose, the blood nearly frozen.

Kard

Now....arrgh....tell....me.....did that....monster come out on the hill?

Sordo sneers.

Sordo

It was someone else this time.

Kard's eyes widen in horror. A notable sense of despair emanates from within.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Petra carrys Aaron through the dark, damp tunnel.

Aaron sleeps in her arms.

She can barley make out figures ahead...car husks, collapsed sections. She sees a faint light ahead...fire?

Petra

Hold yourself Petra...

Aaron sniffles in his sleep.

Petra lets out a huff of breath, and carries forward...stopping in fear when she hears murmering coming from the fire.

Without haste she ducks behind a broken semi. Aaron wakes up.

Aaron

Where....where are we Petra?

Petra (harsh whispering)

Quiet!

Aaron (screaming, crying)

W....where's DADDY??!

She tries to hush him through his tears, he doesn't stop

Petra (barely quiet)

Aaron stop! They're are gonna hear us!

Aaron beats at her, freeing himself from her grip and running for the tunnel exit -

Petra

Aaron!

Hoage grips the pistols tightly. He takes slow, controlled breath. Whatever's in front of him...snarls.

The huge Polar Yao Guai bares its huge teeth.

Slowly, he slips the .32 into his winter coat - pulling out the combat knife from its sheath. He twirls the pistol around his hand, the ivory grip glinting in the Bear's eyes.

Hoage

I've had bigger.

It roars in his face - He smacks it right in the eye with the 9 -

Dazed for a split moment, the bear tries to get its surroundings...

Hoage suddenly jumps onto it's back, digging the blade into the Polar Yao Guai's neck!

It howls in pain, trying to throw him off. Hoage responds by clubbing it in the head, over and over and over -

The combat knife sawing through the bear's thick neck, the skin proving tough. Blood spurts out onto the snow.

Gritting his teeth, Hoage smashes the pistol butt into the damaged eye - a sick crunch follows the gorey sight, the bear's eye hanging out by a thread.

The Yao guai's weakening. Blood loss proving too much for it. Hoage not giving up - the knife tearing further and further into the neck.

With a final yelp, and a twist of the blade, the bear falls to the snow in silence.

Hoage gets off its back. He walks around to face it...the Yao Guai's breathing now heavy...slower....slower....

Hoage

I'm sorry...

The bear whimpers, softly.

Hoage did what he had to do, despite letting the creature die a slow and painful death...better to kill it this way then risk alerting the mutants to his presence.

Hoage looks back to the mountains. The blizzard's calming down....not what he wants. It's time to move...

Greater Anchorage: A Breif History

A pre-war base deep in the mountains to the west of Port Valdez, Southern Alaska, converted into a post-apocalyptic metropolis.

In 2213, Base A-9 was discovered by the Enclave North branch mostly intact - the bomb that would've otherwise destroyed it having missed the mark by a margin and winding up in the icy waters below, where it caused a large scale earth-quake that ravaged much of the area with landsides and avalanches. Digging the base out, the Northern Enclave unde the command of Canton Smith soon settled and recieved orders to exterminate the tribals that inhabitated whatever wasn't deep in snow. Of course, communication with the main Enclave force wasn't feasible, to the point that the Northern Enclave lost contact soon after recieving the order.

Commander Canton Smith, having a sense of compassion for the people, hesitated and delayed the order. Eventually, it slipped out - full support coming from the other members of high command - Smith's superiors. Around this time, Enclave Officer William Horrigan formed a plan to mutiny against the inorganised enclave and take the Base - a number of enclave personal at the time has been mingling with the locals, to the point that the odd intimate relationship hung about. Smith himself was in an illegitemate relationship with Akela, a tribal woman, the daughter of the Kadin tribe's 'Shaman'.

