ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

The WItcher 1 - Savegame help

Hi - not sure if anyone will be able to help with this or not. Can someone provide me with a savegame from somewhere in the Catacombs before killing Azar? (and is it OK to ask for this?)

I'm almost finished on my second playthrough of The Witcher 1, and have hit a show-stopper bug which I can't find any reference to by Googling.

I kill the Koshchey. I run into the lab, Azar appears, and then nothing. He and Geralt just stand there with minor body motions, but that's it. It looks as though it's supposed to go into a cutscene, but nothing happens. The keyboard is locked, the mouse pointer is present, and I get a dialog icon if I hove the mouse over Azar, but nothing happens if I click, and I can't move or look around. Esc doesn't work, and I can only break out by opening the task manager and aborting the game that way. I've tried multiple times, re-booted, gone back to a slightly earlier save, but still nothing. I verified the files against Steam and it passed.

I've now wiped the files and am re-downloading, but if this doesn't solve the problem, I'm really at a loss. Steam ran an auto-update for the Director's Cut between my last playthrough and this one, but if there was a general problem, I'd expect to see people ranting on the web. The only other thing I can think of is that it's something to do with the game options I took, (Neutral Path, Berengar dead).

If I could get hold of a savegame with different options, it would help me try to isolate the problem, as it would give me a confirmation on whether it's something system level, or something to do with my game options. Unfortunately, I only kept the endgame save from my last runthrough.

For info, in case anyone has other ideas:

- Windows 7 x64 PC

- Witcher v 1.5, enhanced, director's cut

- I had the Dentist Storage mod installed, but have tried deleting it just in case (although it seemed unlikely to be the cause of the problem). Otherwise, no mods.

- No issues with graphics until this point. My GC doesn't support DirectX11.