New Player

Airahn

Hello, I just recently got into modding Oblivion and would love to learn more about it. The only problem is I can't and would prefer not to mod alone. So if anyone needs help with brainstorming, testing, or any other mod creating subject just comment below or contact this profile. I don't know everything, or even a lot for that matter, but I would love to learn or help out! I do know the basics and have lots of ideas for mods and a little advanced techniques. So just ask for help, I have plenty of free time!

If you have so much time, would you like to be a clothing modder? There's a lot of clothing styles that I'd like to see in this game, both for male and female characters. D: I'd totally love to do it but I don't have as much free time really. I play Oblivion to pass the time, but don't have as much time to write complicated mods or learn to do clothing stuff.

Apparently it's not that hard, but it takes time to learn to use the tools lol.

Just tossing the idea up.

Hi Airahn,

A group of people are making some changes to the Khajiit and Argionian races, which is involving a fair bit of footwear mesh modding. The work is being done for HGEC body already, but will need modifying for the vanilla body, along with the BAB one and Roberts female. If you feel you could help, have a chat with Razorpony . The thread is at http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/294301-proper-khajit-and-argonian-bodyshapesanimations/

The actual work may be (ok, probably will be) fairly basic, but you'll be part of a team doing something that a year ago couldn't be done - putting proper feet back on the Khajiit and Argonian races. There's also a guy tinkering with Centaurs who may need some torso armors modding.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

If you have so much time, would you like to be a clothing modder? There's a lot of clothing styles that I'd like to see in this game, both for male and female characters. D: I'd totally love to do it but I don't have as much free time really. I play Oblivion to pass the time, but don't have as much time to write complicated mods or learn to do clothing stuff.

Apparently it's not that hard, but it takes time to learn to use the tools lol.

Just tossing the idea up.

I could learn that, but I need to know the tools. Any particular styles? BTW I prefer to work with weapons and armor.

That's good then. :dance:

I know a lot of people would like to see cool armor based on other games that would totally fit into the Oblivion world (like this). I don't want to request anything really specific of you and make you feel pressured or anything. But the truth is, we need more armor modders. There's a lot of clothing modders but their focus is mostly on the sexy or otherwise out-of-place stuff like modern clothes, lingerie, etc. That's cool too and I actually use those mods, but I also want to see some cool armor mods that actually look like armor too.

As for what tools are used... I don't know much about it really. I only remember Blender, NifSkope and GIMP are used (or 3DsMax and Photoshop if you can afford them). I never actually got started with trying them before, because I was busy with other things.

-edit: Oh one more thing. I remember one of the clothing modders giving me advice on it. They said to practice by modifying some vanilla armors and changing their shape or something, so it can give me a basic idea of how stuff works. Of course, I never actually got to try doing any of that, but it could give you a hint on how to begin.

Edited by UNKNOWNYMOUS