My saves will NOT load.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I wonder what the author, himself, hasn't come forward.

Well, just possibly because "My saves will NOT load" doesn't exactly mantion anything that would make the author of the mod think the thread has anything to do with him/her? Like actually putting "Deadly reflex" or DR6 IN the topic title?

Well, to begin with I don't think that either of us knew exactly what had caused it, only after a day or so did we figure it out, and even so, the problem still remains ambiguous. All we think we know for sure is that DR6 is somehow the cause of it.

On top of which I PM'd sky captain on monday and still haven't gotten a response. So, the author might not even be online.

Try using Wrye Bash or OBMM to do a complete uninstall of all versions of Deadly Reflexes, and run Oblivion.exe. Not the shortcuts or anything, whenever I say an .exe I mean to run it from its source file inside of C:/-/Oblivion. Also, try moving Oblivion into a new folder just inside of C: to avoid any windows security problems.

For instance, Oblivion is in this directory on my computer:

"C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion"

I've used OBMM for all my Deadly Reflex stuff because I just used the pre-made OMOD. Also, while my saves are in C:\Documents and Settings\WW\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves, my game (the .exe) itself actually is in C:\Luchi\Home\Bethesda\Oblivion If you want me to move my saves somewhere, would I also need to somehow relocate the pointer to my saves so the game will know where they are? If so, how?

I've used OBMM for all my Deadly Reflex stuff because I just used the pre-made OMOD. Also, while my saves are in C:\Documents and Settings\WW\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves, my game (the .exe) itself actually is in C:\Luchi\Home\Bethesda\Oblivion If you want me to move my saves somewhere, would I also need to somehow relocate the pointer to my saves so the game will know where they are? If so, how?

I think you have already addressed the issues he was trying to get around. The default path puts the game in Program Files folder, and with vista, and win7, UAC causes some interesting issues.

If you go to the saves tab in Wrye Bash, what color do your saves show as?

I think you have already addressed the issues he was trying to get around. The default path puts the game in Program Files folder, and with vista, and win7, UAC causes some interesting issues.

If you go to the saves tab in Wrye Bash, what color do your saves show as?

Red due to lack of DR5, Enchantment Mastery, and Ahtata Dremora. I confirmed that the game runs with or without Ahtata. I'm pretty sure Enchantment Mastery doesn't have anything to do with anything either because I never actually "used" it, which then leaves DR5. And even after I reinstalled DR5 after removing DR6, the game still crashes.

If they were just esp files, it shouldn't matter, but, any mod with an ESM file associated with it, is going to be problematic to remove from the save......

I confirmed, a long while ago, that even after uninstalling Ahtata, the game still works. I'm not sure about Enchantment Mastery, and I know that DR has a master, but doesn't Wrye Bash have the ability to change removed masters into .esp files? How do I remove the disabled masters permanently?

According to popular theory, you can go to the saves tab in bash, select a save game, and in a panel on the right, it will list master files for that game. (both esm, and esp files) You should be able to de-select the files that aren't there anymore, click the save button below that panel, and remove them that way.

I have never used this particular feature, so, I am not precisely sure how, or if, it actually works. Could test it on an older save, and see if you have any success that way.

And just as a quick reminder for me... can you start a new game?

According to popular theory, you can go to the saves tab in bash, select a save game, and in a panel on the right, it will list master files for that game. (both esm, and esp files) You should be able to de-select the files that aren't there anymore, click the save button below that panel, and remove them that way.

I have never used this particular feature, so, I am not precisely sure how, or if, it actually works. Could test it on an older save, and see if you have any success that way.

And just as a quick reminder for me... can you start a new game?

Yes, de-selecting only disables them by putting XX in front of the name and changing any .esm files to .esp As for a new game, I haven't tried that yet for fear of screwing things up further (I even plan to install a new race mod), but I'll try it when I have time, but even if that does work, it still means that the saves I already have are screwed.

Edit: OK, I confirmed it. I can NOT start a new game either, so I don't think the problem is with the saves. It might be Oblivion itself.

Edited by MidbossVyers