The Thread of Computers (aka will my computer run Skyrim)

Zeazer

Hello people more knowledgeable than myself!

Since the pc specs have now been released, I am here to ask, as the name of the thread suggests if my computer will run skyrim. I plan to do an upgrade by the beginning of November, but am not entirely sure if I will be able to... My question comes in two parts. My current specs are:

Graphic card: ATI RADEON HD SAPHIRE 4850 512 Mbs DDR-3

CPU: INTEL CORE 2 DUO 2.33 Ghz E@6550

RAM: Kingston 2Gb com 333 Mhz de clock

Yup, my ram is awfully slow, and I think it will be pushing it to expect Skyrim to run here.... Anyway, how do you think my pc would handle the game (if at all)?

Now for the second part... I plan on putting this in my PC:

Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 PRO Intel P67 SK1155 REV3.0

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K (Unlocked) 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo) 6MB

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 2x4GB 1600MHz CAS9 1.5v Low Voltage

The graphic card will stay untouched for now... It will be a bottleneck to the rest, but I figure it isn't the most urgent component to substitute. So, with that configuration, how would Skyrim run? Medium?

Thanks in advance guys :D

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graphic card: ATI RADEON HD SAPHIRE 4850 512 Mbs DDR-3

CPU: INTEL CORE 2 DUO 2.33 Ghz E@6550

RAM: Kingston 2Gb com 333 Mhz de clock

Likely medium or close.

Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 PRO Intel P67 SK1155 REV3.0

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K (Unlocked) 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo) 6MB

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 2x4GB 1600MHz CAS9 1.5v Low Voltage

The graphic card will stay untouched for now... It will be a bottleneck to the rest, but I figure it isn't the most urgent component to substitute. So, with that configuration, how would Skyrim run? Medium?

Med-high. Maybe close to high settings, if your resolution is not too high (because of your 512 Mb VRam).

Edited by VBlackfang

Im kinda a noob at this,but do you think i should get the game on pc or xbox based on which one would the game look better on?

PC specs

Intel i3 cpu m370 @ 2.40GHz

4.0gb ram, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

WIn7 64bit

Your laptop is more powerful than a 360, so I'd go with the PC version.

Intel Core i7-2600k CPU @ 3.40 GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4 GHz

16384MB ram

2x 500 GB 7200 RPM HDDs

260 GTX

Corsair HX-520 PSU

Win7 business 64 bit

Your video card is "recommended" (so, high settings, not ultra), but everything else is way above.

It's almost a shame to use that video card with your processor.

At least Geforce 560 Ti, Radeon HD 6870 or 6950 would make your system really shine.

Thanks for your replies you two.

I'll get into replacing it then. It was a birthday gift from my father (last year) so I feel sort of connected to it, as weird as that sounds, but anything for Skyrim I guess!

Totally agreed. A top notch CPU and 16GB of RAM paired with a Mid-range 3 generations old video card is just....well... sad.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955

RAM: 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)

GFX: 1024MB GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Gigabyte) [OC version, I believe, running at 900 MHz during games]

HD: 977GB SAMSUNG SAMSUNG HD103SJ SCSI Disk Device (ATA)

It should be more than adequate for running stuff on high, but does it do ultra as well?

It's not like I have any kind of cash to replace stuff with, but hey, curiosity doesn't hurt :P

Max resolution on my screen is 1920x1080, btw.

I got windows 7 64 bit, 1.73 GHz, i7 740, 6 Gig RAM, and two 5870 ATI Mobility Radeon with Crossfire, while I be able 2 run this if so what can I run it on?

Hmm, that sounds a little under-powered. You might be able to run it on low settings.

You should add a liquid nitrogen cooling system and overclock everything to be sure. You might be able to play at medium settings if you set up an SSD RAID and get an extra 10 gigs of RAM.

Edited by xaliqen