playable advent mod: details, feedback

davidlallen

That is good feedback on the viper at commander. I am hoping to avoid armor. How about boosting defense and dodge more? Or some other dodge based effect like lightning reflexes?

For muton and berserker, we haven't done much balancing yet.

Yeah, increasing Dodge and something like Lightening Reflexes would be a big help. Most definitely. Because an Archon being able to cave in your skull no matter what isn't a laughing matter on that difficulty.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you feel mecs are *too* powerful? That is, would you just crush the game easily with a full squad of mecs, and nothing else? It is easy to make a super-unit, but it is more interesting to get the power level "just right". If you have to carefully think about trading off taking this unit vs taking another unit, then it is "just right". If the power level of the mec seems "just right", which soldier class do you usually wind up substituting for?

Development update (no release yet but possibly in 24 hours from now)

* Andromedon provided by koopakid is integrated!

* There is a new mission, which grants one playable mec. I plan to add an option where the only way to get the proving ground project is by completing this mission, but I haven't quite gotten that part to work yet.

* Discovered that only certain aliens can be turned in the armory view, which is painful, since the berserker arm, and most of the andromedon body, block part of the level up screen. The aliens that can be turned are the ones where maclimes has created armor that supports tints, which is the mec, viper and chryssalid. For the others, I guess some animation work is required, but not started yet.

* Increased dodge of viper to 30% + 5% per level, so at top level, their dodge is 65%. This should increase survivability.

* Tried several things to fix the problem of alien armor getting un-equipped. No solution is working yet. I tried ...

+ making the item size zero, which makes them impossible to unequip. But, since we want the mec to have upgraded armor, in order to get heavy weapons, that won't work.

+ The uc class which checks for armor removability is a "native core" class (GameState_Unit) which means it can't be modded.

+ Making more hacks in the armory loadout screen, which increases the risk of mod conflict, but I can't get them to take effect anyhow.

+ So, there is no improvement, except to my understanding of the code I guess.

Do you feel mecs are *too* powerful? That is, would you just crush the game easily with a full squad of mecs, and nothing else? It is easy to make a super-unit, but it is more interesting to get the power level "just right". If you have to carefully think about trading off taking this unit vs taking another unit, then it is "just right". If the power level of the mec seems "just right", which soldier class do you usually wind up substituting for?

No, the MEC isn't too powerful. It's weapon is pretty good at the start, but in commander mode, I have had enemy ADVENT Advanced Troopers, Lancers, officer especially, and shield bearers tank the MEC's main weapon. It's awesome. I substitute it for anyone that's wounded, or just as a plain unit. But if I actually HAD to substitute it for a soldier class, I would pick grenadier.

But I like it the way it is so far :)

I didn't keep up much, but dude I'm going to test that mod and feedback the sh*t outta it ! xD Anyhow, got that chryssalid cocon fix or nah ? Also, one thing that would be cool (But I beleive coding-wise impossible) is having faceless that are humans at the start of the mission, with phantom perk, and then you just BAM surprise them, but I don't think that's possible >.>

I didn't keep up much, but dude I'm going to test that mod and feedback the sh*t outta it ! xD Anyhow, got that chryssalid cocon fix or nah ? Also, one thing that would be cool (But I beleive coding-wise impossible) is having faceless that are humans at the start of the mission, with phantom perk, and then you just BAM surprise them, but I don't think that's possible >.>

It wouldn't be impossible, most faceless essentially function like that anyway, being spawned in as civilians and turning by using an ability. It'd have to be looked into, but I think they automatically lose their cover if they get too close to enemies, so I think it'd basically be set-up perfectly from the start, and would only need a little bit of tweaking to function as you expect it to. Essentially, they'd be perfectly concealed stealth units in sight range, but advent getting too close would reveal them, so you'd have to take care not to let them get revealed.

There's a lot of melee focused aliens, so the faceless would have to be a stealth class in order to have any utility mid-late game. Worst case scenario you can just give him all the stealth ranger perks and multiple conceal charges to keep him useful. I'd love to make one, but it's definitely a lower priority than the Gatekeeper, as I bought XCOM 2 almost purely to play as the Andromedon and the Gatekeeper... halfway there, :D

Development update (no release yet but possibly in 24 hours from now)

* Andromedon provided by koopakid is integrated!

* There is a new mission, which grants one playable mec. I plan to add an option where the only way to get the proving ground project is by completing this mission, but I haven't quite gotten that part to work yet.

* Discovered that only certain aliens can be turned in the armory view, which is painful, since the berserker arm, and most of the andromedon body, block part of the level up screen. The aliens that can be turned are the ones where maclimes has created armor that supports tints, which is the mec, viper and chryssalid. For the others, I guess some animation work is required, but not started yet.

* Increased dodge of viper to 30% + 5% per level, so at top level, their dodge is 65%. This should increase survivability.

* Tried several things to fix the problem of alien armor getting un-equipped. No solution is working yet. I tried ...

+ making the item size zero, which makes them impossible to unequip. But, since we want the mec to have upgraded armor, in order to get heavy weapons, that won't work.

+ The uc class which checks for armor removability is a "native core" class (GameState_Unit) which means it can't be modded.

+ Making more hacks in the armory loadout screen, which increases the risk of mod conflict, but I can't get them to take effect anyhow.

+ So, there is no improvement, except to my understanding of the code I guess.

Andromedon!! Hell yeah!!! This is by far the best mod for Xcom 2! Hey one thing, can you guys fix the infinite soldiers bug now? Its crowding my armory and they are from de old mod...

Will this be a random mission that appears at a certain point in the mid game, or is only unlocked with specific actions?