The Thread of Computers (aka will my computer run Skyrim)

Zeazer

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

windows 7 home premium 64 git

AMD Athlon 3.0 GHz Tri-core

4 GB 1200 MHz RAM

ATI 5770 1 GB GDDR5

I know I'll be able to run the game, but no idea how well. Hoping for just about medium setting or at medium.

Yeah you should be fine with medium.

I am wondering if I can get around 60fps with my setup maxed out at 1920x1080. I really really doubt it but tell me what you think I'll get fps wise. hopefully at least avg 45. (including all the crazy texture packs that come out eventually)

I5-2500k 4.5Ghz @ 1.26v with Corsair a70 fan

8 Gb 1600 corsair vengeance RAM

windows 7 64 bit home premium

asus p8p67 pro (rev 3.1) mobo

msi twin frozr III gtx 570 (not overclocked)

Edited by Zachcuden

Zachuden --- I think you will be able to easily avg 45 fps quite likely 60 in most areas with that rig. Skyrim is not going to be a graphics benchmark of it's day like Oblivion was... blame it on the consoles or whatever, the game will look nice, but it shouldn't be too terribly demanding on a high end system (at least so I hope...).

I saved up for a long time (2 years) for a new laptop when I was somewhat disappointed with the one that I got for a great deal at the time, it runs a very modded Oblivion though with no problems, Skyrim should be interesting.

18.4" 1680x944

Core 2 Duo P6600

4GB RAM

9600M GT

500GB 5400rpm

BD player

I just picked up my new G74SX (1200$ Cdn!) last week: I'll be running it on max settings regardless of fps, I'm not a whirling dervish, I just do the role-play thing.

17.3" 1920x1080

2630QM i7

8GB DDR3 1333MHz

GTX 560M (the good one: 3GB DDR5)

750GB 7200rpm

Blu ray & 3D

I'll post fps stuff/visual comparison images the day after release, if I'm not too distracted...

edits: like right now

Edited by true highlander

windows 7 home premium 64 git

AMD Athlon 3.0 GHz Tri-core

4 GB 1200 MHz RAM

ATI 5770 1 GB GDDR5

I know I'll be able to run the game, but no idea how well. Hoping for just about medium setting or at medium.

Yeah you should be fine with medium.

I am wondering if I can get around 60fps with my setup maxed out at 1920x1080. I really really doubt it but tell me what you think I'll get fps wise. hopefully at least avg 45. (including all the crazy texture packs that come out eventually)

I5-2500k 4.5Ghz @ 1.26v with Corsair a70 fan

8 Gb 1600 corsair vengeance RAM

windows 7 64 bit home premium

asus p8p67 pro (rev 3.1) mobo

msi twin frozr III gtx 570 (not overclocked)

Yeah I don't think you'll have much of an issue with the game at all. I mean the recommended is saying that you have way more graphical power needed and you have your cpu going at a nice rate paired with 1600mhz ram. if my laptop can get 35-40 fps in maxed (hardcore/extreme) @ 1920/1080 crysis 2 then your desktop should get way more. And being that skyrim isnt going to be as much of a powerhog, I would expect my laptop to get an easy 60-70 maxed. Oblivion with 8x AA, view distance maxed and everything else at max I average between 110 and 150 running through the trees. In town is 150+. Mind you that the GPU is overclocked.

So yeah i posted here about a week ago and i recently find out that i have a 2 gig version of my videocard so my specs are:

GFX: Nvidia GT 530 2 gig

CPU: Intel Core quad Q9300 2.5 GHZ

RAM: 4 gygs.

So would those 2 gigs make any chance to my graphics?

not really .. it helps a bit but your not going to be running it very well .. low to mid if you dont mind lower framerates you might be able to push it a little .. my 220 I loved .. it was weak but I had a lot of fun tweaking the games to run properly at mid range settings and low fps

So yeah i posted here about a week ago and i recently find out that i have a 2 gig version of my videocard so my specs are:

GFX: Nvidia GT 530 2 gig

CPU: Intel Core quad Q9300 2.5 GHZ

RAM: 4 gygs.

So would those 2 gigs make any chance to my graphics?

not really .. it helps a bit but your not going to be running it very well .. low to mid if you dont mind lower framerates you might be able to push it a little .. my 220 I loved .. it was weak but I had a lot of fun tweaking the games to run properly at mid range settings and low fps

Just did a canyourunit it on the site and it said that i was well past the recommended specs for some odd reason.... And the same goes for RAGE (which i can run at good framerate and also needs a slightly worse video card)