Would it be possible to port Skyrim to FO4's Creation Kit?

LordNyron

This question has been nagging at me for a while and I figured this would be the best place to ask. Skyrim is going to be 5 years old on November 11th of this year, and we're likely 3 to 4 years out from a brand new Elder Scrolls game, and that's only IF Bethesda decides not to do something new(Which they said they wanted to do something new, but they have 3 titles in the works at the moment as well.). The mods for Skyrim have slowed to a trickle as of late as people move onto Fallout 4 which will get a modding tool set based on the latest version of the Creation Engine, the same engine that Skyrim was built on. So I was thinking, what if Skyrim could be ported over to the new version of the Creation Kit so that modders had new tools and tech to work with? It would also uncap the 255 mod limit as well as(hopefully) the 3.1GB VRAM limit. I can scarcely think of all the new mods that could be made using Fallout 4's engine. So would it be possible? I know the modding tools won't be out until at least next month, but someone has to have some inkling as to whether or not it can be done.

Pretty much what Hallgarth said. While it may very well be possible to port Skyrim in Fallout 4, it would be illegal to do so. Thus, it wouldn't be here on the Nexus. Have you ever heard of Skywind? Skyblivion? They are essentially what you're talking about. Those are not direct ports, but neither would Skyrim to Fallout 4. Not just because of the technical reasons, but the legal implications. Using Bethesda's assets to port them to another game, even if it's another Bethesda game, would be grounds for a cease and desist lawsuit against the modders. That is why you don't see projects like that here on the Nexus, it's really risky. While the Skywind and Skyblivion teams (I'm pretty sure) are recreating those games (Morrowind and Oblivion) with their own assets, it's a legal grey area at best.

Long story short, it's possible, but it's not worth the time/trouble or legal risk.