playable advent mod: details, feedback

davidlallen

I don't think any changes I will make soon, will cause incompatibility. It is possible that your existing aliens with two heads will still have two heads. But, I will implement a console command which should fix them, similar to givealienarmor.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, "viper spit not working" has been reported on the steam comments thread also. Although oddly, several people said spit is currently working for them. That is fourth on my list, after extra heads, disallowing change of gender, and cloning the viper rifle to three different strengths.

Edited by davidlallen

Oh guys? The "return fire" perk for the Muton, does not actually work.

I have had mutons using that perk and they get shot at, or damaged by X enemy, andthey never attack or fire back at the hostile.

This perk was meant for Xcom sniper classes only, mutons cannot use it. I personally think you should replace the return fire perk, with the vanilla muton (enemy muton)'s "Counter attack" perk.

"Counterattack: Chance to ignore melee damage and instantly respond with a melee strike of their own."

That way you can have users that utilize the Muton either choose between SUpression, or Counter attack.

The Invisible Head mod works for the Viper- I didn't see eyes or "human teeth and gums" except for the Skyranger loading screen where they all sit down. Otherwise I only saw the viper I created in the tactical fight.

As for the MEC, there was a pair of eyes and the teeth sticking out of its chest some, but you only notice it if you're looking for it, or see it in a cutscene (like a kill).

I don't use Chrysalids, so I cannot really tell you if it worked on them.

So perhaps there is some kind of element inside the Invisible heads mod that "might" be of some help. But I am not an expert in that field.

I don't want to sound a bit too "selfish" about what Credits you've declared for that mod.. but from the list written up on Page #1 -- my work on some of your graphic assets (Icons, INV images, etc) isn't mentionned.

Please -- could you insert that slight precision, David?

:ninja: