Don't see a mouse ingame

Skoran

As the topic title says: I don't see my mouse ingame.

When I start the game and I am in the main menu I see no cursor, with a bit of searching I can finally load my game, I have a crosshair but when I open my journal I also don't have a mouse pointer.

I installed some mods but last time I played everything was fine, I haven't installed any new mods or changed anything....

I know this seems to be old hat, but I have noticed that especially with large drives, people just don't bother to defrag their disks. I realise you may say "what's this got to do with me?"; however the answer is simple, as the disk is used, more and more files get too fragmented to be found by the game. This can result in missing mesh problems and even more seriously, large sections of the menu disappearing altogether in addition the computer will tend to run much more slowly as the disk takes longer than usual to find the data.

Another cause of the symptoms you describe is more serious, this is where bad sectors occur on your hard drive. Probl3ems show themselves as missing items in a game or even in the operation of the drive, remember in this case the only cure is a new drive and a full re-load of all the system!

As far as the de-frag is concerned, if it's been a while since the computer was defragged, and the drive is a large one don't plan on doing anything that day!