The Thread of Computers (aka will my computer run Skyrim)

Zeazer

na man that'll be plenty for it.

CPU : Intel Core2Duo E8400 3.0GHz

GPU : 430GT

RAM : 4gb DDR3 1600 RAM

yeah thats still better than a lot of pc's

I wouldn't say "plenty" .. it will run it I'm sure but not much better than a console... that GPU is just about on par with a console GPU except its DX11... which doesn't really matter with skyrim since it wont make use of any DX11 effects.

Really?! a 430GT is on par with the console gpu's? Xbox 360 use a custom 500 MHz ATI gpu thats similar to the sapphire x1950pro. Ps3 runs a 550MHz 7900gtx from Nvidia. The GT430 has higher clock speeds, higher standard memory than both of them. I mean I know the GT430 aint the best but surly its better than the console gpu

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

always use benchmarks.. its slightly better .. Ive owned a GT 220 for a few years and it was exactly on par with the current consoles .. every game I played I ran on console settings at a 720i res .. now I have a much better GPU and a much bigger screen to match .. but take a looks at these benchmarks and see what I mean .. the 430 is just a little better .. take note of the 240 too .. thats about where you would notice a difference .. I'm not calling the 430 crap or anything .. but that little bit wont get you to far .. not maxing out most games at least.

http://media.bestofmicro.com/2/H/264473/original/Crysis%201680.png

Well fair enough then :) Your right its awfully close to notice a difference. I thought it was a tad better than that lol

That guy should be fine with it for skyrim tho wouldnt he? (i know, i know, no one knows the specs yet) but roughly?

Edited by MizerD

Yea he can run Crysis and the Battlefield 3 Beta but he has to turn it down to pretty abysmal levels to get 60fps. I know he can run Skyrim but not maxed out and still get buttery smooth gameplay so it is just time for an upgrade for him. The 550ti is a awesome card for $140. In the future if he wants some more performance he can buy a second and run them in SLI and for $280 two 550ti's are easily on par with a $400-500 card.

Yea he can run Crysis and the Battlefield 3 Beta but he has to turn it down to pretty abysmal levels to get 60fps

wonderin if the xbox can get 60fps on that TV

:facepalm:

On that TV? I will pretend I mentioned a TV and anything you said made sense.

I'm thinking of getting this and need to know if it will run Skyrim well or at all:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 HD RAM 8GB Windows 7 Home Premium

Graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 6870

Specs say clock speed 3200, not sure what that means. Is that 3.2 Ghz?

Will it blend?

Edited by Janus1981

I'm thinking of getting this and need to know if it will run Skyrim well or at all:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 HD RAM 8GB Windows 7 Home Premium

Specs say clock speed 3200, not sure what that means. Is that 3.2 Ghz?

Will it blend?

3200 will mean 3.2ghz

System requirements should{/i] be out on Monday so wait till then for certainty.

Would love some hints on what piece i should add/remove to max out graphics and fps, thanks!

Operating System:

Windows 2.6.0.6002 (Service Pack 2)

CPU Type:

Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz

CPU Speed:

2.52 GHz

System Memory:

6 GB

Video Card Model:

ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

Video Card Memory:

3.74 GB