My saves will NOT load.

Well, when I first installed DR6, it didn't crash; there was just insane lag. It was only after I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall DR5... Though right now, I have neither 5 nor 6.

My game just crashed a few seconds after I installed DR6, and continues to do so without DR6 installed.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so... I think, I might have fixed it.

I deleted Oblivion_Default.ini, then ran Oblivion, without OBSE, just by double clicking the regular oblivion.exe file, made a quick save ( I think any save will work really) closed oblivion then ran it again with obse, and it runs fine. There are a couple places I think that might hickup because of the lack of obse for one save like Curse of Hircine, but CM partners seems to be okay, and supreme magicka hasn't shown any problem messages. Though I haven't had time to go through and test anything yet, so we'll see. Worst case scenario, I have to do a little debugging.

That's all if this really fixes the issue though.

I'm just posting my progress so far.

Edit:

...Nope, game crashed in less than a second.

Okay, I have come to what I believe to be a new solution.

First I have to ask what version of OBSE you're using.

Edited by Aryeonos

I deleted Oblivion_Default.ini, then ran Oblivion, without OBSE, just by double clicking the regular oblivion.exe file, made a quick save ( I think any save will work really) closed oblivion then ran it again with obse, and it runs fine. There are a couple places I think that might hickup because of the lack of obse for one save like Curse of Hircine, but CM partners seems to be okay, and supreme magicka hasn't shown any problem messages. Though I haven't had time to go through and test anything yet, so we'll see. Worst case scenario, I have to do a little debugging.

Edit:

Instead of deleting the .ini file, maybe try editing it? Has Sky Captain gotten back to you on what to change?

Edit:

Instead of deleting the .ini file, maybe try editing it? Has Sky Captain gotten back to you on what to change?

No, I don't think it has anything to do with that .ini.

What version of OBSE are you running?

Try (re)installing OBSE 0020, running the game without OBSE, then running it with OBSE 0020. So far I think it fixed the problem. You'll have to reinstall any body replacers though, that can't be helped.

Try (re)installing OBSE 0020, running the game without OBSE, then running it with OBSE 0020. So far I think it fixed the problem. You'll have to reinstall any body replacers though, that can't be helped.

I reinstalled the body replacers as soon as I removed DR. As for updating OBSE, is there any special method or is it just copying over the new files?

Edited by MidbossVyers