I'm new to using companions, I have a question

Trypal7

ok, I'm using "Neeshka" companion, Companion Neeshka

Whats happening is after a little while of game play, she'll just freeze up and not move...even when fast travel or going through a door, she'll still be frozen, and sometimes just falls over and stays laying down and won't get up. She'll try and heal herself and talk but does'nt move and I have to go to a previous gamesave where she is'nt frozen and try again. It keeps happening on a irregular basis.

Anyone know whats up with this?

Oh Ya, thank you Uknown, current load order >>

I stopped adding mods until I can get this fixed because I love my Neeshka babe and don't want to loose her...sniffle

Edited by Trypal7

You should post your load order. If I remember correctly, BOSS recommends that companion mods get loaded fairly late, and Neeshka may be included in that. If one or more of her processes gets messed up by another mod down the load order, it could cause her to freeze up or otherwise act buggy.

I've had Neeshka for a long time and never experienced anything like this. Plus I have like 10 different companions. I agree with UNKNOWNYMOUS, try moving her down further in your load order. I keep all companions near the end. Good luck, I hope you get her working.

Sorry I didn't see you post the load order when you did cuz you just edited, so it didn't bump the topic lol.

That Load Order looks okay, really. It's simple and there aren't a lot of script-heavy mods that could interfere. However, I have to wonder. Did you recruit Neeshka the normal way, or using Companion Share and Recruit? I haven't tried using both together (I had Neeshka a long time ago, and CM Partners, but I moved to CSR last year and never looked back). I dunno if it's even possible. But if you did recruit her through CSR, it could be causing her to try to do two different AI stuff at a time. One from CSR and one from her own built-in scripting.

I recruited her through the mod. I was using Tari-neeshka too, Tari uses the neeshka mod but changes the hair/face and hieght so she's a red-headed country girl :) So I had my main squeeze and cowgirl to choose, but only used 1 at a time. I just re-installed everything, I'll try her out alone for awile and see whats up. lol that all sounded like my younger years dating all the time. woof..I know, I'm an old dog

I recruited her through the mod. I was using Tari-neeshka too, Tari uses the neeshka mod but changes the hair/face and hieght so she's a red-headed country girl :) So I had my main squeeze and cowgirl to choose, but only used 1 at a time. I just re-installed everything, I'll try her out alone for awile and see whats up. lol that all sounded like my younger years dating all the time. woof..I know, I'm an old dog

You might want to check with the author or Tari-Neeshka to see if the same Neeshka scripts were used. If they were, it's quite possible the game is confused when one or both of the companions is required to act. The mod doesn't appear to be available on TES Nexus, but it's possible there's something about this on the site you picked it up, or in the readme.

Tari

There it is, thats the one. I'm only using one companion at a time now. I can't make happen what has happened, it's so random, I just have to save a little more just in case I suppose. I like my red-headed hick chick a little more anyway:)

Ah... I thought so. urrl makes some great face textures but is often quite buggy with his scripting powers. I had some of his CM Partners mods, and they were also acting weird(er) than the standard CM Partners. At the time, he had a bad habit of dirtying the script up one way or another, and sometimes including CM Partners instead of just making it dependent. He's probably improved since then, cuz there were quite a few bug reports on his stuff, but I'm not surprised that you're getting problems now with the Neeshka-based mods.

If you continue to have problems, you can make your own NPC with the same face (using the CS; just remove all her scripts to make her a normal NPC), then just recruit her again via CSR. That should get rid of any erratic AI that you have now.

Tari

There it is, thats the one. I'm only using one companion at a time now. I can't make happen what has happened, it's so random, I just have to save a little more just in case I suppose. I like my red-headed hick chick a little more anyway:)

The comments on installation are ambiguous:

You should already have Resdnt-Evle's Neeshka mod installed; make sure it works before proceeding...

I think what he's saying is that he's using sections of the Neeshka mod not only as a requirement for his own, but as part of his own. And that his Tari Teen ESP would replace Neeshka's--though I could be wrong. However, if I'm right, then that would explain your problems, because two mods are competing for use of the same scripts. Never a good idea.

Unknowymous is right: you can always make your own. They're easy enough to turn out. Or you might look at some of the non-CM ones around, such as Saerileth, Stoker Wolff, Viconia, Companion Vilja, and Companion Fergus. The last two in particular have a lot of dialog, the second and third elaborate quests, and Vilja is something else altogether.

Edited by Balakirev

Thank you, that's a good idea yall, I'll look into the CS and give it a try.

Those other companion look great, that Vilja I looked at that before so I should go ahead and try that out.

BTW, what does CM stand for on those "CM based companions?

Edited by Trypal7