The Thread of Computers (aka will my computer run Skyrim)

Zeazer

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intel Core i5 CPU M450 @ 2.40 GHz

4.00 GB of ram

Intel HD Graphics Card

I can run Deus Ex with almost no problems on lowest settings, and all Source games maxed out with almost no problems. I can also run Fallout 3 on medium with almost no problems.

Here's mine, What's the damage doc?

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: 6GB RAM

Card : ATI Radeon HD 5570

Hard drive: No Problem

Screen Resolution: 1920 X 1080

I think you'll do well at medium - high settings.

Intel Core i5 CPU M450 @ 2.40 GHz

4.00 GB of ram

Intel HD Graphics Card

I can run Deus Ex with almost no problems on lowest settings, and all Source games maxed out with almost no problems. I can also run Fallout 3 on medium with almost no problems.

I guess we'll see, but I had an old laptop similar to this that could barely run Oblivion on low settings. I doubt based on the minimum requirements you'll be able to play very smoothly on anything but low (possibly!)

Unntil I get my new computer, I am stuck with this laptop.

I run Skyrim at anything from 7-25 FPS using a intel 4500 GMA integrated graphics chip, and 3 gigabytes of ram.

Just thought people who were not sure could know. If I can run it with my crappy specs, I bet you can too.

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone,

Here's my system specs(a notebook):

Intel i3 M380 @2.53 ghz (4 CPUs)

4 GB Samsung DDR3 1066 Mhz RAM

and my graphic card is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 (512 MB) - with DirectX 11

So I've setup the TESV ( was version 1.12 )a month ago, then Skyrim launcher detected my default preference as "High" But i chose to run with Medium quality and i played the game quite stable for three weeks

So last week I've upgraded the game to 1.4 and i had many performance problems with fps, textures, effects etc.

I'm struggling hard for more stability and find solutions for two days :/ nothing helps :(

I tried all fixing and boosting stuff but i have nothing with them. I've been depressed for these days. I'm trying to keep my mind away from sad thoughts with games. But this problem makes me more depressed, like an emo :) Please help me. What am i supposed to do? Can't I run the Skyrim with my system? I heard and read about people can play the Skyrim with lowered systems. I need your advices.

I have the following laptop:

Acer i5 with Nvidia GT540M video card (2GB), 4GB ram. 500GB HDD.

Will this run smoothly on High?

Is there anything I need to tweak to get the smoothest FPS I can? Anything with the card/graphics options?

Last night Steam kinda glitched up so I had to uninstall. Darn I just want a pretty Skyrim...

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, sorry to barge in like this; my primary PC has been dead for quite some time now, so I haven't been active on the forum, since I'm not actually playing.

Anyway, I'm planning to get a new PC in a couple of months now, also the AMD FX X8 8150, AM3+, 3.6/4.2GHz (8 cores) processor.

Now, I've seen this site, and from what I understand Skyrim actually runs 4 threads, one of which uses ~100% of a single core, and the other 3 are light enough to be run on a single core in a dual core CPU (which i did before my PC broke).

My question is: Is there any way I could optimize the usage of the aforementioned CPU, primarily upping the usage of 4 cores, as I doubt I could magically spawn more threads?

Any optimizing mods or hacks, patches? How is the latest official patch faring?

I have the following laptop:

Acer i5 with Nvidia GT540M video card (2GB), 4GB ram. 500GB HDD.

Will this run smoothly on High?

Is there anything I need to tweak to get the smoothest FPS I can? Anything with the card/graphics options?

Last night Steam kinda glitched up so I had to uninstall. Darn I just want a pretty Skyrim...

Hey. I can't give you any advice on Skyrim, but I've had experience with Acer laptops and gaming on laptops, so I can give you an advice:

Do keep your laptop aired and clean (the fan inside). I would recommend buying a cooling pad.

If the fan gets clogged the temperatures will rise rapidly, and fall rapidly if you turn the laptop off right after playing on cold days, and that is likely to cause solder joints to crack after a few years, which actually happened to me 3 times, last time on the motherboard and I couldn't save the laptop afterwards.

Fortunately, cleaning an Acer laptop is pretty easy, just pop of the back cover and the fan is right there held down with 3 screws.

Hope that helps.