The Thread of Computers (aka will my computer run Skyrim)

Zeazer

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright then. My Specs are:

Processor: Intel i5 M480 @ 2,7 GHz

Ram: 4 Gb

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GT 540 M (1 Gb + about 1.5 Gb from Ram if needed)

Resolution: 1366x768

I usually defrag my HDD every two weeks and I use the programm "gamebooster".

Sooooo:

Will I be able to run Skyrim on high settings?

thanks in advance,

Cowoner

Alright then. My Specs are:

Processor: Intel i5 M480 @ 2,7 GHz

Ram: 4 Gb

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GT 540 M (1 Gb + about 1.5 Gb from Ram if needed)

Resolution: 1366x768

I usually defrag my HDD every two weeks and I use the programm "gamebooster".

Sooooo:

Will I be able to run Skyrim on high settings?

thanks in advance,

Cowoner

High? Maybe, if you turn reduce some settings, AA in particular. Max? Not likely, but it should still play smoothly at decent settings at that resolution.

Well, I copy pasted this from Can You Run It?

Video RAM 3.7 GB

Pixel Shader version 4.1

Vertex Shader version 4.1

So that's my 210 card, I don't trust the 3.7 GB though xD

Anyway, my processor: Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz 3.07GHz (just copy pasted from a document I had.)

RAM 6 GB

But Skyrim is 32 bit and my comp is 64 bit. So, I'll have 3GB ram to work with. I know this is all good, it's just my graphics card that's s***.

I have no idea about my power source however. What I do know is that it should be enough for my new card (I live at home and have a computer god for a father. Seriously, not joking around now.) , which, sadly, most likely won't be here until the 11th.

Just open your computer-case (If you're not relying on some silly warranty of course), and you'll see a label sticked to the side of your PSU with all the information you need about it ;) But yes, your CPU is still hardcore, memory is all good, gfx is utter crap :teehee: I dont understand how it got there in the first place to be honest! It really doesnt match the rest of your system. You should indeed get yourself a new one, and you'll have a killer PC!

Oh yea, I'm super paranoid about opening my comp, it's custom built so no warranty problem there, I'm just too damn clumsy with computers xD I don't want to break it.

I know it's hardcore :P And the Gfx card got there from my last comp, I didn't buy a new card along with my comp, as I was saving money and decided to wait until closer to the skyrim release. And now my new card won't be here until after Skyrim -.-

@ Elder III:

thanks! Usually I don't turn AA up above 4x and I don't use vSync. With this attitude I played Crysis on high settings with about one or two on ultra...

Do you think this will work with Skyrim too?

And what do you think is the weakest part of this setup?

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention, that I have a soundcard with appropiate settings, if this has any meaning for performance...

Edited by Cowoner

@ Elder III:

thanks! Usually I don't turn AA up above 4x and I don't use vSync. With this attitude I played Crysis on high settings with about one or two on ultra...

Do you think this will work with Skyrim too?

And what do you think is the weakest part of this setup?

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention, that I have a soundcard with appropiate settings, if this has any meaning for performance...

Well the weakest part is the video card, but that's normal for most laptops. I'm afraid there's not much you can do about that, laptops are quite minimal as far as what you can and can't upgrade on them. (One of the best arguments for a desktop right there btw).

I think it will play pretty well at 1366 x 768, but I would guess you are looking at a mix of medium and high without any AA turned on. The good thing is that games of this sort are usually playable at 30-40 FPS, whereas a typical shooter game would be too laggy at the same speed. If you are happy with how it feels with 30 FPS you may be able to raise some of the settings abit. :) Until the game comes out and we can actually tweak things and adjust settings for ourselves we can't really say anything more definite than that.

Alright then, thanks again Elder III. I think 30 fps will be enough for me :)

And I understand your argument, but I just don't have the money for a desktop... If I did I would totally go for it.

But anyways, you helped me with the decision wether to get it on pc or Xbox 360 (pc in this case) and I'm happy with it.

Greets Cowoner

How badly will this run? I need to decide whether to switch my preorder to the PC version depending on how cheap upgrading is.

Manufacturer:

HP-Pavilion

Processor:

AMD Phenom II X4 910 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz

Memory:

8192MB RAM

Hard Drive:

986 GB

Video Card:

ATI Radeon HD 4350 (absolutely terrible but stock, need to know what to upgrade to)

Operating System:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Video Card:

ATI Radeon HD 4350 (absolutely terrible but stock, need to know what to upgrade to)

Let me guess, you bought your PC as a whole?

That was a big mistake.

Anyways, I'm recommending a 6870 1Gb, as I always do.

If you're really low on money, get a 4890 or 4870, but I highly recommend the 6870.

If you want a Nvidia card, I have no Idea about those.

The rest of your specs are fine.