some mods just aren't worth it

Hmm, what mood was I in when I wrote this? Such hard words aren't my usual repertoire. I'm sorry.

I was apparently overreacting when I read this title. It sounds so offensive and downright rude, and then the proposal of creating an official list with "Hey guys, don't use these mods! They're broken!"... guess I just had to read this too often already when it was only the complainer doing things wrong on his side. Lately I got very protective against attacks on others.

But even if a list of "epicly broken" (again not a nice wording, but I calmed down now) mods were to be sustained here, whoever does the fixes would still need the original author's permission to release what he fixed. Given the situation at hand those were unresponsive before, or the need for someone else to fix their mods won't have come up to begin with. So we're back at where we started and nobody's profiting from it.

Coming to your actual issues now, all 3 of those mods are still very actively worked on, so I don't see the relation to broken mods someone else has to repair here. (Those are definitely not "broken".)

Nevertheless you need to be a little more specific as to what your actual issues with those mods are, what is/isn't working, and what you're requesting help with in general, or we can't be of much help to you.

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

Well there are some mods that are broken really, and haven't really been updated. For example, as far as I know, TheTalkieToaster's Adrenaline Fueled Combat still has some script bugs that started when OBSE 18 was released. I haven't tried it with OBSE 20 yet, but I imagine OBSE wouldn't roll back features to pre-OBSE 18.

Come to think of it, I better try it. Who knows, maybe it is fixed already...

I would like to apologize for using epic in the wrong context but I like that word a lot and as for the three mods I'm talking about you would have to first see all the mods I have currently on my game so I'll just put my list up really quick and then explain the trouble I've been having with them.

CM Partners.esm

CM Partner Destara.esp

Colourwheels Sexy Female NPCs.esp

Natural_Weather_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp

MaleBodyReplacerV4.esp

1AlexScorpionSneakingSuit.esp

Drake Knight Armor and Weapons v1.0.esp

Colourwheels Sexy Stock Armor & Clothing Replacer.esp

Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp

Colourwheels Sexy Imperial Legion.esp

MidasSpells.esp

_Ren_BeautyPack_full.esp

Wolven Anthros.esp

OOO-ThiefGuild_Difficult.esp

KT_CustomRaceFix.esp

LdyarflsCheatCodeBook.esp

The Shadow Classes.esp

DEJ Harvest - Flora.esp

Living Economy.esp

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp

OOO-Potions.esp

OOO-BirthSigns.esp

OOO-Magic_Effects+Spells.esp

OOO-Magic_Effects+Enchantments.esp

OOO-Dangerous_Traps.esp

OOO-Armor_Perks_WearRate_Repair.esp

OOO-Magic_Game_Settings.esp

OOO-Combat_Skills_Perks_Marksmanship.esp

OOO-Deadly_Combat.esp

OOO-DLT_Immersion.esp

OOO-Level_Slow.esp

Weapon Magic.esp

Raizan.esp

Command Mount.esp

CompanionHorseSupport.esp

CompanionHorseSupportFIX forCMPartners.esp

3 Alternative Stories.esp

phinix_portable_tent.esp

LadyDeadlock_LoveYourHorse.esp

Players horse and dog.esp

YojimboGear2.esp

ElzMoreVoice.esp

CM Partners.esp

DesuChan's Kawa-Khajiits.esp

CM Partners Extra NPCs.esp

CM Partners Marker NPCs.esp

CM Partners More NPCs.esp

CM Partners NPC.esp

CM Partners Special NPCs.esp

1em_Vilja.esp

xulAncientRedwoods.esp

xulArriusCreek.esp

xulBlackwoodForest.esp

xulBrenaRiverRavine.esp

xulChorrolHinterland.esp

xulColovianHighlands_EV.esp

XulEntiusGorge.esp

xulFallenleafEverglade.esp

xulBeachesOfCyrodiilLostCoast.esp

xulPantherRiver.esp

xulRiverEthe.esp

xulSnowdale.esp

xulTheHeath.esp

xulCliffsOfAnvil.esp

xulRollingHills_EV.esp

xulPatch_AY_AC.esp

xulSilverfishRiverValley.esp

xulStendarrValley.esp

xulSkingradOutskirts.esp

xulLushWoodlands.esp

xulImperialIsle.esp

xuldarkforest.esp

xulCloudtopMountains.esp

xulCheydinhalFalls.esp

xulBravilBarrowfields.esp

xulAspenWood.esp

xulAncientYews.esp

P1DseeYouSleep.esp

FF7 Swords 1-5 combined.esp

Minionz.esp

okay so first I need to know why my deadly reflex 6 isn't working with this mod called aluku's animation replacers. meaning that I can start the game fine but when I get into the game the message boxes come up asking me to hold down the keys I'd like to use but whenever I type in a key it automatically use the default keys and the reason this is a bad thing is because my wolven anthros mod uses the x key to transform into a wolf but DR6 uses the x key as the dodge button so I have to either use a different race or figure out some way to fix the keys, and the only reason I have aluku's replacer activated is because I like how it gives my character multiple choices on how to fight, be it with a sword, a staff, a bow, or with my bare hands, and it felt awesome! :dance: but if I had to choose between DR6 and the animation replacer I'd probably pick DR6 because it would be awesome to chop someones head off. so once I've gotten help with this I'll list why I can't use BBC or certain Unique Landscapes. Edited by TOkoolforskool

I don't want to sound mean, but please try to use periods or at least press the enter key when you start a new idea lol. D: It's kinda hard to read and understand your posts. Call me slow, but I had to reread your posts just to see if I actually understood what the problem is. It'll help us better understand what to help you with. :D

Anyway, if I remember correctly, DR6 uses its own animation stuff and would conflict with mods that alter animations too. I may be wrong though (I don't have it anymore, too many bugs). But the conflicts are just file conflicts, and won't really cause bugs in game. I used Deadly Reflex with all kinds of animation replacers, and there was never any problem. Just make sure you install DR first and your animation replacer afterward.

Also, why does DR automatically revert to default keys? That's the main thing you gotta figure out, cuz it doesn't do that for me (or most people). How do you know it reverts to default keys? You have to know that you can't use DR's dodge effect unless certain conditions are met (skill level, etc.), so that may be why you think it's broken.

the reason for the default keys reverting with DR6 was actually because I had my animation replacer installed first so thanks for that, and as for the dodge key my problem is that its using my f key which is the equip key and won't let me change anything or even bring up the configuration box. Edited by TOkoolforskool

You're suppose to change the keys definition in the ini file. I actual left the dodge key at default and changed the ready weapon key instead to a mouse button, more handy. :happy:

Here are some things to know about Better Cities and Unique Landscapes. The first thing is you need a fairly powerful computer. If your computer is old or not too powerful it might not be able to handle running both of those. The other thing to know is that Oblivion world spaces are made up of cells. Both BC and UL change a lot of those cells. If you have any mods that also change those same cells, you may experience conflicts. That's why there are a lot of compatibility patches for those mods. For example, if one of your mods places a chest of new weapons in a cell and UL puts a hill there, you might need a compatability patch to make it so that the chest is on top of the hill and you can reach it. If you are having problems when you run BC or UL of several objects interfering with each other, or landscape tearing, it most likely means you have other mods which are fighting over the same cells.