some mods just aren't worth it

okay so first do I have to get rid of all the animation replacer that stuck to my meshes when I got rid of aluku's replacer or do I just overwrite everything with DR6. Edited by TOkoolforskool

You don't really need to uninstall your animation replacers before installing DR6. Just reinstall them after DR6, so they overwrite DR6's animations. Animations don't really "stick" to meshes. If you delete all of the animation (.kf) files in your meshes subfolders (_male and _1st person), it'll just cause the game to use vanilla actions for everything, though some other mods that call special animations from those folders, such as idle animations and pose mods, may have problems.

Well, I don't know about you others, but I think it's pretty rude to treat mods shared with the community for no gain in such a discouraging way, publically proclaiming them to be broken in a huge list.

It will only take 1 single user getting it to work to prove you wrong and ridicule the list, and it will be my pleasure to do so for every single mod you list, should you really pull this off. ...just telling...

"There can be no opinions about truth."

Modders are so very very touchy and defensive. It gets ridiculous sometimes. You and I both know that there are indeed mod bugs. Some mods are so buggy that they break the game, break everything around them, and sometimes prevent the game from even running. If a person were to deny that mod bugs exist, then I would wonder what they were smoking.

Mods are provided to the public for free. The labor put into making them is a gift, and a generous one at that. But what if the gift is broken? It is free, and it was generous, but it is still broken and cannot be used, or works such that you would want to avoid using it. It is broken!

Why should we go tip-toeing around trying not to hurt anyone's feelings? Nobody should go off crying because someone offered constructive criticism about their broken mod. Maybe instead of attacking the error reporter or whining that nobody loves them, they should fix the bugs. Then people won't complain about them and more people really will love their work.

I think of a baseball umpire. He doesn't care what anyone says or thinks. he just stares them in the eye and says, "I calls 'em like I sees 'em."

So I don't know what mods other people have been playing, but many of those I download do indeed contain bugs, and some of them fall into the "epically broken" category and have to be quickly removed from my load order.

Well, I don't know about you others, but I think it's pretty rude to treat mods shared with the community for no gain in such a discouraging way, publically proclaiming them to be broken in a huge list.

It will only take 1 single user getting it to work to prove you wrong and ridicule the list, and it will be my pleasure to do so for every single mod you list, should you really pull this off. ...just telling...

Modders are so very very touchy and defensive. It gets ridiculous sometimes. You and I both know that there are indeed mod bugs. Some mods are so buggy that they break the game, break everything around them, and sometimes prevent the game from even running. If a person were to deny that mod bugs exist, then I would wonder what they were smoking.

Mods are provided to the public for free. The labor put into making them is a gift, and a generous one at that. But what if the gift is broken? It is free, and it was generous, but it is still broken and cannot be used, or works such that you would want to avoid using it. It is broken!

Why should we go tip-toeing around trying not to hurt anyone's feelings? Nobody should go off crying because someone offered constructive criticism about their broken mod. Maybe instead of attacking the error reporter or whining that nobody loves them, they should fix the bugs. Then people won't complain about them and more people really will love their work.

I think of a baseball umpire. He doesn't care what anyone says or thinks. he just stares them in the eye and says, "I calls 'em like I sees 'em."

So I don't know what mods other people have been playing, but many of those I download do indeed contain bugs, and some of them fall into the "epically broken" category and have to be quickly removed from my load order.

As I already said in my apologize on top of the last page I must have been in a very bad mood back then, as this choice of words is way too harsh for me. Something must have really pissed me off this day and then came this title and the thread got all the fire... or something.

Of course there are mods which actually are buggy or even broken. With those I of course can't prove such a list wrong. But a public list where everybody posts which mod he "thinks" is broken? You'll have a witch hunt going on in seconds.

Maybe if you pull this off with the individual modders' consent, this way maybe even with express permission given for whoever comes around and fixes it to release the fix, then this could be a really valuable resource, but as I also pointed out above, without the authors' consent even if you fixed it, you were not allowed to release your fix.

And don't tell me the list won't be literally flooded with false accusations in an instant. I've seen it happen around here far too often already. There are still people who publically complain about UV being broken because they die an instant after starting the game! Just as an example. And exactly this you will get in such a list. Public accusations, rightfully or not. This is what I called disrespectful and unneeded, hurt feelings or not.

But I think we are derailing the thread now as the topic has changed a few days ago.

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

so does anyone have any tips on how to use BBC exactly cause I've been asking this question for some time now and its kind of getting repetitive.

I'm not saying that nobody's helping with it but I finally fixed DR6 and installed a couple of new mods to replace some old ones so I'll be posting a new load order as soon as I get them put in the right place this time.

"FALSE" sorry I never really posted my problem with BBC so I'll do that now and add the load order later.

Edited by TOkoolforskool

nvm on BBC nothing went wrong but now I can't fast travel

and is it possible to dual wield guns in this game cause I was looking at screenshots for silverlight warglaive armor and this one dude had to silver handguns

Amen.

And to the OP: Your LO is messed up (if that even was our LO). Run BOSS

Download, it is an automatic mod sorter that eliminates conflicts and suggests tags for wrye bash. Does not know all mods, but knows at least the most popular ones. Very usefull.

, try wrye bash

Download You can use this for a lot of things, but the function I'm suggesting it for is the bashed patch, which merges changes other mods make, and thereby aliminates conflicts or makes mods that couldn't work together before, work together.

.... And maybe, maybe your "broken" mods will suddenly be magically fixed :) Oh, and try installing them through OBMM

Download, an automatic installer. Cleans out folders automatically when you remove mods, Makes good installs, easy to use, and includes the most loveable thing ever: install scripts.

if you didnt. Also, READ THE DOCUMENTATION. I know it's boring, I hate it too, but it usually contains information needed to keep mods from being "broken".

Edited by FakePersonality

it would also be much appreciated if someone could copy their whole oblivion folder and either 7zip it or format it into a rar file and then just give me a download link and that way deadly reflex, bananasplits better cities and any other mods I might have trouble with could easily be fixed.

because they would already be formatted into obmm and BOSS, and also wyre bash.

That wouldn't really work unless someone had exactly the same mods you do. If they had different mods or lacked some of your mods, the load order in BOSS would be different and their bash patch would probably CTD you when you tried to load the game.

Even if they did have the same mods, it still might not work, for several reasons. They may have different hardware than you, they may have a different operating system than you, they may have a different version of the same mod, they may have a different installation/windows configuration than you, etc. etc. . All these things make a difference.