Confirmed items (maybe add to Skyrim Information thread?)

Zeazer

weren't the ingredients unweighted in Oblivion as well?, I don't see a point in making them weighted (and don't say for *realism*, this is a game, not a historically inaccurate viking simulator).

And over in the main information thread, it says that all armours are split into Upper and Lower pieces.

Good to see that armor weight has been brought down so that looting dead bandits and marauders along with the loot around their camp won't be as troublesome as it was in Oblivion. Although, assuming that the "armor and weapons are heavier as you go up the tier" rule is still in place, why is some weaponry heavier than armor now?

And over in the main information thread, it says that all armours are split into Upper and Lower pieces.

Latest Information (07.05.2011 - 21:17 GMT)

Upper and lower body armor is combined (Greaves and cuirass). This allows for more characters on the screen, better visuals and a lot more armors.

They are being combined into one piece, according to one interview, because it will allow more actors to be on screen and I think it'll render faster as a single piece.

• 3 weeks later...
weren't the ingredients unweighted in Oblivion as well?

No.

I don't see a point in making them weighted

To stop you carrying unlimited ingredients=unlimited stuff to sell+unlimited potions to make, to make the player priorotise what he/she needs to carry around, and what they don't.

A tonne of feathers still weighs the same as a tonne of bricks.

don't say for *realism*, this is a game

Oh please, not this retarded argument. (let the rage begin)

This sort of game needs a certain amout of realism, otherwise I'd just be able to cast non-realistic fireballs at a guard , then turn invisible and go into sneak mode, run away, then come back into town, still invisible and sneaking, only to find out that all the guards are psychic and know exactly where I am, merely because I have a bounty, and if I smash someone ninety times in the head with a huge warhammer they merely get knocked unconscious because they are immortal; and if I murder half a city, I only get a few days in prison and not a death sentence, and by putting a mask on, and taking it off even if in front of a person makes them think that me and the Grey Fox are two completely different people, and I can shoot a bandit and his friends stand there looking at his corpse doing nothing, and people insstantly know who I am even though they've never seen me before just because I'm famous... (5 minutes later) ... and we don't want decent graphics (and before you say graphics have nothing to do with realism; they do, otherwise pac-man world would be just as real as Resident evil 5), and you can take Physics and BIN IT because we don't need realism.

(exit rage)

Games do need a certain amount of realism, even fantasy games, creating myths and monsters and magic is fine, but defying simple laws of physics just to make the game slightly easier for yourself is not (unless you use a magic spell, then it's magic and is fine).

Edited by 10dmcghee

weren't the ingredients unweighted in Oblivion as well?

No.

I don't see a point in making them weighted

To stop you carrying unlimited ingredients=unlimited stuff to sell+unlimited potions to make, to make the player priorotise what he/she needs to carry around, and what they don't.

A tonne of feathers still weighs the same as a tonne of bricks.

don't say for *realism*, this is a game

Oh please, not this retarded argument. (let the rage begin)

This sort of game needs a certain amout of realism, otherwise I'd just be able to cast non-realistic fireballs at a guard , then turn invisible and go into sneak mode, run away, then come back into town, still invisible and sneaking, only to find out that all the guards are psychic and know exactly where I am, merely because I have a bounty, and if I smash someone ninety times in the head with a huge warhammer they merely get knocked unconscious because they are immortal; and if I murder half a city, I only get a few days in prison and not a death sentence, and by putting a mask on, and taking it off even if in front of a person makes them think that me and the Grey Fox are two completely different people, and I can shoot a bandit and his friends stand there looking at his corpse doing nothing, and people insstantly know who I am even though they've never seen me before just because I'm famous... (5 minutes later) ... and we don't want decent graphics (and before you say graphics have nothing to do with realism; they do, otherwise pac-man world would be just as real as Resident evil 5), and you can take Physics and BIN IT because we don't need realism.

(exit rage)

Games do need a certain amount of realism, even fantasy games, creating myths and monsters and magic is fine, but defying simple laws of physics just to make the game slightly easier for yourself is not (unless you use a magic spell, then it's magic and is fine).

The gray foxes mask was a daedric artifact, it wasn't just a normal mask.

Once you put it on your previous self disappears completely and the person in front of you forgets you were even there.

It is a bit over powered though.

And for last some of the spells in the hotkeys (some may be Dragon Shouts):

Bound Battleaxe

Chain Lightning

Circle of Protection

Clairvoyance (described somewhere else as well)

Fire Breath (Dragon Shout?)

Flames

Frost Rune

Frostbite

Healing

I know I covered some of the spells in my Skills thread, but most didn't need a description. I mainly mentioned notable or new ones such as Clairvoyance. Also, not items of course...but still good to mention.

And this is a screen capture that I cropped for the Fire Breath dragon shout:

The first word learned will be "Fire", followed by "Inferno" then "Sun"...makes sense, in the order of least hot to the hottest. Feel free to figure out how to pronounce it, I don't feel up to that at 2 am. Haha.

*scrolls through the list quickly to not see anything* .. Every time I find out about items in a game before I play it its always less fun for me .. it was like that with NV .. I had played fallout three and seen them all before and was just .. meh .. and with oblivion I checked the wiki pages to see which armors I would be getting at what point .. I regretted it instantly lol .. Its like opening your birthday gift and knowing whats inside .. even if its what you want its not gonna be as awesome as opening the gift.. getting what you want .. aaand it being a surprise :D