Using this to his advantage, Horrigan overthrew the command who had taken residence in the Command Bunker, ceasing all contact with the Main Enclave force - who were in no position as of yet to waste resources on an expedition. Come 2220, the new President Richardson decided that the Northen Enclave was defunct. Horrigan and Smith named the town Greater Anchorage, after the city and main base that was nuked into oblivion by the Chinese. Though he would never see his wife and son again, he...got over them pretty quickly. Smith dissappeared - supposedly deserting, leaving Akela to find solace in Horrigan - who eventually took her as one of his wives. By this point in time, much of the base had been uncovered and the locals took to using the Northen Enclaves construction supplies together with whatever they could scavenge from the ruins of Valdez to create living spaces. Robotic defences were restored to patrol the outskirts and assist the guard (most of the Northen Enclave personal, mainly the officers, were slaughtered during the Mutiny), and power came online to provide lights and clean water. Wearing a suit of enclave-made T-72 Power armour at all times, the locals would call him The Masked King, Protector of the Coldlands.

In 2225, a roaming group of 50 mutants had traveled through the wastelands, spending years fighting through the toughest creatures and wickidest souls to reach what their leader, Great Nightkin Arron, had prophesised to be their Promised Land in the North, watched over by the great god Saturn. Stumbling upon Greater Anchorage, they declared it home. Upon seeing Horrigan clad in armour, Great Nightkin Arron declared him to be the fabled Saturn. The mutants took to him immediatly, becoming the Golden Fist - the elite warriors of Greater anchorage. By 2280, the Masked King had controlled much of the Coldlands using his Golden Fist. Most of the tribals and enclave personal who found Base A-90 were gone, mixing into one group. Countless villages and settlements were now serving the Masked King, who had outlived all his equals. However he stays alive is a mystery; but it's enough to make the tribals and mutants worship him as a god. Soon, more mutants would come, hearing about the promised land and the all mighty Masked King Saturn.

Edited by MajikMoshos

Fenix, still looking to the other side of the tunnel - tying to determine what has just happened - Hears some murmuring, then suddenly running footsteps, and a girlie shout coming from the other end.

Petra

"Aaron!"

He quickly gets up, slings his gun over his back, holsters his pistol and gets moving towards the end of the tunnel.

Fenix (in a moderately loud, sly voice)

Who's there? Come on, I'm not gonna' hurt you!

... no response...

As he gets closer to the tunnel exit he spots a boy rushing out from the tunnel, and a girl behind her, who is slowly catching up with him.

Fenix *thinks

Should I go after them? They're just kids. They'd surely die here, alone in the wastes, if not from the critters, then from the cold and starvation...

But how the hell I'm gonna finish my job if I have 2 kids staying in my ass all day?

Maybe I'll take them with me till the next settlement and leave them...

...but what if they'll keep following me? - Ah crap, who cares, I'll decide it then!

He starts running after the kids, shouting:

Fenix

Hey! Both of you, stop! I'm not gonna hurt you!

Climbing up the mountainface, Sordo's eye's dart to the sound of the screaming children

Sordo

I can hear the squirms crying...

Putting more strength into each haul, he climbs faster up the mountainface.

Kard follows, hauling up each successive rock with increasing aggression.

The tunnel isn't to far away - a few more rocks up and a rocky pathway lead straight to it.

The sound of Aaron's scream echoes through the wind.

Hoage looks up the mountainface - the mutants are already too high up.

Hoage

s***...

He scans the area around him, his old eyes still keen as ever. A small pathway lies nearby, winding up and around to the rocky path and road tunnel.

Hoage

There's the long way...

He looks back high

Hoage

...And the hard way...

Suddenly, the sound of vertibird blades catch his attention -

Sordo and Kard turn their focus to the vertibird, far away and coming closer by the minute, it's spotlights shinging brightly against the dark early morning sky.

A smile creeps across Sordo's face.

Sordo

Ha, about time the puny grunts show up.

Kard keeps climing, Sordo still staring at the oncoming chopper.

Kard

brrrreeggghhh....Don't waste time darrrling!

Sordo

You keep yourself cloaked up there Kard - I'm not wasting ammo if any Scoundrels show up!

Kard hauls himself onto the path, hiding behind the rock as he starts typing into the stealth boy

Kard

Gotta...grrr.....do this....

Voices rush through the Nightkin's head.

Kard

Dowwww....down.....you beast....

He starts to shimmer

Kard

Feels...so good....steady...

