The Thread of Computers (aka will my computer run Skyrim)

Zeazer

Video Card:

ATI Radeon HD 4350 (absolutely terrible but stock, need to know what to upgrade to)

Let me guess, you bought your PC as a whole?

That was a big mistake.

Anyways, I'm recommending a 6870 1Gb, as I always do.

If you're really low on money, get a 4890 or 4870, but I highly recommend the 6870.

If you want a Nvidia card, I have no Idea about those.

The rest of your specs are fine.

Alright 6870 is doable I just need to know what kind of power supply to get then.... thanks.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright fellas. The only thing I might have to do is get like 2 GB of RAM to be on the safe side. The thing is, I have no idea how to install RAM memory. And I need my computer so I can't really put it on service. Do I need to install anything afterwards and do I just put them in where the other RAM is?

Alright fellas. The only thing I might have to do is get like 2 GB of RAM to be on the safe side. The thing is, I have no idea how to install RAM memory. And I need my computer so I can't really put it on service. Do I need to install anything afterwards and do I just put them in where the other RAM is?

Google is your friend, there are extensive guides for installing RAM sticks. From what I hear ,it is not that difficult.

If your motherboard has multiple RAM slots, you just put it in the free slot until it clicks, don't break it though.

If it doesn't (And I'm assuming you have 2Gb already installed) you buy a 4gb RAM card and replace it with the 2Gb one.

There are no software upgrades required.

Here's a detailed explanation on how to do it:

http://lifehacker.com/138665/hack-attack-how-to-install-ram

If your motherboard has multiple RAM slots, you just put it in the free slot until it clicks, don't break it though.

If it doesn't (And I'm assuming you have 2Gb already installed) you buy a 4gb RAM card and replace it with the 2Gb one.

There are no software upgrades required.

Here's a detailed explanation on how to do it:

http://lifehacker.com/138665/hack-attack-how-to-install-ram

Appreciate it! :)

Pentium E5300 2.6GHz CPU

8GB DDR3 RAM

ATI Radeon 5450 (s***, I know, what would you recommend for £60?)

Windows 7 64 bit

Can I run on lowest settings?

Please reply!

You most likely can. On lowest.

But you really should upgrade your video card, if you have at least 90-120$ to spare.

Pentium E5300 2.6GHz CPU

8GB DDR3 RAM

ATI Radeon 5450 (s***, I know, what would you recommend for £60?)

Windows 7 64 bit

Can I run on lowest settings?

Please reply!

You most likely can. On lowest.

But you really should upgrade your video card, if you have at least 90-120$ to spare.

Thanks dude, any recommendations on which one I should get for about 100-120? A link would be great :)

Also, if I did get a good graphics card, would I be able to play on mid-ish - kinda high-ish settings with my current specs?

Thanks.

Thanks dude, any recommendations on which one I should get for about 100-120? A link would be great :)

Also, if I did get a good graphics card, would I be able to play on mid-ish - kinda high-ish settings with my current specs?

Thanks.

Except for the video card you should be able to run at least on mid settings, maybe somewhat higher.

Here is a good compilation of video card test results: http://www.ixbt.com/video/itogi-video/0911/itogi-video-cr4-wxp-pcie-aaa.html

At 100-120$ I'd recommend Radeon HD 6750. (If it costs more where you're buying, 6670 is decent as well.)

For 180 you could buy 6850, which is good, and should be enough at least for high settings (maybe not with your CPU, but close.)

(I live in Russia though, and those are russian prices. Check those test results I linked, and choose something inbetween 6670 and 6870.)

EDIT: As for the, producer, again, i recommend Gigabyte.

Edited by VBlackfang

Thanks.

Except for the video card you should be able to run at least on mid settings, maybe somewhat higher.

Here is a good compilation of video card test results: http://www.ixbt.com/video/itogi-video/0911/itogi-video-cr4-wxp-pcie-aaa.html

At 100-120$ I'd recommend Radeon HD 6750. (If it costs more where you're buying, 6670 is decent as well.)

For 180 you could buy 6850, which is good, and should be enough at least for high settings (maybe not with your CPU, but close.)

(I live in Russia though, and those are russian prices. Check those test results I linked, and choose something inbetween 6670 and 6870.)

Thanks dude, I'm gonna start saving up for the 6850! Thanks for all your help.