PS3 to get Diablo III

Pyrosocial

I very seriously doubt that Blizzard will release anything for the console. If they do, then they will very seriously have to reconsider their user interface, in which case they will have to diverge from Diablo II like controls. I think it would be a not-so-smart idea for Blizzard to release a console version.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't you need an internet connection to play Diablo 3, though?What did they say about it, that you could "Play this game on dialup", well I'm pretty sure dial-up doesn't work for the PS3.

• 4 months later...
I think it would be pretty awesome as long as they don't deviate too much, both with the Ps3 version and PC. I'll be picking it up regardless!

i though Blizzard has said they would be developing it separately, so it wouldnt just be a port. i could be wrong, and they could have been talking about something else, but i remember something a long those lines

I didn't find Diablo 3 to be the game it is hyped up as while playing it (Beta). It was cool for a bit but I enjoyed the feel of the second one much more. When you consider the real money auction house and constant internet connection requirement it really looses its appeal. I may pick it up if the price goes down to $20 but the beta is hardly enough to make me want to. The PS3 would be able to run it without a problem so I don't doubt it could be on the way, but the auction house is bound to cause problems with everything. It was already removed from the South Korean version of the game because it was looked at as gambling...lucky Korea :laugh: . If it gets reviewed to be like gambling by the esrb it could recieve an AO rating making it impossible to be purchased for the PS3, and the fact that a kid could go buy it and engage in 'gambling' could cause a stir. If they made it back into a LAN party game and stopped being so focused on additional revenue steams I would probably get it, but until that happens it will be a no go for me :sweat:.

from the screenshots, it looked a lot like Torchlight. it didnt seem to have its dark and bloody feel that the original Diablos had....the jail cells of D2, the blood, the dismembered bodies, the torture devices. thats Diablo, and idk, even if its in D3, i dont feel like the graphics will compliment that.....im only going off screenshots and some video though, not the beta or anything, so my thoughts are even more limited then BeyondTom's.

that said, im quite excited for Torchlight 2! :P