Aaron's well out of the tunnel, his sister behind him coming out of the tunnel shadows.

Petra

Aaron! Sto-

Petra trips over a rock - a syringe with a super stim arm-wrap flying out of her hands and landing in the snow.

Aaron's running, tears streaming across his eyes

Suddenly banging into something and falling back -

Kard materialising before him.

Kard

You...carrying the name of our grrreat prophet...

Aaron's shuddering in fear...

Sordo climbs over, onto the path

Sordo

Kill the rotten squirm!

Kard slowly unsheathes the Super Sledge

Aaron's suddenly twitches, violently. His eyes roll back, each shudder stronger than the last

Kard stops, real concern coming across his face.

The boy's shuddering turning into full-on colvulsions

Petra looks up from the snow, tears streaming down her face

Sordo

What the faarrk are you waiting for Nightkin!?

The Vertibird, rusty silver in colour, suddenly rises from the mountainside.

Sordo turns around, getting a good look into the cockpit...the human pilot...scared?

The 1st gen mutant turns his attention back to his Nightkin companion -

Who kneels towards Aaron, watching him convult.

A sickening sneer creeping along his face

Dark

Suffering...so...beautifuly...

Sordo (subtle fear)

What the hell are you?

Dark looks back to Sordo

Dark

I'm more than you could understand, you bulky oaf.

The vertibird circles around the mountain...

Dark leans closer to Aaron

Dark

I wonder how...long...the tiny one will last like this...

Strange sound echoes' in Dark's ear...rushing footsteps and soft, calculated breaths

Dark

And it looks like we've got some guests...

Edited by MajikMoshos

Slowly making his way out of the tunnel, Fenix's initial enthusiasm quickly fades as he hears the sound of a chopper, but more shockingly, spots the kid surrounded by super mutants in the snow.

Fenix *thinks

What the hell is going on here... what did they do to that kid?

He is totally confused...

First, he looks up to the vertibird in the sky, then looks upon the kid with the seizure on the ground, and finally his attention stops at the 2 mutants.

He takes another glance at Aaron squirming in the snow, then back to Kard, the super mutant, with the sickening smile on his face.

Without even stopping to think, he raises his Submachine gun, aims at Kard...

...and pulls the trigger.

Edited by Fenix HuN

Dark feels the rounds pelt into his chest. He stumbles back through the snow, initially in shock.

Dark

Gah, Surplus rounds? I'm offended!

Sordo pulls out the Gauss rifle, scope peering right on Fenix

Sordo

Good Morning ya puny s***!

He fires a slug, barely missing as it smashes into a Truck deep in the tunnel, blowing it to hell and sending a fireball Fenix's way

Petra screams as she keeps her head down from the flames.

Sordo

Dammit, I think the sack of crap's still alive!

The vertibird lands.

Dark bleeds from the chest

Dark (panting)

Fu...About...Time...

Dark looks down on his bloody hands in horror - His expression and body language reverting -

Kard

Wh...who shot me!?

The Vertibird's ramp starts to open up...

Sordo

Pull you s*** together and get to the -

...Ramp falls, Hoage stepping out with a Ruger AC556K - Winterised Combat rifle - Blasting away immediatly at Sordo and tearing through the green mutant's knee

Sordo

f***!

He falls out of the way of the blasts. Hoage reloads the Ruger, coming closer to Sordo

Kard

No...nnnnooooooooo.....I FEEL IT RISING!!!!!!!!!!!

A surprised Hoage turns his attention to Kard,

Charging at him with a monstrous roar

The now savage nightkin pushing him right against a tall rock - causing it to crack.

Hoage

Down boy!

Kard brings his face to Hoage - the nightkin's foaming at the mouth, his eyes completley white and veins popping out, rushing red. No longer Kard, it is Id

Id (Inhuman screech)

DIIIEEEEEEEEEE

Petra lifts herself from the snow - the syringe lying just a few feet away, her brother near the vertibird.

Hoage struggles against the wild Id. The nightkin heaves him up over his head - and throws him over the edge

Id turns it's attention around -

Petra ducks behind an dead tree.

