My saves will NOT load.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it from your iSize W=640 & iSize H=480 entries that this is the newly created oblivion.ini with default values that was created when you deleted your old oblivion.ini (I doubt you normally run the game at 640 x 480 screen resolution). The file to compare this to is your original oblivion.ini (if you can retrieve it from the recycle bin). Rename the oblivion.ini that is currently in your My Documents to oblivionini.new before recovering the old one.

I take it from your iSize W=640 & iSize H=480 entries that this is the newly created oblivion.ini with default values that was created when you deleted your old oblivion.ini (I doubt you normally run the game at 640 x 480 screen resolution). The file to compare this to is your original oblivion.ini (if you can retrieve it from the recycle bin). Rename the oblivion.ini that is currently in your My Documents to oblivionini.new before recovering the old one.

I believe that is the one from my recycle bin because after each test, I restore the .ini file from my recycle bin thereby overwriting my test .ini

Edited by MidbossVyers

I'm not at my machine that has Oblivion loaded, so I can't check my own oblivion.ini, but I'm fairly certain mine has 1920 x 1080 in the iSize fields. Edited by Striker879

I believe it loads faster with lower quality, and I believe one can adjust that in vanilla Oblivion for better load time. In other words, your computer is better than mine and can load stuff better. Besides that file, what other files could have been affected that would lead to something like this (as opposed to just simply missing meshes or what not)? In other words, if this is the only file that can cause something like this, may I have a fresh copy of this file? If there are other files that can cause this, what are they? Edited by MidbossVyers

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have a fresh install oblivion.ini file that I can use? Are there any other files that could have caused this? Remember that this is not a graphical bug or anything, but a crash, so something like body or clothing mods probably would not have directly caused this.