MGSO 3.0 - Code Patch 2.0 Refuses to Work

EdgarAllenPoo

I'm trying to install Morrowind Overhaul 3.0, and it works fine until I get about halfway through the installation and it opens a program called Morrowind Code Patch, which is where you choose from a series of mods which ones you want to use. When I try to apply the patches, it fails and gives me the following message:

"The Code Patch has failed to apply. Please make sure that you don't have a NO-CD patch installed or another program that modifies the Morrowind executable."

I don't have any NO-CD patches installed, and I can sort of infer from the name but I don't really know what one is either. Can somebody please help me?

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention I'm on Windows 10, if that makes a difference.

Edited by EdgarAllenPoo

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As this is the first Google search result I am going to post the solution here.

Hey guys, same issue BUT!!!

I have the CD GOTY edition. First time I run the MGSO 3.0 everything went smooth, just my PC froze at creating the long distance stuff. A ton of problems showed up afterwards, so I reinstalled Morrowind again. And long behold I get this annoying error.

The Code Patch has failed to apply. Please make sure that you don't have a
NO-CD patch installed or another program that modifies the Morrowind
executable.
If the problem persists contact the support!

Just exit the MGSO and run the Morrowind Code Patch manually in Admin mode. Create a patch restart MGSO and it is now working. Weird fix, but it is still working. :P

Have fun D13