Id stalks closer to her tree -

Id

GRRRRRR!!!!! DEATHHHHHH!!!!!!

Sordo grabs the Gauss rifle, taking cover behind a rock as he peers towards whatever's left of the tunnel...knowing Fenix is still in there.

Sordo

I know you're still alive...I can smell ya boy!

Hoage holds tight to a branch jutting out of the rocks. Id standing directly above him, but unaware. Petra breathes heavily as the monstrous mutant draws closer.

The branch won't hold...

*Fenix: You are now in a Boss Battle - this is an experimental thing, so I wanna see how you handle it. Basically I'm gonna give you the chance to post a nice fight against Id and Sordo, however you can't kill em just yet. If I like how this turns out then I'll include something about 'Boss Fights' in the rules where I'll deliberatley throw players a situation where they must control one or more of my NPCs for the duration of a post or two, and have to provide something exciting in doing so.

Perhaps specifics would be outlined in a relevant RP post where I can outline whether you can't or must kill them, or if it can go either way. If the player's instructed to kill the boss with a certain post count it'd have to be in a really awesome manner. Other players can join in, but the player(s) tasked with fighting the boss MUST land the killing blow. If they they don't meet the post count, the boss will get away or something. If you're not permitted to kill 'em, I'd basically write their escape or something that would interrupt/end the fight.

In this case it'd be my character somehow getting back up.

So yeah, you can write their actions and yours and create a longer post than normal, take your time if you want. As the host I'll say just don't kill em yet. Remember you're fighting Id, Kard's primal, psychotic personality that isn't aware of your presence and Sordo, who's got a torn up Knee and is waiting for you. Anyway, let's see how this turns out. If you're uncomfortable with the idea just tell me and I'll return things to normal*

*starts off from where left off in history*

William finishes his muta-rabbit. He tries to stand up but shortly falls back down. He looks at his scratched pipboy 3000. He knows about the durability of a pipboy, all lasting the lifetime of the wearer. The design and protection designed on them was made of titanium. When the screen was rapidly blinking and many of the lights were burned out, Will realized that he must have been here for a long long time. Knowing that he wouldn't be able to walk for some time, Will opened the case connecting the monitor to the pip boy. He noticed a few of the contacts of the wires have been gone. He than realized that the pipboy had small amount of water in it. Both the fact that he turned into a ghoul and that his pipboy was leaked made him realize that he was here for at least 10 years. He conected the wires only to see written across the screen.

WILLIAM SCHWARZEN

VAULT 66

OVERSEER

DECEASED JUNE 5&%#@!

He now knew his origin however the memory on the pipboy which was damaged lost the year of when he was deceased. But now he knew his origin. And that once long long time ago he was an overseer at the Vault 66. He looked at his rifle which had the numbers 66 written on it. William tried to bring back about his knowledge of the Vaults. He knew about every one of them, their purpose and their success or failure, but he couldn't recall Vault 66 nor its purpose.

Edited by antonkr

After retreating back into the tunnel, Fenix found himself in an uneasy situation:

"Sordo

I know you're still alive...I can smell ya boy!"

Fenix

Dammit, is he the bastard with the gauss rifle? If I just go out and play Rambo, I'm gonna get blasted in half!

He peeks out from behind the car he used as cover, a few metres in front of the burning truck.

Fenix

So... there is the mutie, most likely behind the rock...

*his attention now turns to Petra hiding behind the dead tree, with Id getting dangerously close to her...

Fenix

Think, goddamit!

Sordo

Quit hidin' you puny scum, and fight!

Fenix

I gotta find a way to help that girl, without getting disintegrated...

*moments later...

Yeah, this just might work...

He finally decides to jump out and lob a frag grenade Sordo's way. Unfortunately for him, he didn't throw it close enough, so the mutant most likely won't get harmed...

... however the explosion and all the dust it kicked up was enough to distract him for a second.

Sordo

AARGH! What the...?! *waves his hands, trying to clear the dust, unsuccessfully.

Fenix takes this chance to aim and send a barrage of bullets Id's way. He hits the mutant's legs, who collapses in pain.

Id

RAAARGH! PAIIIIN! WHO SHOT ME!

Fenix *thinks

Damn, should have hit his head, that would probably finish the bastard...

Petra quickly gets up, and start running towards the syringe she dropped.

By this time, Sordo has recovered from the initial suprise, (sooner than Fenix expected) and aims his gauss rifle towards Fenix.

Sordo

Say goodbye, maggot!

The slug from his gauss rifle misses just a few centimeters, and punches through Fenix's SMG, rendering it totally useless. As the gun breaks to pieces, some shrapnels go Fenix's way, too, despite the force of the blast taking most of them forth with the slug. His right hand gets cut everywhere, and as you expect, the bleeding follows.

Sordo

Raarg! scr*w this useless piece of cr*p!

However, he has to reload the gauss rifle now...

Fenix takes this time to get out his knife with his left hand, and starts rushing towards Sordo, leaving a trail of blood dripping from his hand. As he got close, he stabs his knife in Sordo's belly, who then grabs him by the neck, and lifts him up.

Sordo

First mistake... *Hmmrrrh ... Last mistake... HAHAHA!

By this time, Id also got up somehow. He starts limping after Petra, who is searching for the syringe in the snow...

*MajikMoshos: Phew, man, this was like throwing a kid learning how to swim in the 2 metres deep swimming pool - therefore, I really enjoyed it. :D Let me hear what you think - just throw me a PM, or something.

Edited by Fenix HuN

Hoage grits his teeth - the branch is slowly giving way.

He hears an explosion - a sprinkling of dust, snow and rock coming down on him.

Hoage

Don't be the kids....dear christ don't blow up the kids...

He sees a rock nearby - jutting out jusssst enough

Reach his hand across - s***, he's gonna have to jump for it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Id

PAIN!!!! RARRGH! WHO SHOOTED ME!?!?

Petra sees Fenix, the stranger, coming out the tunnel, coming for the big purple bastard.

It's time to act fast - she runs for the syringe, jumping for it - not knowing how close she got to getting plastered by a Gauss slug.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoage darts his eyes about - Someone else is up there?

Hoage (under his breath)

Goddammit...keep busy....

He throws himself from the branch - barley grabbing onto the jutting rock, he grunts with stress and heaves himself up...

Petra takes no time to get to Aaron - wrapping the brace around his arm as his nose starts bleeding, planting syringe in and injecting -

Aaron calms down...his eyes returning to normal as the syringe runs dry...

Petra darts her attention between Fenix and Sordo, the stranger charging and stabbing his blade into Sordo's belly...and getting promptly lifted off his feet

Sordo

First Mistake...hrrmph....Last Mistake! HAHA! HAHAHAHA!

Petra

He's...crazy...brave...

She doesn't notice Id, limping behind her...until she hears the heavy breaths.

Hoage hauls himself over - seeing Id lift a fist over Petra - the girl frozen in fear

And promptly fall to his knees behind her...the beast is back in the cage.

Kard

Gaahhh...wh...whaa.....

Petra slowly opens her eyes and turns.

Kard

Tiny...munchkin...You are gonna be a good girrrrrl and come with Uncle Kard and -

Hoage smacks him in the face with the Super Sledge, knocking the mutant out.

Hoage

Down boy...

He uncomfortably drops the super sledge to the ground, rubbing his arm while mining an 'ow'. A little to heavy for him.

He then notices Aaron, sleeping in the snow.

Hoage

Get that kid in the chopper

Petra's still speechless.

Hoage

Now.

She runs to Aaron and picks him up, rushing into the Vertibird

Hoage looks to Sordo, keeping a foot down on Fenix.

Without any fear, the old vet strolls casually up to Sordo

Sordo

Stop right there you senile s***!

Hoage stops, grimacing. Sordo points down to Fenix, unaware of whatever the talon merc might pull next.

Sordo

Or I'll splatter his kidneys all over the snow!

Hoage looks down to Fenix -

Hoage

You again? Didn't I tell you to think before getting into such pressing matters?

*Fenix: Awesome, I'm happy how this has turned out. Will be updating the rules sooner or later.*

Edited by MajikMoshos