My saves will NOT load.

I'm having an identical problem to MidbossVyers, except I've never made a save while DR 6 was loaded, and I installed DR 6 fresh without ever installing DR5. However I've run DR5 before on a different configuration and never had these problems.

I've run boss, it hasn't done anything, I've deleted and reset the oblivion .ini, I've re-synched my saves, which as far as I can see have no deadly reflexes information on them. I was trying to install the newest Unnecessary Violence mod, which actually has requirements other than OBSE, I uninstalled it the same way I installed it with OBMM.

I believe there must be some value DR-6 altered that now has oblivion permanently hung up; and it doesn't have anything to do with the saves, because as I said, none of my saves have any data whatsoever of DR-6, or UV 9.9.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having an identical problem to MidbossVyers, except I've never made a save while DR 6 was loaded, and I installed DR 6 fresh without ever installing DR5. However I've run DR5 before on a different configuration and never had these problems.

I've run boss, it hasn't done anything, I've deleted and reset the oblivion .ini, I've re-synched my saves, which as far as I can see have no deadly reflexes information on them. I was trying to install the newest Unnecessary Violence mod, which actually has requirements other than OBSE, I uninstalled it the same way I installed it with OBMM.

I believe there must be some value DR-6 altered that now has oblivion permanently hung up; and it doesn't have anything to do with the saves, because as I said, none of my saves have any data whatsoever of DR-6, or UV 9.9.

While I did save while DR5 was running, I, too, never saved when DR6 was running. When I removed DR5 to change to DR6, my saves still loaded. It just caused MAJOR lag. This lag caused me to try to turn back to DR5. That was when crashing during loading started. Again, even removing DR entirely didn't help. So all of my current saves actually are when DR5 was loaded, but now those saves won't load with either DR5 or any DR at all (I don't want to try to reinstall DR6 because that was never saved anytime, and it caused undue lag). And of course, I don't have Unnecessary Violence at all or even seen it. By now, though, using Wrye Bash, I've disable any instance of all DR .esm and .esp files, again still crashing, but I think you're right. DR6 did something to our game (irrelevant of saves) that DR5 did not (besides the body mod change because I managed to change that). Maybe, we're getting closer to the problem's source?

Edited by MidbossVyers

While I did save while DR5 was running, I, too, never saved when DR6 was running. When I removed DR5 to change to DR6, my saves still loaded. It just caused MAJOR lag. This lag caused me to try to turn back to DR5. That was when crashing during loading started. Again, even removing DR entirely didn't help. So all of my current saves actually are when DR5 was loaded, but now those saves won't load with either DR5 or any DR at all (I don't want to try to reinstall DR6 because that was never saved anytime, and it caused undue lag). And of course, I don't have Unnecessary Violence at all or even seen it.

M'kay, so - From this we can deduce that the problem is (most likely) caused by a file created, or edited by DR6.

I installed DR6 using Wrye Bash, using the Installers Tab, instead of OBMM; because DR6 has no OMOD conversion data, which made installation with OBMM pointless.

When I uninstalled DR6 I did so by right clicking the compressed file in installers and used the uninstall option. Which should have removed all the files included in it initially, thus leading me to believe that DR6 edited a value in the literally 5 seconds oblivion ran.

Now we just have to find what value (if my theory is correct) DR6 modified.

Edit: Something interesting to consider! I forgot to mention this earlier, but this isn't new, I can load one save once after restarting my computer, and continue to play normally without any visible porblems. I would then think that this must be a value edited while the game runs, but I can't think of anything off hand.

Edited by Aryeonos

While I did save while DR5 was running, I, too, never saved when DR6 was running. When I removed DR5 to change to DR6, my saves still loaded. It just caused MAJOR lag. This lag caused me to try to turn back to DR5. That was when crashing during loading started. Again, even removing DR entirely didn't help. So all of my current saves actually are when DR5 was loaded, but now those saves won't load with either DR5 or any DR at all (I don't want to try to reinstall DR6 because that was never saved anytime, and it caused undue lag). And of course, I don't have Unnecessary Violence at all or even seen it.

M'kay, so - From this we can deduce that the problem is (most likely) caused by a file created, or edited by DR6.

I installed DR6 using Wrye Bash, using the Installers Tab, instead of OBMM; because DR6 has no OMOD conversion data, which made installation with OBMM pointless.

When I uninstalled DR6 I did so by right clicking the compressed file in installers and used the uninstall option. Which should have removed all the files included in it initially, thus leading me to believe that DR6 edited a value in the literally 5 seconds oblivion ran.

All my Deadly Reflexing was done through the already made OMODs here: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=26103 Perhaps we should message Skycaptain and reon about it?

All my Deadly Reflexing was done through the already made OMODs here: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=26103 Perhaps we should message Skycaptain and reon about it?

I downloaded this file

"Deadly_Reflex_v6_0_beta101-8273-1.7z"

Which, as you can see is a .7z file, not an OMOD...

From what I can tell, wrye bash successfully removed all the files, because I hadn't unpacked my .bsa's no files were overwritten. As well, the uv .ini is gone, and there wouldn't be anything to read it anyway, as all of UV's .esps, and .esms are gone now.

I'll look into it more when I get home in about 45 minutes.

NVM , transport won't get here for another 15 minutes or so.

Edited by Aryeonos

Though we didn't use the same method, I'm pretty sure (or at least hope) that our issue is the same.

I think the fact that we used separate installation methods means it's a problem created by DR6 itself.

We should ask Sky Captain what other .ini's that DR6 modifies, other than its own of course.

Though we didn't use the same method, I'm pretty sure (or at least hope) that our issue is the same.

I think the fact that we used separate installation methods means it's a problem created by DR6 itself.

We should ask Sky Captain what other .ini's that DR6 modifies, other than its own of course.

Please feel free to send the PM, then.

PM AWAY!

Edit:

I've checked the one or two other threads that listed the same problem, but they did not get as far as we have, and were unable to discern which DR6 .esps/.esms were causing the problem.

They were stuck at first person legs, which I had never heard of until I did that search.

We know it can't be first person legs, so it's either

*DeadlyReflex 6 - Combat Moves.esp

*Deadly Reflex 6 - Timed Block and 250% damage.esp

*Mounted_Spellcasting_Deadly_Reflex_Compatible.esp

*HorseCombatMaster.esm

Or something in the .ini

Edited by Aryeonos