The Thread of Computers (aka will my computer run Skyrim)

Zeazer

How Do i check all of my stats? I had a local computer store custom build my computer. I know it can run The Witcher 2 on High with very little problems (only a delay in texture loading, and even then only about 2 or 3 seconds)

The computer was built in Summer 2010, so it is pretty new.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run Oblivion, FO3 and NV on my computer but theyre all more or less the same tech. I'm worried about Skyrim though its a new engine entirely and ive been dissapointed with a few games recently my laptop is fairly modern in most respects but it only has a single core so Im kinda worried it wont run on my laptop, I have a single core 2.4ghz a 128 meg ati radeon 4200 HD and 2 gigs of ram, Is it possible to upgrade these on a laptop?

I don't think your going to be able to max it out but with that rig I doubt you maxed out fallout or oblivion either right? .. I'm sure it will run though.

You might think but I max Oblivion and FO3 nv is near max I think but Im worried about Single core processors being abandoned by modern gamedevs.

Alright, thx man. So do you reckon my setup can put up with medium-good settings without any difficulties?

Yes, probably.

I recommend getting a better GPU, like the 4870 it's very cheap.

If you have a bit more money you could get a 6850/6870 that would run Skyrim on max.

But you're ok with what you have now.

Oh, great! So you mean if I get a GPU 6850, and if I've understood you correctly, I'll be able to run Skyrim on max if I only upgrade my GPU?

How Do i check all of my stats? I had a local computer store custom build my computer. I know it can run The Witcher 2 on High with very little problems (only a delay in texture loading, and even then only about 2 or 3 seconds)

Speccy is a nice tool which can give you a simple overview of your hardware, as well as further details.

Speccy is a nice tool which can give you a simple overview of your hardware, as well as further details.

But i'd rather not buy a $25 program to find out.

I have an AMD Athlon II X2 255 processor 3.10GHz

6 GB RAM.

And i don't know where to find the red of the info.

i wander if mine will run it

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.3GHz) - AM3, 9MB Cache,125W BD

Kingston 16G(4x4G) KHX1600C9D3P1K2/8 GDDR3 1600MHz CL9 HyperX

MSI 890GXM-G65 AM3 890GX 4*DDR3 PCI-E16 GBL DVI / VGA /HDMI/RAID/SATA3/USB3

Western Digital 600G SATA3 VelociRaptor 10,000 RPM

(DUAL) ZOTAC GTX 275 896MB of 448 bit GDD3 video memory, 240 Stream Processor Cores 633 MHz Graphics (Core) Clock 2268 MHz Memory Clock frequency

i think so :dance:

i wander if mine will run it

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.3GHz) - AM3, 9MB Cache,125W BD

Kingston 16G(4x4G) KHX1600C9D3P1K2/8 GDDR3 1600MHz CL9 HyperX

MSI 890GXM-G65 AM3 890GX 4*DDR3 PCI-E16 GBL DVI / VGA /HDMI/RAID/SATA3/USB3

Western Digital 600G SATA3 VelociRaptor 10,000 RPM

(DUAL) ZOTAC GTX 275 896MB of 448 bit GDD3 video memory, 240 Stream Processor Cores 633 MHz Graphics (Core) Clock 2268 MHz Memory Clock frequency

i think so :dance:

Yeah definitely it will. I have less than you in some areas and I can get to the 256 mod limit in Oblivion with not a lot of lag the least it drops too is 23 FPS. Of course it crashes but that is because of the conflicts.

But i'd rather not buy a $25 program to find out.

I have an AMD Athlon II X2 255 processor 3.10GHz

6 GB RAM.

And i don't know where to find the red of the info.

It's free, there are free download mirrors right under it (Filehippo and another), the $25 thing is a donation button of some sorts I think.

Oh, great! So you mean if I get a GPU 6850, and if I've understood you correctly, I'll be able to run Skyrim on max if I only upgrade my GPU?

Yes, you only need a better GPU. I got a Sapphire 6870 right now (A bit more powerful then the 6850), it's dominating every game on the market.

Example:

Witcher 2, the most beautiful looking game ever.(If you ignore Crysis 2)

I have it on almost (view distance is on normal) maximum settings, textures, models, physics, all on max. Even maximum Anti Aliasing.

It's running average on 45 FPS. I was (still am) blown away by that GPU compared to it's price, I highly recommend it.

Skyrim should be no problem with this one.

Also, sorry for the late reply. I forgot that I posted here. :tongue:

Edited by Iv000