ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

female complexion freckles

KadebostanyCastle

I somewhat messed my game up

http://i.imgur.com/b0OEkwM.jpg

Today I uninstalled some mods and installed a few new. I had fair skin, but I replaced it with sg texture renewal.

Before the change when I set complexion to 1 my female characters would have freckles.

They kinda looked like this

http://i.imgur.com/3BeW6q9.jpg

but now for some reason they get old instead of having those freckles. Anyone has any idea what causes this? I have cbbe installed for bodies.

Freckles are an overlay added to RaceMenu by a mod. It's possible that you simply uninstalled that mod which adds them.

Just as a note -- It's a bad idea to uninstall mods in mid-playthrough for the very reasons you've just found. :)

What you are seeing now is the default, which is aged complexion. The original complexion slider adds wrinkles. Fair Skin changed the slider to be freckles. SG Textures doesn't change the complexion slider. If you want to keep SG Textures you can look for some freckle mods and just keep the complexion slider all the way left.

There are some other texture mods that do add in freckles or other options in the complexion slider. Can't remember them off the top of my head, but I've used them in the past.

It must have been Fair Skin Complexion, because that was the skin that I had uninstalled. It now makes sense when I think about it, I first thought those freckles were part cbbe. I thought by installing SG I had somewhat messed up cbbe.

Anyway, I want those freckles so I guess I have to go back to fair skin. To bad, I really liked sg so far.

Hi

If you want to experiment with a characters looks I recommend that you use a custom race. That way you won't trash your game & you won't be adding all that overhead to all the Females in the game that could make your game unplayable if you have a weak system.

I use ECE's Ygnord & The MilkyGirl Race for this. The MilkyGirl Race is an old mod with good code(stable in game). The mage & worrier use their own meshes & textures. The assassin does not. The characters that you create will look nothing like the screen shoots so don't worry. You will need to download & install mods into the custom race manually. To start go to the Companion & follower categories on the Nexus & find a follower that that looks close to what you want & down load it manually. Copy the meshes, textures & face-gen files to the custom race folders. Then put your new character into the game to see what you have in the showracemenu. Then add mods like SG Textures, but you have to do it manually. I have been doing this since Oblivion & in some ways it is more fun than playing the game.

Later