ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

There's a quest in chapter 3 to get some kind of armor or something from a "Vran Guardian" but I've not been able to find it. No doubt it's staring me straight in the face and I'm just not registering it.

The problem is, the hint guide that came with the game has no useful info on where to finish this quest off at, and it appears that nobody online has discovered it either. Or the info is on websites that are more cryptic than the guide book is. So does anyone know where to go to drive this quest onward? Vague directions like "do blah in the appropriate spot" are a bit thin.

It is a part of the mystic river quest which you get in chapter one and you finish it in chapter three. As a reward you get the diagram for vran armor.

You can find the guardian in the sewers in Loc Muine.

Thanks. Unfortunately it seems no matter which way I go about it, I never get a diagram for vran armor. Either by using the artifact (no, game, I didn't want to reset my skills, thanks) or by killing the operator (one HELL of a battle). The best I came away with was some more vran armor enhancers and the guy's staff. If there's supposed to be a diagram I feel cheated now :P

The diagram is in a chest together with the armor that is needed to craft the Vran armor.

The chest is located in the sewers, first chamber after you go thru the second blue door.

You could also just install the "end game items in act I" mod. The Vran armor will then be available at the craftsman in flotsam together with the Elder blood set (boots, gauntlets and trousers) wich builds a complete set.

... no matter which way I go about it, I never get a diagram for vran armor....

You seem to believe that you get it from the operator, but you don't. Instead it's simply lying around in a very easily accessible chest in the sewers; you do need a key though which you should have acquired through the mystic river quest. The chest contains the Ysgith armor (great for mages) and a diagram to upgrade it to Vran (only do it if you can stand the idea of losing the extra vigor point from ysgith).