The Thread of Computers (aka will my computer run Skyrim)

Zeazer

How about my HP Pavilion p6210y?

AMD Athlon II X4 620 processor~ 2.6 GHz

6 GB RAM (5.75 useable)

NVIDIA GeForce 9100 graphics card (when I got it, I thought the higher the number, the better hehe).

500 or so gigs left of memory

64 bit Windows 7

I can usually play oblivion (and fallout) with somewhat high graphics settings at a 1280x768 (widescreen) resolution. Not sure what res I play on fallout, but when I played cod I think I did the lowest (800x600?)

I really can't tell the difference between resolutions, except for maybe the very lowest one.

If I would have to run it on the bare minimum LQ settings, though, then I'll just get it for xbox. I would really hate to pass up mods, though.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My target is 1920X 1200 - (my monitor is a viewsonic 27" 16:10) i'm expecting to get around@ 45-55 FPS with 8XCSAA and 4X AF

Case : Thermaltake Level 10 GT

Mobo: Gigabyte UD3R Z68X chipset

CPU: Intel i7 2600K (water cooled)

Videocard: MSI GTX580 – 1536MB - (water cooled, full coverage waterblock)

Ram: 8gb Kingston HyperX

HD: 2X Western Digital Black SATA3 2TB

Soundcard: Creative X-Fi Titanium connected to a Klipsch full 5.1 550W surround sound system -one of the older klipsch systems but I haven't heard anything for the Pc that can surpass it

Edited by shadow_scale9180

@DCDeacon What day does the pc specs come at? 4 hours ago We are still working on it and doing testing. Can't give you the day. It'll be as soon as we can give solid info.

I read it on twitter.

http://twitter.com/#!/DCDeacon/status/126642269225877504

Edited by ufw7

My target is 1920X 1200 - (my monitor is a viewsonic 27" 16:10) i'm expecting to get around@ 45-55 FPS with 8XCSAA and 4X AF

Case : Thermaltake Level 10 GT

Mobo: Gigabyte UD3R Z68X chipset

CPU: Intel i7 2600K (water cooled)

Videocard: MSI GTX580 – 1536MB - (water cooled, full coverage waterblock)

Ram: 8gb Kingston HyperX

HD: 2X Western Digital Black SATA3 2TB

Soundcard: Creative X-Fi Titanium connected to a Klipsch full 5.1 550W surround sound system -one of the older klipsch systems but I haven't heard anything for the Pc that can surpass it

All that quality merchandise and you go and put kingston in there? :facepalm:

Edited by MizerD

So I've got a question, I'm building a computer for a friend that I totally got hooked on Skyrim and now he wants a custom PC to handle it. :D

We're down to two different video cards:

EVGA GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) Superclocked 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 - $175.76, $160.76 after mail-in rebate card

• Only 1 GB of video ram
    Core Clock: 763MHz
    Shader Clock: 1526MHz
    Stream Processors: 336 Processor Cores

SPARKLE GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 - $229.99

• 2 GBs of video ram
    Core Clock: 700MHz
    Shader Clock: 1400MHz
    Stream Processors: 336 Processor Cores

When it comes to gaming, which is more important - the Core and Shader Clocks, or the amount of video ram? Because you can see that the Sparkle has double the vram, but slower clock speeds. Which one, and why?

The super clocked one is better and cheaper as for video ram most games don't need over 1gb of VRAM unless you run muti-display

Now for shader and core. You won't find gfx with higher shaders then cores I wouldn't worry about it. But the most it's OCd from factory the better

All that quality merchandise and you go and put kingston in there? :facepalm:

kingston have been in the industry for quite some time, besides here in OZ we aren't exactly fat on choices,the only other choices I have are G.skill - which I don't like at all. I could go for Corsair - they do produce decent DDR3 ram with well designed cooling, which in case you haven't noticed is a rather important thing for me.

Edited by shadow_scale9180

Would appreciate it a lot if someone could give his/her opinion about my laptop running Skyrim (on near max setting?):

ASUS G73SW

Processor

Intel® Core™ i7 2630QM

Intel® Core™ i5 2410M

Operating System

Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate

Genuine Windows® 7 Professional

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium

This version contains all product updates (SP1)

Chipset

Intel® HM65 Express Chipset

Memory

DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM,4 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion up to 16 G SDRAM (Quad Core),2 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion up to 8 G SDRAM (Dual Core), *2

Display

17.3" 16:9 HD+ (1600x900)/Full HD (1920x1080)/Full HD 3D(1920x1080 120Hz) LED backlight

Graphic

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460M 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM

Storage

2.5" SATA

750GB 7200rpm

640GB 5400rpm

500GB 5400rpm/7200rpm

500GB 7200rpm SSH

Dual HDD Support*1

Thanks a lot in advance. I bought this laptop about 1,5month ago and played The Witcher 2 at max, and tbh can't believe if this laptop wouldn't run Skyrim nearly at max settings.